Games you wish you HADN'T bought...

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Devil May Cry 3... I still haven't gotten past the second level...
Also, Super Mario Kart DS, easily the worst in the series, especially since the Wi-Fi on the DS is not mobile gamer friendly.

mitsoxfan

Feb 12, 2008
Every Madden since, and including, Madden 2006.

Animal Crossing for the GC, because my wife won't stop playing it.

Tie Fighter Collector's Edition - Because I keep dreaming Lucas Arts will remake it, and they don't.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
It is VERY rare I buy a game so bad I regret the purchase... Master of Orion 3 was that bad, Hellgate London, Company of Heroes too... Haven't regretted any others since Diablo: Hellfire
Masters of Orion 3....god, that was so awful! And I worked myself into alot of hype for it that just wasn't anything ever worth the product.
Company of Heroes I liked, personally, but each to his own...
I forgot about commandos 3 - it wasn't even worth the £1 (roughly $2) I paid for it.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
asiepshtain said:
This is going to show my age, and is a real bad memory for my for first post in The Escapist.
The worst game I ever bought was E.T. for the atari.
Good god, yeah, just plain awful. It's bad when Atari had to bury their own game to try and erase its existence.

Knell_Sennet said:
Master of Orion 3 was that bad
I'm with ya there bro. I loved the first 2 and the 3rd was some economics and tactical junkies wet dream. It wasn't even remotely fun to play.

Sefret

Mar 6, 2008
Far Cry. A good game I guess but, theres some kind of texture glitch or something... cause on normal settings and up everything is all white, and my PC ran Crysis just fine so I dunno why it happens to Far Cry...

bobraj

Feb 7, 2008
The worst game I ever bought would have to be Rise Of The Robots on the Megadrive. This was when I first learnt that the review score a game gets in a magazine does not necessarily tally with its quality. I can only put this down to the naivety of youth.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
shadow skill said:
Gears of War.
What that was a great game could you at least justify it?
Mine wil be Lost Planet: It was just too slow and just couldnt find the fun in it, Whenever you got in a v.s the game got stupidly easy. Also the thermal energy just annyed me. The fact you had to keep killing to keep going really annoyed me.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Bioshock: Great game, but paying full retail price only to find I had 1/2 an hour of the game left to play from when I rented it filled me with rage & I havent bought a console game since.

GTA: I loved GTA II, I got GTA, & thought it was just ugly, clunky & dull by comparison

Boiling Point: Road to Hell: The only enjoyable part of this game is a conversation with a science student in a bar about an outlandish scientific theory

Europa Universalis III: Didnt work for ages, then when finally got access to a machine it worked on it sucked

Stronghold II: Proof that graphics can kill a game (some fun game modes though)

Neocron2: I thought a MMO FPS sounded kewl. By the time I finally was able to play it, it was an ugly, empty world I found

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
nilcypher said:
No More Heroes, I don't think that I've hated a game so much on a long time.
Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it...I intend to get it, and I want to hear your opinion of it.

greygelgoog

Dec 29, 2007
bobraj said:
The worst game I ever bought would have to be Rise Of The Robots on the Megadrive. This was when I first learnt that the review score a game gets in a magazine does not necessarily tally with its quality. I can only put this down to the naivety of youth.
You saw a magazine that gave that a good score?

Muffin Man

Apr 28, 2008
Elder Scrolls Oblivion- a complete waste of $50. Didn't work on my computer, so it was useless, and i couldnt return it to gamestop. Then I bought it for ps3, played it for an hour or so, and havent played it since. Wasted $100.

There arent many other games I regret getting, mostly because I always check review scores from a variety of sources, just so I know if i will like a game or not.

Dosed

Mar 26, 2008
Far Cry Predator Instincts - Try it and you'll see why it failed.. actually on second thought, don't.

Assasins Creed - Overrated piece of crap, repetitive shite.

Skate - Once the gimmicks gone it's boring.

And a few more too...