Games you want, but are not willing to pay full price for.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
Call of Duty, Black Ops. INB4 rage, I dislike the series as much as the next man, but in a way, Black Ops is a tiny step forward. It had some of that arcadish feel I get from multiplayer shooters like Unreal and Quake, and it's fun. Is it worth the (approximately) 80 dollars? Nah.

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
Every game I've bought since Doom 3. At least while Steam sales mean I can get every game I want for $15 or less, and most for $5.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
kortin said:
Well, I don't WANT it, but I would play Swtor if it wasn't $60 on release. That's retarded as hell and BioWare should get tons of flak for it.
Why should Bioware get tons of flak for having their MMO be $60 on release?
This is pretty standard for most MMOs today, WoW did it and so did several other MMOs.
So why should they get shit for going with the standard?

OT: All the games in the Nintendo franchise, I'd like to take a crack at them since I really haven't touched Nintendo much since the GC days. But I'm just not willing to drop the money on a Wii and the games.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
TestECull said:
Ubisoft's entire catalog, mainly because of their DRM and "Fuck you, give us money" attitude towards PC gamers.

I'm sure the AssCreed series is good, Driver SanFrancisco has gotten good reviews from the only two reviewers I trust but I don't want it just because I don't want to support Ubisoft[footnote]I'm aware it lacks their DRM entirely but I still don't want to support it, even indirectly by buying other games they make. I know they're not going to take the hint, and even without their DRM their PC gamer attitude still spoils it.[/footnote]...Ubi's loss, not mine.
If that's your opinion on Ubisoft (and it's mine too), then do what I did with Rayman Origins; buy it second-hand. You still get a great game at a reduced price, but Ubisoft don't see a penny of it! It's an even bigger flaming-fuck-you-finger in their faces!

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Zhukov said:
darkcalling said:
Zhukov said:
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Batman Arkham City
Assassin's Creed Revelations and Arkham City are totally worth $50 IMO. The others I haven't played yet. (Amalur's on preorder) Bioshock: Infinite is the only one that springs to mind at the moment.
Fifty dollars, eh? Try $100.

Australia prices.

Besides, AC:R is the worst AC game thus far and I wasn't the biggest fan of Arkham Asylum so I'm not about to pay top dollar for the sequel.
City is WAY better than Asylum. I thought Asylum was alright, but I loved the shit out of City.

OT: The new Twisted Metal. I'm looking forward to it, truth be told, but I have a feeling it might not be as great as I'm hoping so I'm waiting on price drop. That and I'll be too focused on Kingdoms of Amalur, SSX, and Mass Effect which are all out around the same time.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
The following is the contents of a notepad file I had lying around in case of the unlikely event of me having some money.

GTA 4
LA Noire
Skyrim
Deus Ex: HR
Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3
Magicka
Amnesia
Any Call of Duty game
Any Battlefield game
The Witcher 1 and 2
Dark Souls
The Old Republic
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Skyward Sword
Pokemon Black
Dragon Age: Origins and 2
Bastion
Infinity Blade 2
Catherine
Kingdoms of Amalur
Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite
Uncharted 3
Saints Row 3
Every Halo game
Every Fable game
The World Ends With You
Plants vs Zombies

Aetherlblade

Mar 1, 2010
craftomega said:
As the title says.

For me its Anno 2070, it looks good and interesting but i dont think its worth $50.
For you sir, i have my favorite game buy site :) it's awesome (no I'm not a bot, just happy :p) if a game is available on it, like saints row 3 and Anno, its almost always a lot cheaper, and yes its legal. i emailed steam about it once because i wanted to be sure, but it didnt matter so go there :D. Almost always saves up to 30% orso.

http://www.g2play.net/store/home.php
(or anno: http://www.g2play.net/store/Anno-2070-Retail-CD-Key.html)

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Plenty of games actually, most notably Call of Duty ones as I love the single player experience but could care less about multiplayer.

COD: MW2
COD: Black Ops
COD: MW3

FF XIII-2 - I'll buy this game eventually this year, but right now I can't justify the full price day one purchase.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Would pay up to $20)
Darksiders 2 (Would pay $15)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution ($10)
Prey 2 ($15)
Portal 2 ($10, if it ever gets there)
Alice: Madness Returns ($10)
Halo 3: ODST (Under $10)
Dead Space 2 ($10)
Dragon Age 2 ($10)

I'm cheap, but that's okay.
Edit: A few of these are old, but I'm just waiting for the price drop to go lower.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
DannyJBeckett said:
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3; largely because I'm a massive Ghost Rider fan, but I don't want to give Capcom a single penny.
You'll be happy to know he is quite the powerhouse in UMvC3. He can pretty much stand anywhere on the screen and control the fight easily with his chain attacks. Not to mention that Level 3 of his.

OT: My choice would probably be The Old Republic as well. It looks like a lot of fun and I am a fan of Bioware's work. That being said, I feel that I am pretty much done with subscription based MMO's, what with recently leaving WoW. Mainly I've been sticking to easier to play, and free MMO's, like Digimon Masters and Champions Online.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
Z of the Na said:
You'll be happy to know he is quite the powerhouse in UMvC3. He can pretty much stand anywhere on the screen and control the fight easily with his chain attacks. Not to mention that Level 3 of his.
Awesome! And rightly so, considering in the comics he's on par with the Hulk and Jean Grey in terms of power.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
If I don't want it enough to pay full price, then I wouldn't really say I "want it". I may be curious about it, and my feelings may change once the price drops.

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
Zelda Skyward Sword. I played some at a traveling Wii exhibition back in November 2011. After Ocarina, Windwaker and Twilight Princess, it was just not different enough to warrant a full price purchase.

megarik

Feb 2, 2011
It's Anno 2070 for me ,loved the demo but it is made by ubisof (of witch i have a very bad history, manly game quality and quantity) but the game play realy speaks to me but on the other side Ubisoft ruined silent hunter V, it's like their games are getting worse every second , I used to like them :(