Games you've been meaning to finish.

Khinjarsi

Mar 14, 2011
Miles Edgeworth Investigations : I have maybe 2 chapters left but I can't sit down at do it at once.

Fallout: New Vegas: I invested so much time in Fallout 3 that NV just feels weird now

FFXIII: I just get bored after an hour

DA:Origins: Same problem.

In fact, a lot of the games I want to finish I haven't purely because I can't play them for more than an hour and not get bored, frustrated or tired of the game.

Azeal

Sep 19, 2012
Dedtoo said:
Lets see...
Deus Ex: Human revolution. Stuck at the first boss, which kinda ruined my motivation >_>
FML: I'm still trying! D:
If you have a stun gun, it wrecks him. Also, just run around grabbing barrels and throw them at him. If you have a shotgun, stunning him with a grenade/stun gun leaves him vulnerable to a few rounds. I did this 3 times and he died (on my second game. First one was hard til I used the barrels).

OT: Hmmmmmm All the games that I own but don't work with my laptop's graphics card (building a comp this winter, so soon I can play em :D Ex: Witcher 2).
Also, Mass Effect (every time I start, I get bored after a few levels/a planet. My current char is in the 20's).
Kingdoms of Amalur. Finally reached the second continent, but then I started playing Skyrim again b/c Dawnguard was on sale. Now it's been 2 months.
Any PoP game. The first one no longer works with my card (driver update probably) so it has to wait; the third one was just not gripping enough.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Jak II/III
Yakuza 3
Brütal Legend

I just can't be arsed with those games.

Also got the Splinter Cell Trilogy to beat. Will probably try to take care of them when I'm done with Borderlands 2, but I have a hard time playing the games for more than a few minutes before wanting to do something else.

Dedtoo

Aug 28, 2009
Norway
Azeal said:
Dedtoo said:
Lets see...
Deus Ex: Human revolution. Stuck at the first boss, which kinda ruined my motivation >_>
FML: I'm still trying! D:
If you have a stun gun, it wrecks him. Also, just run around grabbing barrels and throw them at him. If you have a shotgun, stunning him with a grenade/stun gun leaves him vulnerable to a few rounds. I did this 3 times and he died (on my second game. First one was hard til I used the barrels).

OT: Hmmmmmm All the games that I own but don't work with my laptop's graphics card (building a comp this winter, so soon I can play em :D Ex: Witcher 2).
Also, Mass Effect (every time I start, I get bored after a few levels/a planet. My current char is in the 20's).
Kingdoms of Amalur. Finally reached the second continent, but then I started playing Skyrim again b/c Dawnguard was on sale. Now it's been 2 months.
Any PoP game. The first one no longer works with my card (driver update probably) so it has to wait; the third one was just not gripping enough.
Well, I better start a new game then. I see few other ways to get a stungun at that point >_>

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Arcanum- I like the game, but... I... well... I simply can't, don't know why.
Impossible Creatures- the same, like the game, tried twice to finish, but was unable (THAT mission where Rex got infected, my only case of ragequit)
TES2:Daggerfall- played it for a lot of time, but never did quest line :/
Minecraft- I simply cannot finish it, I play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play and play, but I can't finish the game :D

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Here's a nice little site for keeping track of what you have and haven't played: http://backloggery.com/fuzzy_logic

My massive backlog scares me and fills me with guilt for being so far behind. I guess it's pretty sad to feel guilty for not playing a video game all the way through. I should probably not worry about my backlog and just play what I feel like at the time. That sounds like a much more healthy attitude.

Here's my PSP backlog:

Tactics Ogre (1/3 through?)
Half Minute Hero (Feels like I've put at least several tens of hours into this, but still have yet to even finish Hero 30)
Patapon
Loco Roco 2
Persona 3 Portable

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
Ring of Red and X-Com Apocalypse are two games i've sunk hundreds of hours into but never managed to finish. Started Fallout 3, but then I fell out of love with Bethesda RPGs.

Kingdom Hearts 2
FF IX (third disc was bad)
SSX 3 and New SSX
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Aliens vs. Predator old and new (I mean seriously I just don't have the nerves to play though the marine campaigns)
Half Life 2

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Most of my collection is stuff that I need to finish playing to be honest. Of the stuff that I have access to though...

