Games You'd Like To Be Made?

Korica

Mar 3, 2012
An RTS hybrid that combines some people playing top-down as the commander while others play as the troops.

"You mean like Natural Selection 2? It already exists, idiot!"

No, not like Natural Selection 2. I tried NS2 and did not care for it. I don't think first-person perspective works well for that sort of thing.
I mean something more along the lines of Smite, Dynasty Warriors or Kingdom Under Fire. The only game that really came close so far was Savage, which I suppose was a bit like NS2 but the troops could play in third-person instead of first-person, which worked better in my opinion.

KillaBC

Feb 18, 2013
Give me a Colony Wars game set in the same time period as the first one with the same style of Battlestations pacific. Along with a Galactic conquest mode and i'll be set for life. Or just a space game in general with massive space battles, that'll do me fine.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I've always wanted to see a fps game from the viewpoint of a refugee trying to flee a conflict. It certainly would be an interesting perspective if it could be done right. Although how it could be done right is another matter entirely.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Something like Star Wars: Battlefront II but set in the WH40K universe. It's pretty impossible considering the scale that I'd want it in (I want the kind of vast battles alluded to in the fluff), and I'd want to be able to play as all the different races (rather than focus on fucking Space Marines all the fucking time) with all the units, vehicles, titans and spaceships. A fella can dream though, right?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
More games in the Old World of Darkness setting. Vampire civilization alone in that setting has stretched from pre-Christ to the modern day, clans have allied with all number of different organizations including the Carthaginians, the Romans, the Vatican, the Muslims, literally more than 3000 years worth of civilizations to base the game in.

Twitchy Wyche

He has a wife, y'know...
Jan 30, 2013
There's a bunch, since I think about this sorta thing every day (who on this site doesn't), but the one that I always come back to is a Warhammer Fantasy or 40K game in the style of Dynasty Warriors: Empires, maybe with a little bit heavier emphasis on stats and/or equipment.

Gauntlets28

Aug 2, 2013
Ooo! I've got loads!
1. Fantasy Bordello Tycoon. Sorta like a business sim based around something like the Darkwood Bordello from Fable.
2.An alternate reality Napoleonic War shooter, with slightly more advanced technology, like airships etc.
3.A cyberpunk open world rpg set in the Los Angeles from Blade Runner.
Howzat?

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
The game I'd love to be made would just take too much time, effort and space to be practical I think.

A cooperative open world role playing game where your starting choice of character creates a different game. A Rouge plays like more like Dishonoured where you can scale buildings etc but direct confrontation is hard. Warriors are closer to skyrim/assassins creed combat wherein you can take on multiple foes and string together some lovely combos and generally look like a total badass. Lastly mages just get to do really cool spells that can also effect the environment, like say they could put up a wall of ice to stop the enemies but the rogue can scale, or set fire to a wooden house say.

Also, I would demand it's set in a arid/desert environment because I'm sick of every open world RPP looking the same and having the same enemies. Force them to be more creative than just bloody orks/goblins/trolls. I'd also like to think it would have interesting mechanics like water being a valuable resource in the more desert areas that you could go out and find/battle to gain control of to make money/be loved but was less vital in other areas.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
Zhukov said:
I've said this before, but I'm happy to say it again:

A games with XCOM: Enemy Unknown's combat (with some tweaks) set in the Mass Effect universe. WIth characters instead of interchangeable squaddies.
I was just about to say that! There should be heaps more games with XCOM's combat system in my opinion; Mass Effect as well as Dragon Age and maybe things like Fallout. They're all sort of semi-tactical games that would be awesome with the fully-tactical XCOM style.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
OpticalJunction said:
Mass effect 4 with commander Shepard. It'll never happen, I know, but it would be awesome if it did.
I'd much rather play as another race... I'd actually really like it to be more like Dragon Age: Origins, with heaps of different backgrounds to pick from. And I wouldn't even mind if we had a silent protagonist, maybe then they could let us see all the things we would say when it comes to dialogue.
Also I think the morality system needs modifying. ME3's was good, because you didn't have to be full paragon to charm people.

