Gamespot Reviews FFXIV - 4/10

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
Ouch! [http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/finalfantasy14/review.html]

Have Square-Enix completely lost their touch?

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
More like Square-Enix ran out of bribery money.

Now lets just hope no one gets fired.

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
Gamespot gives AAA games scores lower than an 8? Know this, I did not. /star wars themed sarcasm

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
Lolth17 said:
Gamespot gives AAA games scores lower than an 8? Know this, I did not. /star wars themed sarcasm
Heh. It will be interesting to see which reviewers just slap an 8/10 on any hyped big name franchise no matter how much it sucks and which are honest enough to give FFXIV a score that it's flaws deserve. I'm surprised Gamespot gave an honest review.

GamerRelic

Mar 2, 2010
CmdrGoob said:
Lolth17 said:
Heh. It will be interesting to see which reviewers just slap an 8/10 on any hyped big name franchise no matter how much it sucks and which are honest enough to give FFXIV a score that it's flaws deserve. I'm surprised Gamespot gave an honest review.
This is a long overdue present. I forgive you gamestop.You get the guest room today instead of the floor.:/

Demonicfox

Apr 15, 2009
I won't lie i have the game and it's not that good i think it got the score that it deserves i played it for about 2 weeks and i was still in the first damn town because it doesn't tell you what to do

And yes they are loseing there touch i wish they would just got back to the basics when it came to RGP's because they where awosome back then and really why did they have to change so much nowadays considering that most new RPG's are just ok nowadays when back in the old days they kicked ass and are still being played all the time.
I say go back to the basics and see what you did back then and consider what you could do the make your games better but knowing squire they won't.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Well no surprise. Game sounded terrible, looked terrible, played terrible, and is terrible.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Watched the gameplay and commentary by 'Yogscast' and I can honestly say it was one of the most strange and terrifying things I have ever seen. I honestly can't see any appeal with the game whatsoever; The characters looks ridiculous, the setting is stupid, the gameplay boring, and the art design... erm... scary! Very pretty though, I guess I can give it that.

Watch for yourself if you don't believe me.

And yet I'm absolutely certain there will be those who defend the game to the death... Good for them I guess but I just don't understand, I really don't.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
heres how i think it went down
Head of Gamespot: "what the fuck? they gave me a much bigger boat for final fantasy 11...well to hell with them then!"

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
Wait, people still think Gamespot give credible, independent and unbiased reviews? What year are you guys living in 2000?

Michael Dagastino

Feb 22, 2010
When it comes to reviews I only trust those who i know personally (IE met them face to face at least once). I believe any review otherwise (except Yahtzee most the time) biased. If it is not because of the genre (a more understandable bias), it is because of who the devs/publishers are.

Scott Pilgrim vs the world, the game was a great game i thought, then i learned it was published by ubisoft (a company that i do not have a good record with) i still like the game as much as before, just now makes ubisoft look a little better in my eyes.

dado00

Oct 7, 2010
Hi, I only signed up to say this post.

Square-enix have been making rubbish games since FFXI because Squaresoft didn't just change their name, they were bought over by rival RPG game maker enix. The whole Final Fantasy department left or were fired bar one person and were replace by Enix's RPG team, this is why these Final Fantasy's are really bad.

The one person who is still working for them? Tetsuya - Charictar design. Nobuo has returned to this game aswell but only as a freelance employee.

Thanks for you time, spread the word the Final Fantasy's have not gotten worse, a new team have been making them.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I don't really listen to Gamespot anymore, at least half the reviews I see nowadays are either full of obvious bias or contain undiluted bullshit.

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
Square has never been good at making mmo's, FFXI was shit so im not surprised that this was given such bad reviews.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
After hearing The Spoony One's coverage of PAX, which ripped the game to shreds, I am in no way surprised and to have a professional review tear into it just as badly actually makes me laugh.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Hey, people are.realizing that pointy haired kids swinging physics defying swords in prerendered cutscenes suck! I do like Gamespot reviews over others, i think they are more acurate.

getbonus

Sep 14, 2010
Hope it's a good read at least!

dado00 said:
The whole Final Fantasy department left or were fired bar one person and were replace by Enix's RPG team...
You have got to be shitting me. Did you really just post this?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
bloodychimp said:
This is what you get for not paying for advertising at GameSpot.
"It's a lovely game. I'd hate to see something happen to it. Now here's our ad sales department. They're gonna make you an offer you can't refuse."