Games you've been meaning to play or replay?

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Lectori Salutem said:
Dantness said:
Lectori Salutem said:
Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds
Tried playing it when I was young, but didn't really get it.
Shame it only works on Win95/98
I tried to install an old Lord of the Rings PC game I had forever ago. It took less than 5 seconds to install, but never worked... I should get a computer with an older version of Windows just for my old games.
I've got an old Pc sitting around here, ready to be downgraded...
...for about a year now. I really should try it.
Why not just run any old games in Compatibility Mode? That's what it's there for, right? And if it's really old, try DOSBOX or some other emulation software.

Danhoyt

Feb 19, 2009
Mass Effect, a friend of mine lent it to me last year and I still have it. I heard it was pretty good, but first I have to finish Half Life 2.

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
MisterM2402 said:
Lectori Salutem said:
Dantness said:
Lectori Salutem said:
Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds
Tried playing it when I was young, but didn't really get it.
Shame it only works on Win95/98
I tried to install an old Lord of the Rings PC game I had forever ago. It took less than 5 seconds to install, but never worked... I should get a computer with an older version of Windows just for my old games.
I've got an old Pc sitting around here, ready to be downgraded...
...for about a year now. I really should try it.
Why not just run any old games in Compatibility Mode? That's what it's there for, right? And if it's really old, try DOSBOX or some other emulation software.
Believe me, I tried, I tried... Some games are just incompatible with newer OS's. While in general compatibility mode tends to work fine, it is not a perfect emulation of an OS.
And hurray for Dosbox, I love that program.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Need to finish Half-Life, Half-Life Blue Shift, Half Life Opposing Force.

And Fallout 2, which I've been putting off because it's bugged up the butt.

thatguy1

Mar 1, 2010
I'm in the middle of:
-pokemon platinum
-half-life 2
-need for speed carbon

I am a self-proclaimed man of varied tastes.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I've been meaning to finish Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3 since I got them pretty much at release I just kept getting sidetracked either in game or with other games. Need to just finish Braid and Psychonauts too.

I bought Dead Space played 2 chapters then moved onto a new release so that needs finishing and Mass Effect 2 I need to finish the second playthough as I'm about 45 mins into it.

Also my first captcha had an umlaut in it? I don't even remember how to do those on a UK keyboard...

kellith1stnonly

Feb 24, 2011
I have a bad habit of replaying favorite games multiple times before starting new ones. I've beat Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil 4 more times than I should, and will probably end up playing them again when they're re-released.

Case in point: I have about 15 PS3 games I haven't started yet, but I've gotten the itch to replay the original Resi for the ___ time. I really need to finish Final Fantasy VI (about halfway through) and Persona 3.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Dead Space 2, Bioshock(so I can finally try Bioshock 2), Prince of Persia, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Final Fantasy XIII, Killzone 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. xD

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
MGS3: Subsistence. (dont have it)

RE4. (have it)

Beyond Good & Evil (have + started it, but I keep leaving it for more stimulating games, not that I don't like it; its just slow)

Prince of Persia (have it, gotta get a trainer for it tho cause the combat is just plain shit)

Wind Waker (don't have it)

Thats all I can think of for now.

oh yeah and...
LobsterFeng said:
Believe it or not I still haven't beaten Zelda: Twilight Princess. I should probably finish that sometime.
I'm in the same boat, got to the point where u enter the light pyramid thing, then just stopped playing idk why.

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
I need to get around to beating Brutal Legend. That game was so freakin' awesome it made my eyeballs bleed, but I could never get past the battle at the Sea of Black Tears, even on gentle difficulty. I keep meaning to try again, but of course my grasp of the controls is so rusty that it would require a playthrough up to that point, which I suspect would only end in me failing another ten or eleven times before giving up.

acklumos

May 1, 2009
I've been trying to play System Shock. Unfortunately, even with a multitude of guides, I still can't quite get it to work right in DOSBox. It will run, but the save function doesn't seem to work. I've also been meaning to beat Knights of the Old Republic, but Manaan is so boring.

Dantness

Apr 11, 2011
TheColdHeart said:
I've been meaning to finish Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3 since I got them pretty much at release I just kept getting sidetracked either in game or with other games. Need to just finish Braid and Psychonauts too.

I bought Dead Space played 2 chapters then moved onto a new release so that needs finishing and Mass Effect 2 I need to finish the second playthough as I'm about 45 mins into it.

Also my first captcha had an umlaut in it? I don't even remember how to do those on a UK keyboard...
silly umlaut. My captcha from earlier had a square root in it. So I just did a v and it worked.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
sethusmaximus said:
I'm probably going to be eaten alive for admitting I haven't played these games, but I've really been meaning to get my hands on the MGS series...
One of my buddies would probably cry out in joy about that, he's a metal gear nutcase/raging fanboy :p

OT: I really want to play Suikoden I-III again, best time i've had with RPG's in a good long while, the first two Golden Suns would be nice to play through again too so I could refresh my memory.

As for games I would like to beat I wish I could show my steam account because I would like to beat MOST of the games that i've bought there but just haven't had the time :(

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
Ive been wanting to play spyro 2 again, it was a sick game and my disc broke like 10 years ago and havent gotten a new one since.

I'd quite like to play the tomb raider 1 remake that seemed pretty cool

Bluesoul

Sep 19, 2010
Considering Enslaved, Castlevania LOS, GOW3, not to mention FFXIII and a lot of replays i would do if i had the time...

elbrandino

Dec 8, 2010
The Sly Cooper series. I've been meaning to replay those for months. If PS2 games didn't look so GOD AWFUL on the PS3 then I'd probably be more inclined to actually do it. And I can't afford the Sly Collection version at the moment. Damn.