It would also be good to have it with XCOM combat, as I said in the above post.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Realistically, I want a game based on the more classic ideas around Catwoman. The Comicbook version.

I want to roam a large city, Gotham, obviously, break into buildings and bypass security (randomly generated instanced heists, maybe?) and have many many many buildings to explore.

Maybe get into teamups with Gotham's Villains, especially Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy to suppliment heists, ever wary of betrayals and mindful of the possibilities of betraying them first.
A small, interesting plot could be woven into each team-up. Maybe a spin off of Gotham City Sirens could accompany the game plot?
Of course one could deal with Catwoman's foes, though she has few all her own AFAIK.

Maybe have Isis as a companion to help bypass some security measures.

Some crib customization would be nice. Obviously costume options. Catwoman had many looks over the ages.

And of course, You'd be on the run from the cops, and/or Batman now and then. Maybe to cut the villainous streak, you could occassionally help Batman out. Lets not forget the love interest factor.

Maybe there could be a character select where you are Poison Ivy, or Harley Quinn on a heist. You could be Harley on a heist with Joker now and then, maybe.

I'd like the focus to be more on Catwoman, and the catwoman experience, but she can share the stage.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Just thought of this now, but I'd like to see something like if Anarchy Reigns and Mugen fighter had a weird bastard child. Just get fucking everyone you can think of to do some 3D brawling. Go crazy. Dante, Cloud, Snake, Simon Belmont, Swagtagonist, Wrex, The Chosen Undead, Frank West, Guts, Pudge, Bayonetta, Oghren, Goku, The Kid, Ennis, Spike Spiegel, Commander Video, Batman, Leon, Labrys Sonic, Ryu, Meat Boy. Fuck it. Whoever. Just get all these guys and gals, put them in a big 3D environment or a little one for 1v1 fighter and wreck shit.

Sadly it'll never happen.

aNjeo

Aug 3, 2013
I'd rly like to see another Legacy of Kain game as Defiance didnt rly ended series, might seem it did but it can develop new stories from that point and be kick ass action/adventure game.

Also another game of Oni, but developed by Bungie not ubisoft (my personal various reasons). I'd play that even if im in my thirties by that time :D

Good old days

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
It's awesome how many times I said - "yeah, I would love to see that", while I was reading these few pages.

Anyway, I'd like to see The Wheel of Time game. I think there was one back in the days, but I haven't played it.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Sega vs. Capcom.

I want to see a battle between ultimate life forms Shadow and Akuma, a villainous team up of M. Bison, Wesker, Dr. Robotnik and Dr. Wily. Dante and Bayonetta, slaughtering demons and angels while exchanging snarky remarks (if they aren't fighting each other). The heroes, Axel, Ryu, Sonic and Mega Man getting everybody together to defeat the larger threat of the aforementioned villainous team up.

With the comic that came out recently, Mega Man vs. Sonic, it shouldn't be TOO unlikely... but I'll just have to daydream about it for now.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
(Continued)

I'm not a big fan of remakes, but looking back there are two popular JRPGs that could use it due to having tons of material cut out in their initial releases.

Xenogears is a cult favourite for many people, yet due to time constraints its entire 2nd Disc is mainly a clip show interspersed with bosses before the final dungeons, skipping out on several characters who were supposed to receive the upgraded Omnigears. A graphical upgrade coupled with a proper disc 2 would be great.

Secret of Mana didn't suffer from this quite as much, but it did have 4 of its 8 Elemental Palaces cut down to single-room affairs without enemies or much in the way of plot, as well as missing several other scenes and dungeons due to originally being designed for a CD add-on to the SNES that was later scrapped. I would like to have that coupled with cleaned-up hit detection and a rebalancing of magic so it's not quite as broken.