Gamespot is biased? REALLY?

MSfire012

Jul 9, 2011
Now Gamespot is biased for showing COD XP? What's next, say that some site is a piece of s*** cause they have a different opinion? Oh wait, people already do that.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
MonocleClaire said:
I bought Call of Duty: Black Ops when it came out, since the hype told me it was supposed to be an AMAZING~ game and I thought it was going to be a good introduction to the FPS genre. Put simply, I was bored out my skull the entire time and I have never been so glad to stop playing a game in my entire life
No wonder you were bored to death. You should've played the first Modern Warfare and get your mind blown. But you're probably blinded by CoD hate now so you're missing out on the fun bits.

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
The Epicosity said:
MonocleClaire said:
AugustFall said:
It's the most popular game in the world
pffffffffffffffffttttttt
Except it is, unless you don't want to count Mario. It might not be good, but you can't ignore it is a very very famous franchise.
i do count mario
last i remember super mario brothers sold more units then any single cod game

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
MonocleClaire said:
It's almost hilarious how much of a shitstorm this has turned into.
Well, harping on the 'CoD sucks' thing has kinda gotten old now (seriously, I can't be the only one who's a bit tired of hearing the same old complaints and whines over and over) so you probably should have seen it coming.

Back on topic though, CoD's popular, they just had an event (even if they didn't, MW3 will be a big release and there's gonna be a lot of buzz and attention surrounding it), it's what the greater majority of people are gonna want to hear about so it only makes sense that that'll be what their main headlines consist of (no point making one of your headlines about some small obscure art game that no-one has likely heard of).

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
MonocleClaire said:
It's almost hilarious how much of a shitsorm this has turned into.
Strange isn't it? I even disagree with you, but because you've been quoted so much, I figured you didn't need more people arguing with you. I wonder what they hope to accomplish by having so many people quote somebody that it's impossible to reply to all of them.

OT: It's their website, they can do what they want with it.

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
Janus Vesta said:
AugustFall said:
It's the most popular game in the world.
Not quite. It's no where near Mario or Pokemon.
Janus Vesta said:
AugustFall said:
It's the most popular game in the world.
Not quite. It's no where near Mario or Pokemon.
it really is though. When did the first call of duty game come out: oct 2003. Mario has been around since the 80s and pokemon since the mid ninties. black ops has sold more than any pokemon game. I cant say for mario games because i cant find any numbers on them, but im guessing it has outsold all of them on an individual level as well save for the ones that came bundled with systems. If activision manages to somehpw not fuck everything up call of duty as a series will go on to become the best selling series of all time.

JoJo Bizzaro 7

Mar 7, 2010
Hehehe... Not that much of a shock, really. You really shouldn't expect anything more since the people running the site all pretty much like the same stuff. This ain't no "faithfully unbiased and super serious news" site, man.
It's amateur, baby, yeah! Opinions out the wazoo!

Sharkeyboi

May 19, 2009
Gotta give the OP props for using 'Biased' rather than the common misuse, 'Bias.' Words are your friends, get to know them. He kinda jumped the gun though, Call of Duty videos are dropping all over the shop. Here's a question; should I get COD or Battlefield? Both look pretty cool.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Well not much else has happened this weekend in terms of gaming.
I'd hardly call this being 'biased'.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
MercurySteam said:
Well it's probably one of the most popular series in the world. That said, it doesn't mean it's really good.
To be honest, I don't think that many people would buy iteration after iteration if they weren't good. I mean sure, they aren't original, but they tend to be well made games in general.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
A gaming website has the gall to report on a gaming event in the last past days we must inform the village elders.

I agree they biased at reviewing games however they just reporting the news however I'm surprised their is no PAX info.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
scnj said:
MercurySteam said:
Well it's probably one of the most popular series in the world. That said, it doesn't mean it's really good.
To be honest, I don't think that many people would buy iteration after iteration if they weren't good. I mean sure, they aren't original, but they tend to be well made games in general.
A VERY scripted game with a good graphic engine, without counting the numerous Michael Bay style explosions, doesn't mean it IS a "well made game" in my diccionary.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Orcus The Ultimate said:
scnj said:
MercurySteam said:
A VERY scripted game with a good graphic engine, without counting the numerous Michael Bay style explosions, doesn't mean it IS a "well made game" in my diccionary.
They run at a pretty constant 60fps, I've never found any of them to be overly glitchy or have any truly game breaking bugs, and they have multiplayer that keeps millions of people paying $60/£45 a year plus map packs.

They have to be doing something right.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
scnj said:
MercurySteam said:
I think that they buy game after game because they expect it to magically return to its awesome roots or may actually come up with something original to give the series a boost, but the games are instant money makers that the devs don't need to put much time or effort into and they know it too. I know this because it reminds me of the Halo games. And I bought all of them.

The only difference is that I believe that Bungie was legitimately trying to make better games.

rykaan

Dec 13, 2010
Woah woah, this went a bit nuts. I posted the thread as a giggle because i thought it silly that the editors 'picks' of the day would all be basically the same thing, not a big hate against CoD, and in the PC section of all things, being that CoD is primarily a console game. Maybe it was a slow game for games journalism buuuuut focusing all your attention on a single title seemed notable enough to point out. I thought it was a little odd to focus 80% on a single demographic.

Also by no means is gamespot some font of knowledge for my gaming 'needs', just a place to get some bulk release date schedule/a lazy video review when I cba to read something.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
MercurySteam said:
scnj said:
MercurySteam said:
I think that they buy game after game because they expect it to magically return to its awesome roots or may actually come up with something original to give the series a boost, but the games are instant money makers that the devs don't need to put much time or effort into and they know it too.
But if that's the case, why do they buy the map packs and rack up millions of hours playing the game online? I think that in most cases, the simplest explanation is the correct one, and the simplest explanation here is that people continue to buy the games because they like them.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
scnj said:
MercurySteam said:
scnj said:
MercurySteam said:
I think that they buy game after game because they expect it to magically return to its awesome roots or may actually come up with something original to give the series a boost, but the games are instant money makers that the devs don't need to put much time or effort into and they know it too.
But if that's the case, why do they buy the map packs and rack up millions of hours playing the game online? I think that in most cases, the simplest explanation is the correct one, and the simplest explanation here is that people continue to buy the games because they like them.
I have no doubt that people still like it, and up till Black Ops I would've said that it won't be losing popularity any time soon. But I've noticed recently that some of my friends that are hardcore CoD fans are losings faith in the series.

Perhaps MW3 will remedy that?