Games you've beaten in 2022.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
It's a new year, and that means more games to beat.

What games have you beaten so far?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I beat a couple runs in BPM: Bullets Per Minute. Does that count? I mean its a roguelike so just beating it isn't the end but a last boss was beaten.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Batman: The Telltale Series (3/5)

It's...fine? Decent story with QTE events standing in for gameplay.

Reactions: gorfias

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Batman: The Telltale Series (3/5)

It's...fine? Decent story with QTE events standing in for gameplay.
The first season is pretty average. Definitely not my favourite TellTale game, and honestly pretty dull at times.

But Season 2 is excellent.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
So far I have completed:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Pikuniku
I Expect You To Die

I am also pretty close to completing Inscryption

This might sound like a lot for only being on the 9th Jan, but the games that I have completed are probably all <5h long, and I started Inscryption before the new year.

I've shared my thoughts on each over in the "What are you currently playing?" thread, but the TL;DR is that I haven't been particularly thrilled by any of them, nor do I think any of them are bad.

Just an average time. I am suitably whelmed.

Dedtoo

Aug 28, 2009
Norway
I beat Death's Door. I got to the end credits, and I count that, even if there were some post-game stuff.

It was okay. Nothing special. Short, a few weapons that were pretty similar, an okay story and world. And it was pretty, of course.

I doubt I'll ever understand why it has a Overwhelmingly Positive rating on steam though.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I beat Death's Door. I got to the end credits, and I count that, even if there were some post-game stuff.

It was okay. Nothing special. Short, a few weapons that were pretty similar, an okay story and world. And it was pretty, of course.

I doubt I'll ever understand why it has a Overwhelmingly Positive rating on steam though.
The piano music, my dude. People get hit by a good score.
But also, yeah, the game delivers what it promises. So if you watch the trailer, you get exactly what you see with no bugs or bullshit issues, which will get overwhelmingly positive reviews. Anyone not interested in this game won't review it, and it's not high-profile enough to get a lot of gamers who want to be in on the latest flashy stuff.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
So far I have beaten The Forgotten City, Unpacking, and Death's Door

A lot for me, for sure. These are short games, I was finishing up my Gamepass subscription, took advantage of the Steam winter sale, and had a lot of down time due to holidays, work schedule and weather.
So I spent New Year's Day playing the Forgotten City in one go.
Then the next day trying out Inscryption, not liking it, then playing Unpacking and that whole thing is like 4 hrs.
Then Death's Door over the next week including the post-game stuff but I followed youtube guides for that part.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So far I've beaten:

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

Actually got my hands on all the GBA and DS Igavanias. Well, they're probably all repros considering what I paid, but whatever. Next up is Aria of Sorrow, tho I'm going to play something else first, cleanse the palate. Maybe one of those Tomb Raiders from the Epic holiday giveaways.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Beaten Demon Souls remake. Is rare a game hold attention till the bitter end but we worked our problems out after the right sort of counseling. Only problem is I missed the window to upgrade spear to a boss weapon because I had no idea you can only do it when it's upgraded at +7, no less and certainly no more: silly muggins here assumed it needed to be the highest level before ascending so did the all the upgrades first, but noooo. Even with a wiki open the upgrade system is a byzantine mess. Will have to try it in new game plus mayhaps.

Also, wtf is this evil shit?...

ezgif.com-gif-maker-119.jpg

Oh. Wait, err, wrong one, forget you saw that. Wtf is this shit about?...

Screenshot_2022-01-06-20-41-02-33_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Permanent deleveling as a boss attack?? This is not acceptable videogame etiquette!

Reactions: BrawlMan