Games You Wanted To Get But Couldn't Due To Exclusivity

MintSM

Aug 16, 2014
This is more of a future example, but if Silent Hills is staying as a console-only release, no PC availability, I'll be totally fucked. D:

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Resistance: Fall Of Man. The first more so than the sequels. The setting looks so incredibly neat, which makes the generic shooter look of it disappointing.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Infamous so freaking much. I had a ton of fun when I played a demo at a store, and it was a real pain in the ass when I couldn't play it on my xbox.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Pretty much now only Scalebound, which isn't even out yet. It's an Xbox One exclusive and looks to be a fantasy taking place in a more modern setting. Too bad that single title can't justify an entire console purchase. Sunset Overdrive looks like a blast as well.

Clearwaters

Jul 14, 2014
Tales of Vesperia. What makes it hurt even more is the fact that there is a PS3 version, but only in Japan.

I'll probably just buy a 360 some day to play through it.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
None. Besides if you did want to get something than you'd get it. By not getting it means you really never wanted it all that much to begin with.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Now it is Super Smash Bros WiiU & Bayonetta 2. Those are pretty much the only games that caught my attention in this generation that I don't want to or cannot play in a PC or in the PS consoles.

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Fable 2... so much. While I did own an original XBOX, I came to know the original Fable through PC port, and that PC Port did WELL, and it is still baffling to me why Fable 2 never saw a PC release!

small

Aug 5, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
None. Besides if you did want to get something than you'd get it. By not getting it means you really never wanted it all that much to begin with.
or you cant justify purchasing an entire console for just one single game.

For myself it's two games. Last of us and ZombiU

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I've really wanted to try out the Halo series but sadly it's Xbox exclusive and it's hardly worth buying a whole line of consoles just so I can play one game franchise.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
small said:

Than you didn't want it enough, and one game seriously? How limited.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Id really love to play Killer Instinct 2013, but sadly its Xbone exclusive :( its everything Im looking for in a fighting game, but im going to be getting a PS4 this gen

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
I think for me it's still just The Witcher 1&2, mostly because I have completely given up trying to pretend that I care about PC gaming, and have absolutely no desire to own a 360 when I have a PS3.

Well... there is the official US release of Dangan Ronpa, and Super Dangan Ronpa 2 come Fall, which is still exclusive to the Vita, but I've already read the fan-translated text LPs over a year ago, and I plan to buy a PSTV when they come out, so that won't be an issue for much longer.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
None for me, I'm patient when it comes to biding my time in saving up and buying said console, i don't like gating myself off and swearing myself never to get one because that to me just feels pointless because it means I'd never have an interest with the damn game to begin with, I can agree with Rozalia on this.

I don't have any next gen systems at this current time but I'm not swearing them off, they just aren't top priority for me right now but I will buy them all slowly over time.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I did want to try out all that neat N64 stuff back in the day, but I was fine with my Playstation. Genesis era had me hooked on Sonic, so the SNES was just some neat thing I checked out with passing interest at a friend's house. Later, as a GC and PS2 owner last gen, I was able to buy a Wii in anticipation for Metroid Prime 3's release. (Then it collected dust when MP3, a GC disc, or some extremely rare Wii title I wanted to check out was running in it.) Last Gen, I finally got everything and realized that except for the one or two exclusives on each console I'm buying big bricks that takes up space. (This time I'm waiting even longer than last gen for console prices to drop as my PC can still run new stuff.)

This gen the only game (out now or in a few months, that won't play on my PC) I particularly want out of the 3 consoles is Pikmin 3. And I still don't want to drop 3 Bens on a system that might end up being a dust collector for me until the next Zelda, *crosses finger* Metroid, or F-Zero comes out. (Actually I'd bet money, thanks to Metroid Prime Trilogy, that my PS3 bought a year after my Wii sat unused more than the Wii.)

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Really, almost zero. I am a big gamer but I am also a very cheap (therefore patient) gamer. If there is a game that I really really really want to play and I don't own the required system, I have no problem waiting it out. Generally, I eventually get every system out there, even if I'm waiting years after it has been released.

For example, I bought my 360 about three years into the life of the system. However, I'd always been a Sony gamer before and so there were games on the PS3 that I wanted (like Metal Gear) that I couldn't get elsewhere. I did eventually get my PS3 six or so years after the system was released.

Really the only game I can think of off-hand that I want but probably won't ever play is "Valkyria Chronicles II", which was released for the PSP. However, iffy reviews on it combined with myself not really needing a handheld means I'm very likely never going to play it. If it was supposed to be as good as Valyria Chronciles(my favorite tactical RPG I've played this generation), I'd bite the bullet and find a PSP...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Rozalia1 said:
small said:

Than you didn't want it enough, and one game seriously? How limited.
Since when does not being able to afford a second console mean not wanting it enough?

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Pretty much the majority of consoles exclusives I would pay and play if they were ported to PC.

I can't get them on PC fine, because I won't buy a console to play a game is being kept hostage by it's respective monopoly (Sony/MS).

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Anything I've wanted for the PS3 that I'll EITHER wait 'til it's re-released on the PS4 network or I'll win the lottery one day and buy both the PS3 and 4 (and probably an N64 for nostalgia's sake), namely for games like Last of Us, Heavy Rain and the Uncharted series.

WHILE I'M AT IT I'd love an N64 because my childhood was full of those games and despite Banjo Kazooie being one of my favourite games of all time, I've never owned an N64. Granted, it's for the 360 now BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME