Games you wish you HADN'T bought...

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I was looking through my games yesterday and there were a couple I really wish I hadn't spent the cash on.

1) Assassin's Creed (so boring after the first couple of stages)
2) NCAA 2K8 (too damn hard to play or do anything cool in anymore. Combos in basketball? WTH?!?!)
3) LEGO Star Wars Saga (it was a good game, but no replay value for me, should have rented it)

Anyone else?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Blue Dragon - it was sort of fun, when it wasn't playing like a kids movie (i.e. 95% of the time)

Drong

Oct 31, 2007
Motorstorm, ok i got it free with my PS3 but even getting it free's a waste, it's just not enough of a game, it doesn't even have any split screen.

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
Pacific Strike.

Not old enough to remember it? Well then, you're lucky for two reasons.

akatsukix

Dec 10, 2007
SSBB- I agree with Yahtzee on this one. Not as good as people made it out to be.
Assassin's Creed- So overrated.
Blue Dragon- I rented and could not finish. Debating about Lost Odyssey because I hated BD so much.

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
sim city societies i got it a week before yahtzee's review it was a waste of money

man-man

Jan 21, 2008
Shadow the Hedgehog... that was a very poorly informed choice (read: didn't know a damned thing about it when I bought it) and it turned out to be a right turd.

Also the first 2 Jak & Daxter games, I remembered them being kinda cool from seeing a friend's copy ages ago, saw them cheap and got them, then they turned out to not be that good. Inability to move faster than a turtle on crutches eventually bored me out.

Have now learned the lesson - wherever possible, play games for at least a little while before buying them. Hence some much better buys in recent times like the Orange Box and Psychonauts.

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
totally agree with both zacaron and commandercool, bought both of those and they sucked some large donkey balls, pity about age of empires 3 i loved the first one.

asiepshtain

Apr 28, 2008
This is going to show my age, and is a real bad memory for my for first post in The Escapist.
The worst game I ever bought was E.T. for the atari.

corronchilejano

Nov 14, 2007
Driver 2: What was wrong with Frisco? What happened to our crazy psychotic cops? Why do they have Nuclear Powered Engines?
Driv3r: The victory of hope over experience.
Mario Party 7 - Ugh, oh my god, my brain is bleeding.
Red Steel - I crossed my fingers, I really, honestly did.

Games I've helped pay for friends and regret:
Halo 3: A VERY steep price for small replay value. Don't get me wrong, the game is good, but I could've waited for the market price to go down.
Sonic the Hedghog: Ok, I have this problem. When a really big embarrasing situation is happening, I have this tick that I have to look away, or try to not hear ANYTHING about it at all. I almost got a nervous breakdown with this game, and I consider myself furry-tolerant.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
Dropship, united peace force: A game with a flying and ground sections. All of which were unanimously shite.
Warrior Kings: Urrrgh.
Empire Earth: Same as above

Watershed

Dec 10, 2007
Matrix: Path of Neo. Awful awful broken mess of a game. I paid £4 for it, and that was far too much.

Shadow the Hedgehog: Sonic characters with guns... there are no words.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
*sigh* I guess I'll have to say Rock Band.
I loved it at first, but then I beat the drum and guitar careers at the highest difficulties I can manage. Now the stuff's just sitting there. I recently tried to start the higher difficulty levels but sadly I seem to lack the patience for it.
I guess the game really shines when you're playing with friends, but I barely ever have anybody over. Hopefully it'll be better when I get XBox Live hooked up and I can play on there and download new songs.

And I may have some disappointments-in-the-making. I currently have no fewer than 4 games on pre-order at Gamestop:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Fallout 3
Brutal Legend
Borderlands

All of those look amazing, BUT until they actually come out, you never know...

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Samurai Warriors 2.

I'm a Dynasty Warriors fanatic, but for Christ's sake: The voice acting was terrible, the graphics were awful, the levels were copy and pastes from DW and the whole game generally sucked.

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
Warriors of the Lost Empire for the PSP. I knew it was going to be dismal but I had to by it anyway.

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
Need for Speed Carbon.

Just more cliched, groan inducing street racer crap with cheesy dialogue. I knew all about that, of course, to tell you the truth I just wanted some different scenery in which to film police chases, but it turns out Carbon somehow managed to take the magic out of them too, and the chases are never even half as epic as they were in Most Wanted...

assassin18

Apr 28, 2008
NARC from midway. It was a budget price game that I though had potential. A game where you play as a cop who can either use the drugs as power ups or return them to the police station. Use enough drugs and go into withdrawal and be busted down from undercover to beat cop. All good IN THEORY. Game was broken, GTA wannabe with horrible graphics and even worst game play. I would trade it in, but it serves as a reminder to always read reviews before buying games.