Games you'd love to see another entry for...but probably won't

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
Enslaved: Oddessy To The West. Left off on a pretty bleak, uncertain point (SPOILERS, if you care about a game that's been out a few years now)

You basically discover the up-to-that-point evil slavers are actually alright guys who were trying to put people in a computer simulation (i think?) of pre-war memory's so that they could escape the horror of the post apocalypse through the use of specially designed masks. Monkey, the protagonist, try's one, and is enthralled by the simulation. Trip, his companion, however, destroys the simulation and the guy who made it possible anyway: Leaving the 'slaves' once again stuck in the apocalypse, Trip confused about her actions, and Monkey very quiet.

The thing is, we never learn how this affected either character or their relationship (unlike a certain, more recent game that was remarkably similar), and we never learn of the fates of those trapped in the pyramid. In general, just felt very unresolved.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Kotor 3 made by Obsidian, because they are masters of creating great storylines.

Half Life 3 (for obvious reasons).

Another S.T.A.L.K.E.R game, because I loved that franchise. The only horror fps that had atmosphere mixed fantastically with horror elements (exception being the Metro games).

DarkSiders 3(4). It's a shame what happened to THQ and I know for a fact that if they wouldn't of gone down under we would of seen a game with every horseman (there were still 2 left).

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Syphon filter ? Make a sequel to it, reboot it/remake it I don?t care I just want a new game featuring Gabe Logan!

Nightmare Creatures

Tenchu ? Again remake it for all I care just give me a new Tenchu...but actually give it your A game this time *glances over at Tenchu Z*

Darksiders

Bubsy - because fuck you! I BELIEVE IN YA BUBSY!

Power Stone ? Yeah remember those games? God a new power stone would be fun especially online. Capcom could have a Smash Bros on their hands but we all know we aren't ever going to hear from this series again because Capcom has let far to much of their brains run out of their ear.

Odd World ? I know Abe is getting a remake but I mean I want a brand new oddysee. I want another new 3-D odd world game that fully realizes the oddness of oddworld. So far Strangers Wrath has been the only one to really put us in a 3-D odd-fuck I?m saying that a lot. Munch?s Oddysee was great but well it did have its flaws. One main one for me being that it really fumbled when bringing the world itself into 3-D. Instead of finally get to wander this unique world we got a very generic 3-D world. Hardly anything resembled what we had previously seen with Abe which was pretty depressing. I get it though, It was Lorne and the teams first 3-D game so I get why some missteps were made. But now they have the experience and tech I want to see Oddworld in full force!

Teh_Moose

Jan 13, 2014
Eternal Darkness 2. with more people in different points in history (maybe even a small bit in WW2 with himself) setting up the events of ED1. Maybe with the Grandad guy (hang on... let me look him up... Edward Roivas) as the main character showing his life before his death

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

Great Third-Person-Shooter Hack-n-Slash hybrid, with a good story and great mechanics.

Unfortunately THQ has gone bust and I doubt anyone is going to restart that particular series.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Outside of everything that was said already, Warcraft 4.

I want my fantasy RTS fix Blizzard. Pls. I know it's not going to happen.

But pls. Mabu if I buy another WoW expansion -exposes wrist on the altar of greed- Just another WoW expansion...

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Chester Rabbit said:
Bubsy - because fuck you! I BELIEVE IN YA BUBSY!
I kinda want to see/do a rewrite of that character, with Bubsy having been fired from Accolade. He then has a Conker's Bad Fur Day-esque adventure to sleaze his way back into the industry.

OT: Mega Man Legends 3 - with Inafune's departure and Capcom's apparent lack of wanting anything to do with the Mega Man IP, I've long stopped holding my breath for this one.

Brave Fencer Musashi - I'm well aware of Samurai Legend Musashi, but the latter was slower, both in combat and progression. Plus part of the charm of the original was that everybody was playing it straight but a few characters, SLM tried to make everybody cool, which just made the whole cast bland.

Robot Alchemic Drive - massive kaiju fighting robots controlled from the perspective of squishy little humans. Perspective was a small problem for the original, but that just means we have a finally have a reason for '3D' TV (they are NOT 3D, but that's another thread...)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
remnant_phoenix said:
Legacy of Kain!

This series never really got its due. Excellent world, lore, (impeccably voice-acted) and characters, and a host of interesting gameplay mechanics to boot. That F2P action/shooter "Nosgoth" doesn't count, we need a new epic letting us play out how Kain realizes his final destiny.
I wholeheartedly second your opinion. And this needs to happen soon, before any more of the original voice cast start pushing up daisies. (Rest in peace, Mr Jay.)
And yes, that 'Nosgoth' thing looks like an abomination. How could a developer miss the point of the series so spectacularly?!

Also, I cry for the next Darksiders game that will probably never happen. Had sooooo much fun with DS2.

