games you WISH they made sequels to

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Blast Corps - There is no other game exactly like it, and blowing up buildings and stuff using mechas is scheduled to be back in vogue this summer (see: Iron Man).

Breath of Fire - Back to basics- no more Dragon Quarter 'survival RPG' style stuff. It was an experiment that didn't quite work out as planned.

God of War - Just beat the 2nd one on God Mode recently and it's sweet. Not counting the PSP Prequel.

Metal Warriors - Another great underappreciated game for blowing stuff up. Six different assault suits each with their own different weapons systems, shields and weaknesses, but a sequel could double or triple that number even if it was in full 3D.

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
Golden Sun and Baten Kaitos Origins

Now if you will excuse me.

*Goes off and makes his hourly prayer*

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Dungeon Keeper 3 is a sequal Ive always wanted to see for the great strategy game that was DK 2. They had a trailer for it and everything included with DK 2, but I guess they either filed for bankruptcy or they didnt feel like making DK 3, which I would have gotten the day it came out for the most part. Awesome strategy game with some interesting concepts.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
the monopoly guy said:
highly underrated Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.
Yeah, it's criminal that bugger all people bought that game. 4 player on the gamecube was just bliss.

Even though they did make 2, I'd like to see another Discworld adventure game. It's been such a long time since I've played a game with good writing. Psychonauts probably being the only one.

Prime time for Rollcage 3 also.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
imPacT31 said:
Hogs of War - although it is apparently in production

Black - most fun I've had with an FPS, however I find it absolutely unplayable after COD4 and Resistance; this isn't helped by the fact that the game glitches horribly, causing you to randomly teleport inside objects, when played on PS3.
I agree with you there- though I must say I stil enjoy BLACK despite my COD4 experience (play it on the old PS2, much better).

Mechcommander 3! Such an excellent series that seems to have died. And a 'proper' sequel to Sudden Strike 1 and 2, without resource gathering or any crap like that.

Not an actual sequel, but I wish they'd re-release Legend of Dragoon.

SurferRosa

May 11, 2008
darthsmily said:
Baldur's Gate 3 needs to be made deffinently!
How exactly would this work, seeing that the story is finished beyond resurrection?

I'd quite like a sequel to Operation Flashpoint that isn't a bugged, demanding mess.

Leonhardt93

Jan 30, 2008
Terramax said:
the monopoly guy said:
highly underrated Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.
Yeah, it's criminal that bugger all people bought that game. 4 player on the gamecube was just bliss.

Even though they did make 2, I'd like to see another Discworld adventure game. It's been such a long time since I've played a game with good writing. Psychonauts probably being the only one.

Prime time for Rollcage 3 also.
Have you tried Discworld Noir? If not, buy it! It's not linked to the other games, and it has a whole different story (a more serious one), but it is excellent, IMO.

Paradora

Apr 22, 2008
Shadow of the Colossus, though I don't know how you'd make a sequel to that (I just want more colossus).

Legend of Dragoon would make the greatest sequel ever.

fyrh56

Apr 2, 2008
Theme Hospital 2. Then again, Bullfrog bit the dust a long time ago. Thanks, Peter Molyneux and EA.

Maidenite

May 11, 2008
Diablo 3

Or at least i want them to say that they'll never make it, as the suspense is killing me!

The Mono One

May 11, 2008
reap579 said:
Golden Sun and Baten Kaitos Origins

Now if you will excuse me.

*Goes off and makes his hourly prayer*
I would kill to have a third Golden Sun game. Camelot has noted that it wishes to make it and they still have an unnamed RPG for the Wii. Hmm...

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
SurferRosa said:
darthsmily said:
Baldur's Gate 3 needs to be made deffinently!
How exactly would this work, seeing that the story is finished beyond resurrection?
Humm, not too hard I'd imagine. Granted the PC character has left that plane of existence, but the setting itself is still viable no? They could really expand everything, make it huge. On the other hand, I'm not too sure on the modern engines, neither the Aurora or Odyssey engines are what I'd call pretty, added to which the Aurora engine is out of date now I think. Plus, there's little chance they'd go back to the old Infinity engine either, though I found that the most aesthetically pleasing of them all.

Maybe BG3 could be where we really do get that war with Amn, or maybe even we could go to some part of Faerûn we've not been to yet, maybe you could have your PC start off in Kara-Tur or something and have to go on another epic quest to Baldur's Gate! A thought.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Trilby: Art of Theft
Garry's Mod v11
Valve could make a very interesting game surrounding the angst between Red & Blu: make a Co-operative storyline based TF2 game.

theprinceofcamden

May 11, 2008
I've been waiting for KotOR 3 for years now.... Not sure if Lucas arts are ever going to make it, despite the fact that they made millions with the first two... What's wrong with these dam developers!?

TheThanatos

May 8, 2008
Cowtippers said:
The whole metaltech series beginning with EarthSiege and moving forward. Seriously! Those games defined my childhood!
Thats what started my love affair with giant robots. A good mech warrior game would be nice as well.
Id like to see a modern remake of syndicate, and as Uncle Comrade said plane scape, or at least an rpg with that amount of dialogue and choices in it would be great.
OHHHH and some new adventure game's I want more day of the tentacle!

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
Owensir said:
With the way Okami ended it just needs a sequel. A shame that Clover got shanked.
I fully agree. Though ... the ending in general confused the hell out of me. I guess I just wasn't expecting a spaceship. XD; I should've seen it coming with what happened to Kaguya. XD;

SickImperium

May 11, 2008
theprinceofcamden said:
I've been waiting for KotOR 3 for years now.... Not sure if Lucas arts are ever going to make it, despite the fact that they made millions with the first two... What's wrong with these dam developers!?
it was Bioware who developed the KotOR games and they're busy with the Mass Effect series, and besides, seeing as how Bioware has now been acquired by EA, they definately wouldn't do a sequel. I guess it would be up to someone else but I wouldn't hold your breath. It's a damn shame really, they are such great games.