Games you want to replay until you remember "that one part."

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
For Bioshock, it's everything after Andrew Ryan dies. The game just kind took a nosedive after that, and I think I may have only actually finished it two times. It's similar with Fallout 3, where I try to put off going through that stupid ending as much as possible, so I generally end up not finishing most of the playthroughs I start.

Then there's the section at the beginning of Half-Life 2 that has you slogging on foot through canals and sewers, which is really quite dull. The game picks up a great deal after it's all said and done, but it's boring and a bit hard to get past once you've done it before. It's why I usually just stick to the shorter-but-sweeter Episodes when I need my Half-Life fix.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
I'd like to experience the DLC of Dragon Age 2... except the whole game, repetitive environments, and massive health bars and respawning enemies is something that seriously makes me unable to enjoy it.

Mass Effect 1, I can take some of the planets but it's a great game, but sadly can't compete with the unexplored planets issue.

KoTOR, I'm never excited for the ending battles or the huge-run through the Star Forge, all the other parts are fine in my eyes though.

KoTOR II, I'm not really that happy about the Dxun area or some of the extended Tatooine sections, but the rest of the game is fine.

Dragon Age, since the Fade is skippable through a mod, I have to say I hate the Ostagar area.

Mass Effect 2, I really don't like the ending, and on harder difficulties it is ridiculously difficult until you get a few extra skills.

NWN 2, I don't like 15% of that game.

StarCraft 2, only really liked the cinematics.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Started up RDR for the first time in a while last night, things were good till the horserace with Bonnie, and then while approaching the wider of the two bridges, my horse senses the cliff but not the bridge, and veers away from the bridge and off the cliff, overriding my attempts to keep it going straight towards the bridge like I had been for the preceding few seconds. I fall into the canyon, to my death. Controller and headphones got tossed on the floor as if I'd just realized they were made of dog shit, and the game went back into hibernation.

Dear developers: If you're not at least as smart as a horse, don't give the horse AI.

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
Pokemon, until I remember the hours and hours you have to spend KOing rattatas to get you team up to snuff to fight the next gym leaders.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
That crystally rock-beast boss thing in DA2. It's such a crazy difficulty spike, I'm just not sure I can mathematically do it on hard or more. The stats just aren't there.

I sometimes dread the desert on Breath of Fire 3, but it's only because it's sort of tedious compared to everything else and actually pretty nerve-wracking when you first do it and you're wondering if that star you've been walking towards was the right one at all. Oh and then of course you have to do it a few times to get all the goodies.

Jdb

May 26, 2010
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword was very close to being my new best Zelda game, which A Link to the Past currently holds. However, my fun did a nosedive when it was time to find the final song. The whole quest line feels like long, boring filler. By itself, it isn't that bad when compared to Wind Waker's filler. Given it's mixed in with an otherwise nearly flawless game, however, it sticks out a lot more than Wind Waker's.

geekRAGE

Aug 23, 2010
girzwald said:
The haunted hotel in Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines
what the haunted house?! no way it has to be the stupid infernal nosferatu warrens, that place is sooooo GHEY! yes it doesnt even get the proper spelling.

ToAsTy McBuTTeR

May 27, 2009
no one else loves the deep roads and the fade? wow...

OT: i cannot seem to finish fallout: new vegas... i just cant figure out which side i want to side with... i get so far, do some new stuff i havent done yet... then i stop playing for months... then i make a new character... why does the ncr not want me to kill house? why does caesar have to be a such a bigot? and why are there never enough dead ncr rangers so i can repair the one duster i found? damn stuff...