Ace Combat 4
Adventure Island
Batman
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse
Chrono Trigger
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Double Dragon
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragonsphere
Eternal Darkness
Final Fantasy XII
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (playing this now actually...I must be around 90% completion)
Grand Theft Auto 3 & Vice City (just to story end)
Killer 7
Kingdom Hearts 3DS
Ninja Gaiden
Okami
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Teen Agent
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Yoshi's Island DS (Playing this now as well but not as often as FotNS)

Incidentally, 4 of you may be familiar with my Shoggy Looks at random games. If anyone does like those feel free to recommend a game from the spoiler box above for me to look at next. Or a completely different game too really. [sub][sub]Mods, I realize this may LOOK like self promotion but I don't do those reviews for money and I'm just generally unpopular to begin with. I'll unplug the plug though if necessary[/sub][/sub]

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Skyrim:
It's always like this with this type of game for me. I make a character, play for 10~20 hours, make a new character to try something new. Make another alt. Then suddenly find something else that I want to play. And when I get back to the game I start over as I forgot completely where I was.

Dragon's Dogma:
Awesome game. But for some reason I just haven't gotten around to it for a while now.

The Witcher 2:
I love the game, but...I dunno...somehow I can't usually get myself to play it even though I want to finish it.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Icewind Dale 2 - the game feels just so mentally draining to play after your characters have leveled up enough. Any following bit of combat could take 15 consecutive minutes, requiring constant attention and remembering all those useful spell scrolls in your inventory that you never remember to use.

Final Fantasy Tactics - one of my favorite FF stories and probably has my absolute favorite antihero, but I quit at some point before final boss because a certain battle had enemies with map-wide reach and others who deal nigh-instant death in front of them. I'm not the kind of person who likes to grind to overcome an obstacle. Or dramatically change my build for that matter.

Remaining campaigns of Dawn of War 2: Retribution

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Err excluding the unfinish games that I've trade away (like LoZ: Spirit Track) I guess that would be-
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Advance Wars: Dark Conflict

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Been 2 years since i started my "start a game , finish a game " policy . The only game i have to finish is dante's inferno , and i'm on the final boss .

But my backlog is huge , so it's less , "games i need to finish " and more , "games i need to start".

42Weasels

Oct 26, 2012
One day soon... I will finish Mass Effect 3 and see what the big deal was. And then, I will start Just Cause 2 and those Deus Ex games that I purchased on steam because they were such a deal. One day....

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal (again)
Planescape Torment
Icewind Dale 1+2
Neverwinter Nights
Fallout Tactics
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II: Retribution
EYE Divine Cybermancy
Orcs Must Die 2
Trine 2

There's alot more than that... sadly. :(

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Catherine. I was actually doing fairly well in that game, but got stuck on one of the levels, spent some time with family for awhile, and now that I'm back, I'm not sure if I will be able to just get back into it, having probably forgotten some of the strategies and whatnot. A fun game and everything, I think I was almost done with it too.

Lost Odyssey. Got past the first disk, and stopped for some reason. I could really get back into this easily, but I just...don't. Its not like I don't find it interesting, I just literally don't put it into my Xbox for whatever reason.

L.A. Noire. Got it last Christmas, but barely got past the first mission for some reason. Should really fix that. I hate having games from Christmas but not at least getting far in them when the holidays approach again. Makes me feel...dirty as a gamer or something.

Valkyria Chronicles 2: Managed to get 3 months into this (as the game has a basic sort of calender system which only advances once you've done the plot missions), and kept getting wrecked by this one mission. There is this one enemy unit that, while I think is possible to beat, he is quite hard to put down, even with your tank. Not to mention you have to spread your units across like 4 different maps or something, and the enemy unit in question likes to go around one map really fast, hit all of your guys, then travel to another one to continue the process. I'm sure if I grinded a bit or something I could win, but after a couple of times, I just didn't feel like getting my ass kicked repeatedly.

Right now though I'm working on Resident Evil 6 and Castlevania: Lord of Shadows. There are other games that I've been meaning to finish, but these are just the most recent. Others include Dragon Quest 8 (for the same reason as Lost Odyssey) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (was still early on in this hard game. Started a mission that I just knew was going to be hell, and stopped).

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I should probably do that new game+ of Bastion.

But god damn that game is so boring the second time through.

Wasn't really great the first time now that I think about it.

Also the serious run of Serious Sam HD: TFE. That shit's hard :l

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
Dark Souls and Borderlands 2. I just can't seem to get into a mood to do either :/

freakydan

Jan 28, 2010
I'm usually pretty good at finishing games, but I haven't been able to build up the motivation to get very far into Dragon Age 2. I really would like to finish it, since I enjoyed the first one so much, but the first hour or so was completely underwhelming. Other than that, nothing springs to mind.