Games You'll Defend 'til You Die

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Dead Space, Mercenaries 2, and Darkest of Days. Yes, they all do have some rough edges, some more glaring than others, but it doesn't stop them all from being a fucking blast to play.

Greyfall

Oct 2, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
xmetatr0nx said:
None, cept maybe pong...
Well... well...
PONG SUCKS!

OT:All games have problems. No point in defending somehing with problems.
How dare you!? Youve made the list fatman. I mean the elegant simplicity, the hypnoticing "ball" thing going from one end to the other, the blip bloop sound...why its not a game its the hand of god painting art i tell you!

So i was being sarcastic, i wouldnt ever call a game a masterpiece or art, i just cant be that pretentious with a straight face.
Hmm... I disagree with what you said about games being art. The story line of Half-Life 2 is better than most books I have read, forget about the total immersion you feel at moments of dialogue. Coincidentaly, I would defend Half-Life. Whats wrong with a silent protagonist?

Superasil

Trapped inside a Game.
Sep 30, 2009
Mass Effect, KOTOR. i really love these games, and honestly, I cannot find a flaw, but thats just me. i love every inch of these games, when i first played them i loved them from the start, and i will argue their greatness until the day i die!

omle

Oct 18, 2008
Dynasty Warriors.

You know it's crap.
I know it's crap.

Doesn't stop it from being fun though.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
Abedeus said:
VZLANemesis said:
Abedeus said:
Only Diablo 2 and Neverwinter Nights. They have little to no flaws.

Every other game has a flaw that I can relate to, but those two - none.
Diablo 2 no flaws? are you fucking serious?
Name some that aren't human-made. Community, hackers, botters, cheaters don't apply. They can be found in any game.
Repetitive monsters... same sprites different colors, just plain cheap developing.
Really really bad balancing, do I really need to explain this point? If so, then you've never played the game.
Rune system, it really fucking sucks... gave the game the biggest balancing issues, not to mention that giving every character a possible teleport is the most retarded idea ever.
Do I really need to continue? Developers for Diablo III, and even Bashiok in the battle.net forums have spoken of the many flaws in the game. Any other comments, I wont even post... pm me for further discussion in the subject, ok?

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
omle said:
Dynasty Warriors.

You know it's crap.
I know it's crap.

Doesn't stop it from being fun though.
Quoted for truth.

Swinging around my giant spear mowing down thousands of cannon fodder enemies just touches my heart in a special way.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
unreal tournament 04, luckily i never had to since everybody loves it, everybody, everybody loves it *scary face and voice*

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Assassin's Creed.

I have my own opinions about how it could have been better, but I still love that game to death. It caters to my love of history, parkour, swordfighting and stabbing people in the neck with hidden blades.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Final Fantasy 10, not that I really would defend it beyond a polite inquiry, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, if they didn't like it, it's fine by me.

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
Mischief Makers. Best game ever. You kids can keep your fancy graphics engines and your halo clones. I like my originality and likable characters and fun, unique, innovative gameplay.

Aug 25, 2009
I'll defend so much. Halo, Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy seem to be the big ones though.

That said, I don't particularly argue for them, I just mention them whenever people have 'Best Game Evar' threads, or present counter arguments to people who are willing to listen. (Like that ever happes.)

Khaos Theory

Aug 14, 2009
"Fallout 3", "Elder Scrolls:Oblivion" and "Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines". Any RPG that immerses me to the point of near psychosis deserves my undying protection.