Games you've ALMOST finished but never will?

Magugag

Jun 25, 2008
Totally agree with you on Oblivion. What's the point of a leveling system if the entire game scales to you? Dumbest idea ever, totally kills a sense of progress.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I loved the first Rogue Squadron on N64, but I could never play the Battle of Hoth level, which requires Gold medals on every single other mission. The bane of this lofty goal is the Assault on Sullust and Moff Seerdon's Revenge missions, both of which possess an obnoxious number of missile turrets and TIE Interceptors. Seerdon's shuttle is an absolute bastard to shoot down, and I have yet to find any way to play Assault on Sullust that doesn't have you losing two of your three lives... if you're lucky. So I eventually gave up on it. Not much of a reward, really.

Schiggy

Apr 17, 2008
Well i take back what i said about ninja gaiden 2. just finished it quite easily. ending made as much sense as the rest of the story. cant be fucked playing it again though, not for a while anyway

FluffyM

Sep 14, 2008
The Witcher...made it to the last chapter before the epilogue, then lost motivation...just gets old after a while and I missed the multiplayer-aspect of games.

terminator44

Jul 24, 2008
Okami. I've never played a Legend of Zelda game (yeah, I admit it) so I just didn't expect how long the game would be. I thought it would be over once you defeated that multi-headed demon (or rather, when the wannabe samurai defeated it), but it wasn't. I continued on for quite a bit longer, though, but then I got to a part where I had to go in a Wind-Waker-esque boat to search for something or other. I couldn't find it and had to return the game to the rental store, and I haven't gotten back to it because there's no room for my PS2 in my dorm.

DerGermanGuy

Jul 10, 2008
NFS: Carbon on PS2. I bought this shortly after starting with WoW. I spent more time in WoW then. I have stop to play WoW couple of mounth ago, but don't have motivation to start on Carbon again

Aug 23, 2008
Sly 3 =/

Couldn't finish the last 'heist'. I'd love to replay the game, and maybe this time I could actually finish it. I was still pretty young when I first played it n.n

franzuu

Jun 4, 2008
Max Payne 2 - I was at the very end where i have to shoot a guy down by shooting at some metal things to make them fail. It would take me maybe 1 minute, but i just couldn't be bothered.

A similar thing was with Max Payne 1. All I had to do was exit a building (the door was 10 meters away) and shoot a grenade against a metal construction on the roof that would fall on a chopper. It took me over a year to do it (game time 2 minutes max).

Hitman 1, 2 & 3 - all were the last level or the second last level, I just couldn't be bothered. I promise I'll finish Hitman 4 when it comes out.

Company of Heroes - last mission and my game crashed. never touched the campaign again.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Bioshock. I got as far as playing dress up with big daddy's clothes and never picked it up. I just have no intention of beating it.

CIA

Sep 11, 2008
Twilight Princess. I suppose I realized that its not going to be as good as Ocarina of Time and wasn't even as fun as Wind Waker so I lost interest.

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
psychonauts, everything's easy except that mix of oleander's and raz's mind, and that is difficult enough to make me want to kill myself.

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
LOZ Majoras Mask - i could never beat the water temple :( i had even skipped it and finished the last one and went back and still couldn't beat that boss

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time.

All I have to do is take down that damned last boss, but the amount of times he's murdered me just stopped me playing altogether.

HuntingWolf_01

Aug 31, 2008
stormcrow5 post=9.71127.727087 said:
LOZ Majoras Mask - i could never beat the water temple :( i had even skipped it and finished the last one and went back and still couldn't beat that boss
erm, heh, hate to nit-pick but...o you mean the water temple in Loz OO or the Great bay temple in MM?

anyway doesn't matter, i got right to the end of KOTOR 2 but never could be botherd to work my way though the spaceship to find that sith. I am just lazy i suppose :)

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
CIA post=9.71127.727074 said:
Twilight Princess. I suppose I realized that its not going to be as good as Ocarina of Time and wasn't even as fun as Wind Waker so I lost interest.
Ditto. > .>

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
I just started the final boss battle in "Heavenly Sword" (which I owned) and then decided to trade the game in. Many months later I realised I should have completed it, rented the game and played through just to complete it.

Jul 9, 2008
F.E.A.R Extraction Point. I was in the last area of the hospital, my computer crashed, I had it fixed a month later, re-installed the first F.E.A.R, beat it, and now can't find the case with the code I need to re-install EP.

SystemWarrior

May 7, 2008
This is only technically a not finish, but I never properly finished Prince of Persia Warrior Within. Shockingly disappointing after Sands of Time, but I played through and ended up fighting the Empress instead of the Dahaka. Didn't realise that wasn't the true ending until I played Two Thrones. Not going to be playing Warrior Within again though.