Games you'd like to see ported to the PC

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Every Final Fantasy that isn't already on the PC, I'd love to play through updated versions of the earlier games that are PC friendly. I already have FF Origins and FF Anthology but I can't be arsed to dig through boxes in my Mum's attic to try and find them and a Playstation to play them on. Plus an HD remake of IX would be much appreciated.

I'd probably play through some of the later Pokémon games too, Blue and Red haven't aged too well and I didn't play any of them between Silver and Black. But since Nintendo would rather slaughter every first born child than see Pokémon on anything other than a Nintendo machine I doubt that will ever happen legally.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Gee I don't know, that one game I've been bitching about not being on PC since Rockstar cancelled it?

Apart from Red Dead Redemption, and maybe a modern remake of Revolver, I'd most like to play Saints Row 2 on PC, such a shame that game never got a PC port. IT NEVER GOT A PORT YOU HEAR ME! DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
A bunch of old FPS games.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, still the best of the console Battlefield (yes better than Bad Company 2) even if the Laser Designated JDAM was the single most OP weapon in the history of shooters. Best campaign of any Battlefield game too, the sub pen mission was immense.
Battlefield 2 got a PC release, infact I'm pretty sure PC was lead platform, I specifically remember having to upgrade my ram and graphics card to play it.

I'd quite like to see Fable 2 ship to PC with mod tools. Think of the possibilites.

I'd also like to see more of the Ace Combat series come over too and Vanquish, with a keyboard and mouse would be sublime.

Sep 14, 2009
ohhhh boy, I'm surprised no debbie downers have come in getting all pissed about this hypothetical thread.

so I'll drop a "in b4 whiners complain and call this a pc elitist thread"

OT:

I wouldn't mind more jrpg's getting dropped on the pc, especially ones that are a bit mod friendly, I love how tight and filled most jrpg's storylines are, but mods could definitely help fill in the cracks/details for side missions, character customization, etc... (ff15 and kingdom hearts come to mind)

Pikey Mikey

Aug 24, 2010
Metal Gear Solid (at least 1 and 3) and
Monster Hunter!.. Please! (loved the first game but after 2 (which I didn't know was out 'til 3 was on the way) the release platform just started rouletting (PS2, no wait, PSP, no, Wii, no wait again, Wii U/3 DS) and I'm not gonna buy a console just for one game)

marcooos

Shit Be Serial Cray
Nov 18, 2009
Dragon's Dogma as i'd actually play it for longer than 5 minutes if I can have a real framerate.
Red Dead Redemption,
Halo 3, ODST, Reach and 4,
The Resistance Trilogy as the 3rd game is clearly designed for PC,
Demon's Souls as it runs like shit in PS3
And lastly Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 (not the sigma versions which were both easier and worse)

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Pikey Mikey said:
Metal Gear Solid (at least 1 and 3) and
Monster Hunter!.. Please! (loved the first game but after 2 (which I didn't know was out 'til 3 was on the way) the release platform just started rouletting (PS2, no wait, PSP, no, Wii, no wait again, Wii U/3 DS) and I'm not gonna buy a console just for one game)
MGS 1 did get a PC version.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Halo series, its the one series that makes me even consider getting an Xbox One
Red Dead Redemption
The Last of Us
Uncharted series
Journey

Also: A Destiny port would be nice too. Even though I don't think it looks like much, I like Bungie, and I would like to play it myself as opposed to looking at it through YouTube.

I have said it before, and i'll say it again. I hate exclusivity, but I understand why it exists. It just irritates me.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Chock some more up for Dragon's Dogman, RDR, and GTA V as the latter's anti-roll-bar physics bias is an absolute deal breaker for me. Gotta have someone mod it out.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
Red Dead Redemption and GTA V. I love both of these games, primarily for multiplayer. I have insanely fond memories of playing both of these games (especially RDR) but I really don't want to be buying XBL Gold when all the people who I played them with (and myself) have made the jump up to PC. I would honestly even pay full £40 price for them. That's how much of a laugh we have with these games.

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
Let's see here...

1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Yeah Konami wants to reboot this series, but putting this on Steam (or on GOG/Humble Bundle to get it DRM free) SHOULD earn them more money than what their reboot is (probably) earning them. Hell, charge $10 bucks for the game, another $10 for the soundtrack and it would be worth it.

2. Shadowrun (SNES) - I really like "Shadowrun Returns" on Steam. It's great to come back to the dark alleys of Seattle so I can hurl Fireballs at cybernetically augmented gangsters. But THIS Shadowrun game was my first introduction to being a runner, and I would love to play this again. It almost feels like it would work well with a mouse too, considering a lot of its interface relies on mouse-precision.

3. Shadowrun (Sega Genesis) - I got into this beyond the lifespan of the Sega Genesis, but heard some good stuff about this game. I had a lot of fun with the Matrix portion of this game, and I still think it is the best interpretation of the "Matrix" of the three Shadowrun games.

NOTE: Make a bundle of both Shadowrun games for the PC and you'd have my money quicker than the Millenium Falcon jumping to light speed.

