Games you've been meaning to finish.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Oh god.

Games I stopped playing because they got too __ for me:
*Portal (I haven't gotten past the first turret levels because being shot at makes me panic, but for some reason I beat Portal 2 with no problems)
*Amnesia: the Dark Descent (I scare myself within the first 5 minutes of playing)
*Braid (I'm a bit over halfway through and it's gotten too hard, and I'm not invested enough to put in much effort)
*LIMBO (same as Braid)

Casualties of GW2 taking up all my free time, so at this point I'd have to start them over from the beginning:
*Lone Survivor
*Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
*Dungeons of Dredmor
*Bastion
*Psychonauts

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are two games that I absolutely love to bits but I can only die so many times before I rage quit a game. Plus, I thought I heard my PS3 giggling every time I did die, and that was a little disconcerting to me. D:

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Catherine, I got to what I think is the final mission and the build up was so good I never came back to finish it... I have no idea why I haven't done it yet :/

Same with Dust: An Elysian Tail, it's a surprisingly good little artsy, side scrolly, visual novely, RPGy game. I'm stuck on the final boss. He has at least 3 stages and he's a beast!
i beat Dust on its hard mode and so i have a few tips for ya
invest some in Fidget's magic and combine that with Aerial Dust Storm, it is so OP.
there should be a ring you find in the level previous that has a fidget magic x3 effect, you can get two.
if you've found the schematics for the Mithrarin accessory/armour i recommend crafting them they're quite useful (soldier drop)
with a little skill and some good leveling (the areas just before him are great for that, and if you got the 1K combo you have the skill needed) makes the boss pretty easy. i didn't die once on either difficulty against him.

OT: i don't really fall out of playing games if i can help it. i see them through to completion if they're good. but i DID have to stop playing Lost Oddessy due to circumstances beyond my control. i've been wanting to finish it.

i did have that problem with LoZ OoT and TP, but i got back to them and beat them. (almost wasn't able to with Twilight Princess, the disk got scratched and wouldn't read, but i fixed it)

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are two games that I absolutely love to bits but I can only die so many times before I rage quit a game. Plus, I thought I heard my PS3 giggling every time I did die, and that was a little disconcerting to me. D:
ahh Demon's Souls. i loved that game. beat it once and never got to finish my other playthroughs. havn't gotten a crack at the sequel though sadly.

VincentMm

Feb 13, 2009
FF XIII - Every time I go for the box I feel bored - before I even get hold of the disc.
Which feels strange to me as an FF fanboy.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Schizophrenick said:
Crysis 2 I bought from the Steam sale. The appeal of bland shooting just isn´t there anymore. And the nanosuit doesn´t save it. (Please don´t kill me Crysis fans)
It's okay, we forgive you!

Besides, the nanosuit in Crysis 2 wasn't nearly as cool as in Crysis 1. It was one of those things that they shouldn't have streamlined. In Crysis 1 it took more skill to use it properly, so it felt a whole lot more rewarding when you took out multiple enemies with the different suit functions.

At least, that's my opinion.

But back on track;

I guess I want to finish Assassins Creed Brotherhood. I'm almost finished, but I just can't bring myself to play through the end. I guess part of the reason is because I already know the ending, and I know how boring and pointless it is.

(Yes, I do know about "that" part, it's still boring and pointless to me because it's a freaking retarded stunt Ubisoft pulled to try to keep the audience entertained. I mean, you have to have some kind of forshadowing for stuff like that, you can't have Desmond just up and... DO THAT for no reason and expect me to just nod my head and play along!!!)

... Sorry, I kind of start to rage when games with potential end up using bullshit reasoning and random plot twists to spice up the plot. It's a miracle I didn't end up with an an aneurysm at the end of Mass Effect 3.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Resident evil 6.

I bought it as a time filler between Borderlands and assassins creed ... I completed Jake's, got half way through Leon's and then got bored.

Going to get some cash off assassins creed with res 6 but I have always completed the main res games (by which I mean 1,2,3,4,5 and not code veronica and the like) so I have less than a week to do so.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
If I tried typing out my entire list, it would encompass an entire page of this thread, so I'll stick to a short list:

-Mass Effect 1
-MGS 1
-Duke Nukem Forever
-Warhammer 40K Space Marine
-Binary Domain
-Dust: an Elysian Tail

-----

[small]Capicha: "Which does a vegetarian eat?"
Options given? "pencil", "France", "beef jerky", "cabbage", "airplane", "people"

... seriously, I can't be the only person who lol'd at those options.[/small]

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
KiloFox said:
The Wykydtron said:
Catherine, I got to what I think is the final mission and the build up was so good I never came back to finish it... I have no idea why I haven't done it yet :/

Same with Dust: An Elysian Tail, it's a surprisingly good little artsy, side scrolly, visual novely, RPGy game. I'm stuck on the final boss. He has at least 3 stages and he's a beast!
i beat Dust on its hard mode and so i have a few tips for ya
invest some in Fidget's magic and combine that with Aerial Dust Storm, it is so OP.
there should be a ring you find in the level previous that has a fidget magic x3 effect, you can get two.
if you've found the schematics for the Mithrarin accessory/armour i recommend crafting them they're quite useful (soldier drop)
with a little skill and some good leveling (the areas just before him are great for that, and if you got the 1K combo you have the skill needed) makes the boss pretty easy. i didn't die once on either difficulty against him.

