GameStop Giving Away Shiny Happy Pokemon

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Bloodstain said:
Kukakkau said:
Yaaaay another US only giveaway....

Also the moves they come with kinda suck (besides extremespeed) and WHY do they do these "you can only catc it if you attend these rare events"

If your catch phrase is going to be gotta catch em all you should at least make it possible for all players to do so
Basically, this.
I live in Germany and thus won't be able to catch them all. :(

Edit: And oh yeah, REM ftw.
Well you guys can catch them in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, just they won't have the special moves. This is basically for collectors and to draw some business in.

Oct 14, 2010
danpascooch said:
I hope it's a discrete wireless connect thing. It is a bit embarrassing showing up for these things sometimes.
When you see a small group of males 18-30 with DSes in the food court right across from the Gamestop, sitting separately yet as close to the store as possible and not making eye contact, you know there's a Pokemon event going on.

Given the fact that each event lasts multiple days, I'm assuming it will be discrete.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I hate you, for now I have "Shiny Happy People" stuck in my head. :(
Give me any other R.E.M. song in the world, but not that one.

Oh yeah. GameStop. They could be giving away free blowjobs and I still wouldn't set foot in that hellhole they call a store. I have plenty of legendary beasts already anyway, and you know they'll do a separate wi-fi event for Zoroark later on once Black and White are actually out in the states.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
icyneesan said:
Bloodstain said:
Kukakkau said:

Also the moves they come with kinda suck (besides extremespeed) and WHY do they do these "you can only catc it if you attend these rare events"

If your catch phrase is going to be gotta catch em all you should at least make it possible for all players to do so
Basically, this.

Well you guys can catch them in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, just they won't have the special moves. This is basically for collectors and to draw some business in.
But we cannot catch a Zoroark.

Besides, I'm a perfectionist and a collector. So yeah.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
bahumat42 said:
Kukakkau said:

umm your completely wrong but kudos for trying. If you have the old games then you can port t hem forward, just without the shiny and the "new moves".
Besides the fact you need an event legendary dog to get zoroark?

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Or you could hook your DS up to a gameshark that you own instead of the one at the kiosk in gamestop. I don't have any event pokemon but I decide I want any I will feal no remorse about picking up my own cheating device, instead of using nintendo's.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
hyperdrachen said:
Or you could hook your DS up to a gameshark that you own instead of the one at the kiosk in gamestop. I don't have any event pokemon but I decide I want any I will feal no remorse about picking up my own cheating device, instead of using nintendo's.
Except then your pokemon are not considered legit and people can tell. As well as Nintendo.

Feb 18, 2009
Bloodstain said:
icyneesan said:
Bloodstain said:
Kukakkau said:

Basically, this.

Well according to the bulbapedia entry, Zoroark is the evolution of Zorua, so presumably you can get one by catching a Zorua.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Shiny Raikou will be able to take advantage of the weather by using the Weather Ball move, shiny Entei can burn its opponents with the Flare Blitz, and shiny Suicune can use Sheer Cold to land a one-hit knock out (if lucky enough). All three will also have the ExtremeSpeed move, which inflicts damage with increased attack order priority.
I'm pretty sure Zap Cannon is a new addition to Raikou's move list, too.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
bahumat42 said:
Kukakkau said:
bahumat42 said:
Kukakkau said:

umm your completely wrong but kudos for trying. If you have the old games then you can port t hem forward, just without the shiny and the "new moves".
Besides the fact you need an event legendary dog to get zoroark?
check the wording "currently not available through play" focus on the currently. Nintendo aren't dicks. There will be a way eventually, this is just for impatient people.
I'd have to disagree - they always have event only pokemon. Last gen had darkrai, cresselia and shaymin (and some more I think). Gen before had jirachi and deoxys. And before was celebi and mew

Following the trend I'd say there's gonna be a few a event only ones since the numbers of them are increasing each gen

Hopefully they will make zoroark available to all - because it seems awesome and I have a beast of an idea what to do with it in versus matches

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Eri said:
hyperdrachen said:
Except then your pokemon are not considered legit and people can tell. As well as Nintendo.
The checks for pokemon legitimacy are not likely what you think they are. In the case of these three they might have some serial number convention that would identify them but I give the internet 2 weeks to figure it out and copy it. Other than that most legitimacy checks involve your pokemons IVs. Certian values/combinations of values throw a red flag. Illegal move, or ability mixes will also throw it off. Moreso the abilities because several event pokemon have moves they cannot actually learn.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Grinnbarr said:
Bloodstain said:
icyneesan said:
Bloodstain said:
Kukakkau said:

Basically, this.

Well according to the bulbapedia entry, Zoroark is the evolution of Zorua, so presumably you can get one by catching a Zorua.
I looked around and saw a video of how to get the zorua egg - you need a movie event celebi...yay

Feb 18, 2009
Kukakkau said:
Grinnbarr said:
Bloodstain said:
icyneesan said:
Bloodstain said:
Kukakkau said:

Basically, this.

I looked around and saw a video of how to get the zorua egg - you need a movie event celebi...yay
Can't you just catch one? You know, in the wild? With a pokeball of some description?

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Grinnbarr said:
Kukakkau said:
Grinnbarr said:
Bloodstain said:
icyneesan said:
Bloodstain said:
Kukakkau said:

Basically, this.

Can't you just catch one? You know, in the wild? With a pokeball of some description?
Nope you either need an event celebi to unmask the true identity of a child as a zorua to get one

Or the event legendary dog to fight a zoroark that is disguised as a woman and fights you in form of one of the dogs