Wrath 228

Aug 26, 2010
A GOOD Mercenaries 3. The first was one of my favorite games of the PS2/Xbox generation, I put hundreds of hours into just roaming around causing chaos and messing around (used to ferry around massive amounts of troops from factions that didnt like each other and kick off battles between them in locations that otherwise saw little action). Mercenaries 2 had its moments in co-op but was an utterly broken and undeniably terrible game, EA's final "fuck you" before they ran the studio into the ground.

A while back there was some trailers and stuff for "Mercs Inc" which was to be an MMO. I can't remember if I screamed in horror or not. All I remember for sure is that it looked hilariously bad. It's really too bad that EA is sitting on the license now.

Oh well, at least I have Just Cause 2 with mods and MP on PC. That's the closest I think I'll ever get.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Sacrifice...
...System Shock...
...Arx Fatalis...
...STALKER...
...off the top of my head.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Knights of the Old Republic: I have yet to complete the second game, but the Star Wars universe is so expansive, and I would love to explore it more in BioWare's vision. It is a shame that this will probably never happen, especially now that the entirety of the current expanded universe has been entirely scrubbed clean.

Republic Commando: It was a pretty neat tactical shooter, and it had some pretty cool mechanics that were pretty revolutionary for it's time, but most importantly: WHAT HAPPENED TO SEV GODDAMMIT?! Same reason as before for why it probably wont happen again, but maybe, just maybe. (Addendum: The entirety of the expanded universe has been wiped clean, aside from the 6 films, and the Clone Wars TV show. BUT, in the Clone Wars TV show, Delta Team does make a cameo appearance, making Delta Squad (and hopefully) the events of Republic Commando canon. So maybe that increases the chances of a sequel somewhat?)

Space Marine: Im pretty sure that it has been confirmed that Space Marine will never see a sequel, but the game just felt so epic to play. Relic pretty much nailed the power of a Space Marine and his arsenal of weapons, everything from the Bolter to the Thunder Hammer just felt like it had a lot of weight behind it, and the gameplay wasn't half bad at all, especially the multiplayer modes. Also: dat customisation.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Banjoo & Kazooie 3 #freerare (Fuck you Microsoft, let them goooooo!!!!)
Knights of the Old Republic 3-Now that TOR nonsense is behind us, can we please get it back to its single player roots? Please?
I'd love to see a more polished Remember Me happen. It had a really interesting mechanic with the rewriting someone's memory bits that should become the staple mechanic of another entry.
And fucking DESCENT!!!! An old shooter like Descent would honestly breathe a lot of life into a genre that is, in my mind, on life-support since its arteries are clogged with grey-brown military shooters. 360 degrees of combat! Tons of weapons! Interesting, alien robot enemies! COME ON. BRING ME DESCENT 4, PLZ.

WildFire15

Jun 18, 2008
City of Heroes would be top of my list, but NCSoft have a habit of burying games they kill off as deeply as possible and guarding them with BFG 900s.

I'd also love to see a new Project Gotham Racing, Mashed, Legacy of Kain, Panzer Dragoon, Theme Park/Hospital/Something (ideally not by EA), Darksiders, Banjo Kazooie (though I liked Nuts & Bolts) and, for shits and giggles, Jazz Jackrabbit.

PPB

May 25, 2009
I'm obviously not the first one to mention it, but KotOR 3 would be my pick. Just to twist the idea a bit though, one of the things that I do like about SWTOR is that it's not just about Jedi and Sith. I would really like a KotOR 3 (or let's just call it a SW RPG at this point) that allows you to build a character that isn't a Jedi and support the concept in the story (i.e. I know it's possible to play KotOR without a lightsabre but that doesn't make you less of a Jedi within the story). With the refocus around the OT, I could see a great RPG that lets you play a Rebel (or Imperial) soldier/spy/tech/whatever in a pre-ANH or VI-to-VII timeframe.

Apart from that I could do with a sequel to X-Wing or TIE fighter, but I don't think such a game would be marketable nowadays. I would also have wanted a real Jedi Knight 3 but I guess that's impossible now.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
cloroxbb said:
BURNOUT - Criterion was bought by EA, churned out some Need for Speeds, then had massive layoffs, and now many Criterion seniors formed a new company. It doesn't look like Burnout is going to see another entry anytime soon. I hope I am wrong.
The one thing I miss most from the ps2 generation of gaming: Crash Junctions. Why they abandoned this awesome mix of puzzle, racing, and chaos, I will never know.
My ultimate dream game I would love to play but will never see is Burnout Revenge: Blus Bros Edition. Basically Burnout Revenge but with cars, settings, and of course the music of the Blues Bros movie.
Imagine doing a crash junction on the Chicago streets with Rubber Biscuit playing in the background.

I would also love to see another Phantasy Star game but in a full 3d (bethesda level detailed) world. Not PSO but Phantasy Star. That shit was wacky.