Games you're convinced nobody else is playing?

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
SycoMantis91 said:
As for me, I'm currently re-playing through Psi-Ops and finally playing through Earthbound. Two underrated classics of different generations.
Earthbound? UNDERRATED?

The damn game was highly rated and extremely popular, just because it's old and a classic doesn't mean it wasn't highly rated and extremely popular for its day.

Mine would be Hearts of Iron 3 For the Motherland, extremely awesome grand strategy.

lordmardok

Mar 25, 2010
Easy, the entire Atelier Iris series. Such great gameplay and mechanics, it never got much attention in the US though.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Palademon said:
Considering I played DW: Gundam 2 as soon as it came out and only ever found ONE guy in my many days of trying to find a match, I'd sya no one is playing that now, since no one played it THEN.

I was wondering to myself "Have all the Japanese people being ninjering their way to millions of points? They all could've stopped, but how did people in Western countries get that high on leaderboards too??!?!"

AnotherAvatar said:
Killer7 on GCN.
What does GCN mean?

You will kick yourself.
It is a common mistake I see. Right up there with people saying "Laura Croft".
Unless this is all a conspiracy against me...

Also, sadly I couldn't get into Killer7 form what I saw. But I like No More Heroes.
GCN is the abbreviation for the Nintendo Gamecube.

And if you like NMH I'd recommend giving Killer7 another shot, it's such a mind blowing game, and while it does play like shit (which could be fixed in a heartbeat if someone would just port it to motion controls, why do only shit games get ported? While I'm on it, why in the FUCK doesn't RE4 on PSN have Move support?! Yeah, fuck you too Capcom, you've changed ever since you started doing the hard drugs.), it's one of my favorite games for it's absurd sense of style and standing-in-the-snow-naked-with-a-Nixon-mask-on-holding-a-chainsaw-insane plot.

Suffer through it if you like Suda 51 at all, because, beyond any sort of doubt, it is his best game conceptually.

Zandarck

Jul 13, 2011
V2000 on PSX. I searched high and low for that game until I struck gold. After then I saw it pop up everywhere >_>

Such a great game though.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Battleaxx90 said:
I'd LIKE to say Xenoblade Chronicles, but come April, every dang JRPG fan worth his oversided sword and pointy hair will be playing it, so it won't really count as a game that nobody else is playing.

Right now?

EUROPEANS.

Y U NO PLAY XENOBLADE!?
LOL

While I would probably say that xenoblade chronicles looks great and all, the phrase 'every dang JRPG fan worth his oversized sword and pointy hair will be playing it' to a Wii game gets me giggling every time.

Nintendo abandoned RPG fans back in the N64 era. If you wanted to continue playing quality RPGs, you bought the playstation, playstation 2 and then the Xbox 360 (though there is a few great rpgs for the playstation 3 as well). If you were still buying nintendo systems you probably REALLY liked tales of symphonia (skies of arcadia too, but that's a dreamcast remake) and probably have some sort of handheld fetish... If it looks good enough, I might pick up a Wii... stranger things have happened. I bought the original Xbox for Morrowind and KotOR, and I don't regret that purchase. However... I'm still pretty pissed off about my N64 RPG library... arrrrggggg!!!!!

Oh yeah, I'm playing Shadow Madness for the PS1. It's my hidden treasure of cocky heroes taking on and evil army and laughing at them the whole time. Graphics are pretty crap, but the story is just great and it's just a fun rpg.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
CyanideSandwich said:
SageRuffin said:
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. A hard-as-penis TPS featuring robots that you can gleefully dismantle piece by piece. Holds up quite well, even in graphics.
Holy crap, I remember that game! I had it ages ago, but couldn't remember the title of it when I wanted to get it back, but now I know it. Thanks.
You're quite welcome. :)

poodlenoodles

Nov 17, 2011
SageRuffin said:
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. A hard-as-penis TPS featuring robots that you can gleefully dismantle piece by piece. Holds up quite well, even in graphics.
OH MY GOD!!!!!! THAT IS HONESTLY THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!
at least it might be, i haven't played it in a while and it's all smeared with nostalgia. i really wish i could play it again but i only ever rented it and no one here sells it. maybe that's a good thing cause playing it againmight ruin it's legendary status in my mind.

Zergadooful

Sep 30, 2010
Magic Battlegrounds.
It's Magic: The Gathering but as a fighting game where you combat the other player by summoning creatures and using spells. It's really imbalanced but incredibly fun with some friends.

InfamousMelon

Jan 19, 2012
Vault101 said:
DustyDrB said:
Vault101 said:
the saboteur

flawed...interesting..but flawed
I played it for a while. I know I played up to the Zeppelin part and then a bit after, but then got sick of all the driving. And I was already frustrated at it for a different part when you lead the Nazis into an ambush. That blonde lady kept on trying to charge straight into all the Nazis and died quickly, making me instafail.

Than and I was playing on an SD TV back then and the black and white sections were a little tough on the eyes.
I dont think my TV was Idealy optimised at the time..but YES even with HD I couldnt tell what the hell was going on..it was a nice stylistic Idea but I didnt work

and of coarse that natzi stripper officer....
See I would totally have to disagree with you guys, although the mechanics where a touch clunky and ya the black and white parts made it hard to see, but I really enjoyed the action/stealth blend with just enough GTA and Assassins Creed Respectively. That being said it was far from perfect but I think it was a good shot at a last hoorah for Pandemic Studios. Furthermore I do need to applaud them as they took a shoot on a brand new IP and they also took a look at WWII that most people don't know or see (as the sabatour was actually based on real a person)

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
Swifty714 said:
SycoMantis91 said:
As for me, I'm currently re-playing through Psi-Ops and finally playing through Earthbound. Two underrated classics of different generations.
I thought I was the only one who played the Psi Ops: Mindgate conspiracy.

Though, the reason it didn't get any attention, was because they did next to no advertising for it, which is a real shame.

Btw, did they ever make a sequel to Mindgate?
Not that I'm aware of. If they have, or do, I'd love to know though

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
Tax_Document said:
SycoMantis91 said:
Earthbound? UNDERRATED?

The damn game was highly rated and extremely popular, just because it's old and a classic doesn't mean it wasn't highly rated and extremely popular for its day.

Mine would be Hearts of Iron 3 For the Motherland, extremely awesome grand strategy.
Nowadays it is. It gets rather overshadowed by other RPGs of the time like Final Fantasy. Chrono Trigger, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Breath of Fire and even Illusion of Gaia. Like every other game here, everyone that knows of it knows it's great, but it either never got the recognition it deserved, or got lost in the shuffle over time. Earthbound is the latter.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Quake Wars on the 360. I got it as a present a while ago, and didn't want to sell it or whatever because of that. The weirdest thing is that whenever I think "maybe someone will be playing this time" there's always at least one guy on. Nobody else, though. Doesn't even match us into a game.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Lost Planet 2. Last time I played I found a total of 4 people for an online match. Also Left 4 Dead 2 on the 360. Last time I played I could barely find any games.

rdwp

Jan 2, 2012
Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters: Future Perfect.

Easily the two greatest shooters ever made, but really underrated.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011

This game, I bet about 90% of this community never heard it. Anyways, what is it? Well its a horror game, you play a camera man for a news station, its very much a rail shooter in essence.