4. Any "Mana" game - Specifically: "Secret of Mana", "Seiken Densetsu 3", and "Legend of Mana". "Secret of Mana" was a game I played to death in my youth and I could see myself getting back into. "Seiken Densetsu 3" is something I only played a bit and read about, but the idea of picking your party members and having to alter your linear-JRPG route to collect those characters intrigues me. But the real prize for me here would be "Legend of Mana". Custom world? Multiple side quests with epic boss fights? Fantastic soundtrack? Excellent replay-value? That game NEEDS to be on the PC.

5. Secret of Evermore - Over the years, I kind of respect this one more over "Secret of Mana". They are both great games, but I kind of like the setting and story this one more. I'll agree that the depth of weapons and especially the broken spell system doesn't make this game better than "Secret of Mana". However, in this game you get a mecha-dog with a toaster body that fires lasers from its eyes. LASERS! And you get a Bazooka.

6. Demon's Crest - It's a pretty awesome platformer game from the SNES era, probably considered a "metroidvania" game by today's definition. It doesn't have one huge world, but there is a lot of backtracking through previous levels to find new items that couldn't be acquired before hand. Plus you get to play as a Demon that can fly as long as you want in the air. Personally I would love to see Capcom do another sequel to this series, but just playing this game again would be great.

7. Mega Man X Collection - I still think X4 is the best one in this series, but the first three games on the SNES were really good. I fell out of the series after X5, probably because they nerfed Zero (in my view). But I still would like to have this series show up on the PC. It would also be nice to get X4 without having to pay a $100 for the actual PC version. >.<

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
The God of War franchise and Bayonetta. I don't see why they can't spend a few weeks to make a sloppy port and rake in some extra cash.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Voltano said:
Let's see here...
3. Shadowrun (Sega Genesis) - I got into this beyond the lifespan of the Sega Genesis, but heard some good stuff about this game. I had a lot of fun with the Matrix portion of this game, and I still think it is the best interpretation of the "Matrix" of the three Shadowrun games.

NOTE: Make a bundle of both Shadowrun games for the PC and you'd have my money quicker than the Millenium Falcon jumping to light speed.
And Shadowrun on the MegaCD. How about an English translation and release of that?

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
On the newer side? Dragon's Dogma,hands DOWN. That game would get a lot of attention on Steam if they ported it to the PC through Steam I think. An older one, Skies of Arcadia.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Rellik San said:
Battlefield 2 got a PC release, infact I'm pretty sure PC was lead platform, I specifically remember having to upgrade my ram and graphics card to play it.
No, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.

Battlefield 2 (and Special Forces, Euro Force, Armoured Fury) was indeed the PC game, I have it, I love it (bought it three times over the years in fact) but it's just called Battlefield 2.

Modern Combat was on the PS2 and Xbox, it was 32 players and it was epic, it's probably better to describe it as Bad Company 0 than anything else, a whole bunch of gameplay mechanics and the general feel carried over from it to the original Bad Company.

More than that it had a completely unique single player. Instead of the modern military FPS, it dumped you into a huge map with a set number of troops (say 40 infantry, three or four tanks and a couple of little birds) and a broad objective for each mission (capture and destroy 3 submarine pens, defend an oil platform, track and kill a HVT etc) then it set you loose.

The unique thing about it it was that you could swap between any active unit at any moment, but those units had no more health than in multiplayer and it didn't regenerate, so once they were gone that was that. The campaign was a juggling act of advancing your troops and vehicles around to achieve objectives whilst at the same time keeping as many of them alive as possible and using their varying classes and positions to your advantage. It was a lot of fun.

The multiplayer was standard Conquest, but very good in it's own right.

As a random thing, the final mission of Modern Combat had you racing round a map trying to activate the self destructs on a number of Russian ICBMs that had been launched at the US by Russian terrorists. It seems DICE can predict the future of games sometimes.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
Rellik San said:
No, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.

Battlefield 2 (and Special Forces, Euro Force, Armoured Fury) was indeed the PC game, I have it, I love it (bought it three times over the years in fact) but it's just called Battlefield 2.
Ah my bad then, carry on. :)

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Sassafrass said:
They're getting there with the FF games. 7, 8 and 3 (At least it's 3 in the UK, not sure what that is elsewhere) are currently up on the Steam store. I bet 9 won't be too far behind it.

As for me, Hogs Of War.
Such a fun game.
There is a PC version of Hogs of War, I have it around here... somewhere...

OT: The usual stuff; Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Red Dead, GTA V and this new thing from From (heh) 'Project Beast', since it's unfortunately looking to be a PS4 exclusive.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Silent Hill 1. I don't even care if it's the original PS1 version in original textures and models rather than an HD remake; I've played 2-4, and (sigh) Homecoming, I'd just like to see where it all began. Especially as it increasingly seems like any new entries are just going to run it further into the ground.

GTA V. C'mon, Rockstar, you sons-of-... Give the PC some love, already.

Bayonetta.