Games you'd like to see ported to the PC

Arcobalen

Aug 17, 2011
What games would you like to see ported to the PC?

Personally, I'd love to have Final Fantasy IX on PC without PS1 emulation.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Any recent Arc System Works fighting game. Except actually a good port unlike their previous endeavors, please. Not having a PS3 to access all the time makes actually playing Chronophantasma difficult. And I need to have one for Guilty Gear Xrd, but I wish I could just forego the extra cost and have it on PC.

I guess for now it's just an impossible dream.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
They're getting there with the FF games. 7, 8 and 3 (At least it's 3 in the UK, not sure what that is elsewhere) are currently up on the Steam store. I bet 9 won't be too far behind it.

As for me, Hogs Of War.
Such a fun game.

Liquidprid3

Jan 24, 2014
Mods for Red Dead Redemption. Also the Online shut down, so imagine it. I can be Steve from Minecraft riding the skeleton horse from Skyrim. All of my yes. If they update the graphics and make the game like $20.00 then he'll yeah I'll buy it again.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
JOURNEY. Holy fucking God. ONE GAME is causing me to consider buying a used PS3. A couple of hundred dollars, all for ONE. GAME.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Final Fantasy X is the big one for me. Would also like to see a Katamari game, Tokyo Jungle, and Bladestorm on PC. I wouldn't exactly be opposed to Rock Band coming to PC, but it seems hardly worthwhile now that Rocksmith exists.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
the MGS HD Collection, Persona 4, Final Fantasy Tactics and i wouldnt mind replaying Okami on PC

id also say Shadow of the Colossus but that one certainly would be impossible

Apr 5, 2008
Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen. With a toolset.

Man I'd pay for that so fast Steam would be like WTF? Shame about Capcom tho and their hatred of money. Most companies like money and arguably exist for the sole purpose of making it. Capcom on the other hand clearly have a dislike of money and thus do everything in their power to either lose money or not earn any.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Lilani said:
JOURNEY. Holy fucking God. ONE GAME is causing me to consider buying a used PS3. A couple of hundred dollars, all for ONE. GAME.
This, Final Fantasy Tactics (any of them other than Advanced, that game can just fuck off) and Scott Pilgrim Vs the World the Game. Also the Fire Emblem games...seriously I love strategy games like that and there's not as many on the PC as you'd expect, shame really.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Sassafrass said:
As for me, Hogs Of War.
Such a fun game.
While it's not on steam or anything, that does exist on PC. Bit of a chew on to get running on modern systems if memory serves however.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atari-Hogs-Of-War/dp/B00004YNTG/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1401569802&sr=1-4&keywords=hogs+of+war

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
The MGS collection, the Devil May Cry collection, Journey, Red Dead Redemption and GTA V.

Oh, and Persona 5, I really liked 4.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Red Dead Redemption, GTA 5 (hur hur FU R*).

Anyway..I would really like to see all the Platinum games ported to PC. We already got Revengeance, but I would kill to get Bayonetta and Vanquish.

Other than that..pretty much all the JRPG's that are Sony exclusive I would love to play on my PC (Demons Souls, Final Fantasies, Persona etc).

These are nothing but dreams from a hopeful PC gamer.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
A bunch of old FPS games.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, still the best of the console Battlefield (yes better than Bad Company 2) even if the Laser Designated JDAM was the single most OP weapon in the history of shooters. Best campaign of any Battlefield game too, the sub pen mission was immense.

Halo: ODST and Reach, no brainer really.

I'd really love a Metroid Prime collection too, that would be just the most glorious thing even if I do still have Prime, Echoes and a Gamecube in my house.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Red Dead Redemption. I still don't understand why it's the one Rockstar game that hasn't been ported yet.

And for an older game: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.Seriously, why hasn't this been ported yet?

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Akichi Daikashima said:
The Devil May Cry collection
3 and 4 plus the reboot are on steam and probably most other digital stores. Just plug in a controller and you're good to go! Or keyboard it up, whatever floats your boat. The original isn't there though which is too bad but it's pretty dated anyway and you're not missing aaaanything by skipping nr. two.

OT: having gone over the full list of console exclusives (thanks wikipedia), yeah it's pretty much just journey. Also final fantasy 15 if it turns out any good and the most recent pokemon games if that counts. Though that last one is only because I haven't played a pokemon game since silver and thought it might be fun to just go in blind and catch whatever looks awesome.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign (no PC release as of yet, but might change)
the rest of BlazBlue
inFAMOUS
Bayonetta 1
Vanquish
No More Heroes 1 & 2
FF4 5 and 6, all redone like FF4 was for the DS.
Sieken, mother fucking, densetsu 3, though in all honesty I wanna see Square just do something with it ...

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
oh yeah, vaquish too, id love to play that, i think platinum and sega are missing out here, revengeance seems to have sold well on PC, platinum games can here on this platform

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Since I have both a console AND a gaming PC, these two are more games I think would benefit from the port as opposed to what I want to see.

Tokyo Jungle seems like one of those games that Steam would love. It's a quirky little survival game where you can play as a Pomeranian dressed up as a skirt where you can chomp bunnies. Mods support could also help bring new animals, outfits, and campaigns to the game's library.

And then of course Journey. I know it was exclusive because of a deal with Sony, but being a late-gen PS3 game only seems like it'll hurt it in the long run. Being on PC will allow it's multiplayer (ie one of the most interesting bits in the game) to have a longer lifespan with potentially a larger pool of players. 5 years later, how many people will be on PS3 using the multiplayer? Hell, how many are there now? I know there are Sixaxis controls on it, but really, no one would care if it's patched out. Flower needs them more than Journey.