Games you've ALMOST finished but never will?

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos. It is so dull and repetitive. The campaign storyline can be figured out from playing it for 20 minutes.

Natural Hazard

Mar 5, 2008
DDS2 (Digital Devil Saga 2) just cannot be bothered to go through the last area don't no why, because i love dungeon crawlers

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Final Fantasy X..... I pretty much got up to Braskas Final Aeon and thought...."Yeah I'm so not strong enough and I dont want to grind for 10 hours.... Back to ProStreet."

KierzoSBC

Sep 4, 2008
Command and Conquer 3: Got it because it's a C&C game and powered through a lot of the levels even though it's not a great game but when the Aliens arrived, that was it for me.

Area 51: Got to the part where you start turning into an alien and then i bought Killzone so that was that.

Killzone: Got a part where you have to crawl through a vent but a glitch prevented my character from climbing in.

Dark Sector: not a great game and when i arrived at a part where i didnt know what to to, there wasnt enough incentive for me to investigate it further.

R6.V2: Got pissed off after paying 40 quid for it then it turning out to be basically an add on of the forst one.

Sega SuperStar Tennis: Got bored after unlocking most of the games on it.

Magugag

Jun 25, 2008
Lost Odyssey. I was willing to play through it, grinning at less than perfect battle mechanics that included fights that went on forever for the storyline. Some of the written memories are still breathtakingly well done. However, I feel like the game turned around and bit me with this weird sci-fi edge that didn't explain enough and wrecked the feel of the game. Since I saw that strange twist, I lost the will to play through the sometimes frustrating battle system.

cheatking

Jul 21, 2008
Any FF game, i love them but never gottern to the end of one (last disk of 7, when the garden started flying on 8, absoultly hated 9, final aeon on 10 and final boss on 10-2, never played the rest cept tactics which i have completed)

FEAR, never got round to it
Escape from money island, lost interest when i bought diskworld noir
LoZ:TP, got a decent way in but got bored
Metriod prine, got lost looking for the artifacts and then it just felt like one big LoZ dungion where you couldnt find the small silver keys
Tomb Radier:angel of darkness, only one i didnt complete cos it was a pile o' shite

KierzoSBC

Sep 4, 2008
cheatking post=9.71127.720741 said:
FEAR, never got round to it
That's another one of mine. I hated the click, click, click noise as you walk and if you walk slow it gets faster.....Clicketyclickyclickyclicky.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, drove me mad!!

LisaB1138

Oct 5, 2007
Make that 3 votes for Psychonauts. That climb vs. the water that telescopes everything that was wrong with the platforming really really sucks. Such a brilliant game though.

shinydaemon

Aug 27, 2008
Sonic Rush - got to the last boss but just couldn't beat him. Unlikely to go back and try again now.

Rob Sharona

May 29, 2008
Metroid Prime.
Got to the last boss, failed it once, thought I'd try it again some other time, then Metroid 2 came out. Doh!

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
I'm #4 for Psychonauts, though I might get back on that one. I'm down to the last patient at the asylum.

I know for sure I'll never finish God of War 2 though. The approach toward the end boss is a dragging pain.
Nor will I ever finish Gears of War. I played it up to the boss on the train (is it the General? Is it the last one? No idea) with a friend of mine and we just don't feel like bothering anymore.
FFX-2, I'm up to 89%, tried to get everything the first time around and just get bored. I got farther than in FFX though, where I got bored to death just about halfway through.

Fraser:
The excellent gear present in the expansion should make BG's boss easier. But who cares, he's a total bastard with or without anyway. If you got that far just look up the ending video on youtube.

Daegen

Jan 23, 2008
Honestly? Final Fantasy VII. I saved right outside Sephiroth, and never bothered to beat him. In my defense, I'd already seen someone else do it, so there was no mystery beyond the Northern Crater.

Boris2k

Jun 18, 2004
ff7 for sure, got to sephiroth and kept crashing at random moments during the fight, after about a dozen attempts i gave up

Feb 14, 2008
I have never finished LoZ:MM (without cheats; I play it on emulator, though i do have the actual game cartridge).
I have never finished Golden Sun 2 (that is watching to the end of the ending cinema, because i want to keep playing with my redicously overpowered characters).
And I have never finished Sword Of Mana (same reasons as above).

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Disgaea 2- the second battle in the very last chapter keeps me from going on(the one after time trials, I think). It's just so hard(that's what she said)

MGS3 subsistence-Made it to the part with eva but finished the original so son't feel like continuing anymore

Crash of the titans-Last level, just lost all the will to play anymore

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
I've never finished KotOR. I've gotten all the way to Malak to find that he has stupidly high defence and will which allows him to block every single attack that my bare minimum strength character can throw at him. Also, my only save was right before I went into the room to fight him so I didn't think that I'd be able to go back and train.

Boris2k

Jun 18, 2004
i dont think im ever going to finish spore, im actually on the brink of deleting it. thank god i didnt pay for that shit.

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
Motorstorm: The rubberbanding AI is designed to send you into a blood rage.

Oblivion: The repetitive difficulty of the scaling AI and simple combat system just makes it feel like a job now.