Gamestop Loses Its Mind

masterkeaton

Sep 3, 2008
Wow, Im not from America but I Have to say, thats a damn overpriced console there, they sell for around £189 in England, which I still think is too much for what you get

Oh well xD

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
metabetalligata said:
Wow, Im not from America but I Have to say, thats a damn overpriced console there, they sell for around £189 in England, which I still think is too much for what you get

Oh well xD
Isn't £189 around $300 US?

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Sweet, a ducky!

Is the outrage at the pricing?
Or the stupid add-ons?
Since I was not aware that the Wii had seen price cuts, my initial outrage was at the rubber duck and pirate tattoo.

Birras

Jun 19, 2008
This...is...BRILLIANT! Think about it, if kids don't won't a $250 game console, then what will make them want it is a dime-store rubber duck or water pistol!

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
Gamestop: Supporting (Edit: Group) suicide (Why else would they have a "Bath time" play-set that contains an electronic device)

Kermi said:
metabetalligata said:

Oh well xD
Useful thing about Google: Type in 189 pounds into USD

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Hmmmmmm. I cannot wait for Nintendo to actually see this. Gamestop have finally fallen off the wagon. Whackos. Absolute Whackos.

Apr 28, 2008
Russian_Assassin said:
I refuse to acknowledge that this is is true, or in fact, even remotely exists.

Beltom1066 said:
And who doesn't already have a rubber duck anyway?
I don't... :(
GTFO NOOB!!

... sorry, but if you don't have a rubber ducky than your parents don't love you. Thats the law of the land.

Back on topic, I wonder if anyone actually bought any of those things yet?

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Wow, holy crap. I am so glad that gamestop hasn't invaded my country or state yet. Screw you, gamestop (and any other american who thinks this is an appropriate way for a company to behave).

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
$249.99 is what a Wii costs, so Gamestop isn't doing anything to the price. I will admit, though, that the bundles are a little...odd. I mean, are you supposed to be taking your Wii in the tub with you?

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
dang, that's a badass 'tat. I've decided it, now i'll get me a Wii.

PS: Note the massive sarcasm.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Its seems like all these bundles are suggesting that you take your Wii into the bathtub or pool with you. They're planning on killing everyone! :O Oh noes!!

masterkeaton

Sep 3, 2008
Kermi said:
metabetalligata said:

Oh well xD
I have no idea man, Im terrible at working out the difference between punds and dollars :p

If what you say is right then no, the price is sligtly less here in england, but still extortionate

ActualOvaltine

Jul 1, 2009
I may just buy a Wii for the rubber ducky. I wonder what functionality it has and if it has a motion sensor..

Damien the Pigeon

Oct 23, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Thier site was hacked? I dunno...
Dude, that has to be it. I mean, I don't think I've ever actually liked anyone I have met who works at a gamestop (everyone who works there in my town is a complete ass), but this takes insanity to another level entirely.