GameStop Leaks Vita Memory Card Pricing

xxBucdieselxx

May 3, 2011
Sony has made an art out of shooting themselves in the foot. Just when you think "no they have to have learned by now?", they whip out their pistol look at us with an S*** eating grin, stick their foot out and pull the trigger.

Tvaren

Nov 9, 2009
Next generation of handhelds will ship without a START-button.

I'm looking forward to a future where each part of a console is sold separately and then needs to be assembled like a piece of IKEA furniture.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
and with that, everyone jumps off the vita bandwagon. I was actually considering geting the wifi version. You are fucking bonkers. I rather get the 3DS. and wait 3 years for your prices to drop

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Someone high up in Sony clearly has even more shares invested in Nintendo. First, the Vita gets pushed back to PAST the holiday season for the US, giving the 3DS plenty of time to pump out it's two big system sellers and have Christmas all to itself. THEN, if that wasn't absurd enough, we now have the impossibly priced memory cards which will basically guarantee no one will want this thing.

I know Sony likes to live in the past, but man. It's not enough to compete with Nintendo for handhelds and always lose, but now that Nintendo's handhelds are doing bad you have to purposely cripple yourself in order to keep the gap between you two? lol, pressure must have got to them.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Vita = stillborn

I can already see it's little miniature gravestone... it's so sad.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Secure-Digital-Memory-SDSDB-4096/dp/B000P1O73A/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322517965&sr=1-3

I'm serious, where do you get the bass balls to charge THIRTEEN TIMES AS MUCH for flash memory as it costs in RETAIL!?!!?

I find it HUGELY ironic that the only chance PSV now has is if there is a huge market of pirated cards, something that emulates $2 SD-cards to act as PSV cards via some sort of adapter... and this after decades of paranoia from Sony over piracy.

Sony, I understand trying to make some profit on the memory, but 1300%?!?!? You are charging as much for a 32GB memory stick as and 8GB ipod touch! Which covers dangerously the same ground and your PSV!

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPod-touch-8GB-Generation/dp/B001FA1O0O/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322518459&sr=1-2

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
I was just thinking the other day of all the games I haven't downloaded from Xbox Live because I don't have a hard drive big enough to store them. Don't Microsoft and Sony (and even Nintendo) realize, that without providing us the storage to buy their virtual games their profit margins are hurt worse than if they sold us storage at a reasonable price? (or, heaven forbid, include it in the console itself without making consumers pay extra for fairly standard functionality).

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Well I was all set to buy this on launch, the key word is WAS

Edit: Where did all the Vita hate come from, other than the price it looks great and every thread about it on the Escapist has been for praise