OT: i don't really fall out of playing games if i can help it. i see them through to completion if they're good. but i DID have to stop playing Lost Oddessy due to circumstances beyond my control. i've been wanting to finish it.

i did have that problem with LoZ OoT and TP, but i got back to them and beat them. (almost wasn't able to with Twilight Princess, the disk got scratched and wouldn't read, but i fixed it)

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
ahh Demon's Souls. i loved that game. beat it once and never got to finish my other playthroughs. havn't gotten a crack at the sequel though sadly.
Yeah I started putting points into Fidget early on just for teh lulz since I like the idea of her being a destroyer of worlds. Little did I know that she is amazingly OP and you can spin around the screen with lightning killing everything for you...

Pretty sure I have all the cool stuff like that armour and the 1000 hit combo is so easy with Fidget's Broken Tier projectiles. I only tried the boss once and left it so i'm not "stuck" exactly. I just need to go back to it at some point

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Hmmm, I know there are a few...

Dragon's Dogma
The Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim
General Knox DLC for Borderlands 1
Legend of Grimrock

I did just get Dark Souls off my list, at least the first play through, and killing Jack in Borderlands 2 was really satisfying.

I need more time, between work and my work outs I don't have time to play (if only I was willing to be over weight). I got Guild Wars 2 but haven't played it in about a month, think I'm level 14.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Mass Effect 3. The ending controversy put me into a lethargy. Plus I accidentally killed Ashley and I give less of a fuck about all these new squad members.

Dragon's Dogma. Put it down due to social stuff going on that needed attending to, and just never bothered to go back.

D-Class 198482

Jul 17, 2012
Painkiller, Oblivion, Morrowind, Half Life, Half Life 2, Portal 2, Portal, and Oddworld: Munches Oddysee.
In that order.

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
Portal 2

I just started playing but got Gears of War 3 after getting stuck on a puzzle and kinda forgot about it.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I've yet to complete:

- Majora's Mask
- Spirit Tracks
- Zelda II
- Dragon Quest IX
- Chrono Trigger
- Little King's Story
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Scott Pilgrim VS The World

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Currently working on:
Final Fantasy 6 - GBA I want to complete the optional endgame dungeons.

What I put off:
Demon's Souls Trophy Hunt: Just need to complete the game one more time, and pull off the levels in a certain way so I can get some events, and to forge the "best" weapons form the various stones.

Dishonored Trophy Hunt: I have Versatile, Hornet's Nest, Tempest, Paintings(I missed 2 last time), and the three mind control achievements.

Resistance 3: Got to New York and I'm in an open field with no cover being shot at from every direction...

The Walking Dead: Episode 5 needs to come out...

That's it so far, that I can think of.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Dark Souls (though I'm doubtful I will ever be able to.)
Burnout Paradise
Burnout Revenge
Geneforge 4
Heroes II
Heroes III
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Amnesia the Dark Descent
Banjo Kazooie
Monopoly

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
Dedtoo said:
Well, I better start a new game then. I see few other ways to get a stungun at that point >_>
You can make a mad dash to the left when the fight starts and pick up the pistol and SMG stockpiles. And there's 2 EMP grenades around the spot that stun him for a good deal of time.
The fights in that game suck, and really hurt it, but its such a great game otherwise.

Anyways, my list:

Cthulu Saves the World / Breath of Death
Far Cry
Amnesia
The DLCs for Borderlands
KOTOR

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Red Dead Redemption. For some reason, even though I love the main characters and setting, I just get really fed up of it really quickly.

Apart from that, I've got stuff I plan to do, but it's all very hollow and fairly forgiving.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Let's see here, I still need to finish:
Final Fantasy 7
Zelda: Windwaker
Zelda: Twilight Princes
Zelda: Link to the Past
Zelda: Ocarina of time
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Borderlands
Ico
Dues Ex: Human Revolution

Along with a bunch of other stuff i'm too lazy to mention. It's mostly Zelda games as you can see, i've never beaten any Zelda game i've played aside from two of them.

Edit: I guess i'll add the Sly Cooper trilogy, got all three of them in a bargain bin a while back and haven't even beaten the first one yet.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Silent Hill 2
Baldur's Gate series
Planescape: Torment
The Thief series
Half-Life series
Shin Megami Tensei
Chrono Trigger (no idea if Cross is good)
MegaMan (feel free to shoot me)

...and a lot more on my backlog at the moment. Dang I need moar time.