Games You Want, But Will Never Come Out

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
A proper sequel to farcry. Farcry 2 had absolutely nothing to do with the first! Give me more jack carver ! Give me more lizard juice!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Metal Warriors 2
Star Wars: Wraith Squadron
Final Fantasy X-3, a prequel set in the time of the Bevelle-Zanarkand war
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin 2 (or a different subtitle but the same continuity)

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Rocket Dog said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Why not extend that to the first 3 Persona games as well? Though a FOURTH release of Persona 3 might be a bit much.
Of course, but I'm not sure how people will react to Hitler being in Persona 2.

Other than that, yea. I want SMT games on the current-gen consoles.
Atleast with Catherine they'll have an engine to do it on.
There were 3 Persona games released on the PS1. I always forget if it was Innocent Sin or Eternal Punishment that wasn't released in the US, so there's that one.

Paul said it best on Wednesday though. Oni 2. I think it would be great.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
The first game that came to mind...

Viewtiful Joe 3.

Time for some backstory, not about the game itself.

Ok, so Clover Studios, who made Viewtiful Joe, Okami and God Hand, was executed in 2007 by Capcom because it wasnt bringing in enough profits and it was liquidated into Capcom. The people who were formerly at Clover subsequently resigned and formed a new company called Platinum Games, notable for Mad World and Beyonetta. However Clovers IP's for VJ, Okami, and God Hand remained with Capcom so Platinum cannot finish the VJ trilogy.

This isnt helped by Platinum being enslaved to Sega until they release one more game later this year. Though the creators of VJ have expressed a desire to finish it off, they have alot of problems to sort out with Capcom first.

Second coming to mind is probably...

Star Wars Battlefront 3. I never want to see this game going by how Activisons been making games recently.

Others include...

Half-Life 2: Episode 3. I'll probably die of old age the day before Valve finally releases it.

X4. Egosoft announced they finished the 5 game trilogy, but i still feel they could have done more with it. Apart from melting my processor that is.

A sequel to the Jak and Daxter series. Rachet and Clank crushed Jak in the popularity contest and Naughty Dog just forgot about them. Im aware of a 3-way crossover between J&D, R&C and Sly Cooper in the works somewhere but i dont consider this a sequel.

MezzoDragon

Nov 21, 2008
Psychonauts 2, Voodoo Vince 2, and Paper Luigi (a game version of the story he told in Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door).

zega frega omega

Dec 5, 2010
A pokemon game that isn't formulaic: something other than a ten year old who departs from his little town in a rush against his rival to get to the pokemon league.

A good Final Fantasy game, since I'm convinced the passed 10 years have just been an elaborate fucking joke.

A Metal Gear Solid game in which I can play as a young Snake again. I don't even care if they recycle Metal Gear 1+2, just give us something.

I can't think of any more at the moment.

Edit: Half-Life 2: Episode 3

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Father Time said:
A remake of Twisted Metal 2.

It won't happen because Twisted Metal is getting it's first real console game in 10 years and the franchise isn't popular enough (IMO at least).

EDIT: I'd probably only want this done if it didn't cut into development time of other TMs.
Twisted Metal 2 is on PSN. Secondly, why would want a remake when a new is right on the corner?

jmd102993

Mar 6, 2009
I want a Fable game that returns to the Fable: The Lost Chapters formula instead of trying to mess with everything, i dont particularly mind the advances in appearance, BUT I DO MIND THE STUPID GAMEPLAY CHANGES AND SHITTY STORIES

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Duke Nukem Forever
A proper sequel to Morrowind. With today's A.D.D. generation, no one has the patience or motivation to make it anymore.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
A Duke Nukem game where they actually allow the player to see uncensored nude women. They made Leisure Suit Larry, they might as well go for the Full Nukem package, too.

Either that, or a Secret of Mana remake for the XBox/PS2&3/Wii. Both would be paradise.

RemytheNinja

Jan 16, 2011
Tamashikiri said:
A direct sequel to Chrono Trigger. Chrono Break's been in the game equivelent of development hell LONG ENOUGH!
Bryan Jue said:
Xlr8DETH said:
unfortunately i dont think a star wars battlefront 3 will ever be released or a proper Kotor 3
These two, and also a true successor to Seiken Densetsu 3. Legend of Mana was interesting but it was its own game. I never played Children of Mana or Dawn of Mana.. are those any good?

Also I'd like to see Jedi Knight 3, or in other words a followup to Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy.
What everyone else said and Shenmue 3 would be awesome.

northeast rower

Dec 14, 2010
Star Wars: Battlefront 3 will never come out at this point. Shame, considering this trailer:
Can you imagine that? Seamless ground-to-space combat? SO sweet.

Also:
Star Wars: Republic Commando 2
Condemned 3
Prey 2

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
Ildecia said:
Xlr8DETH said:
unfortunately i dont think a star wars battlefront 3 will ever be released or a proper Kotor 3
AngelicSven said:
A 'Jet Force Gemini' remake/squeal. I really did enjoy that game a lot...so underrated.
both of you voiced stuf i want, but most of all; i want a Mystical NInja, Starring Goemon remake.

Konami, srsly, if you made this game people would shit bricks.
Oh god sir, and I thought mine could not be topped, that is a friggin hard choice now. Mystical Ninja was fucking awesome!!! I'd love to see a remake or squeal.