Gamestop Loses Its Mind

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
No way this can be real. Knowing Gamestop, they would nickle and dime you to make up for the cost of those little toys. They would cost at least a few cents extra then the regular system package.

masterkeaton

Sep 3, 2008
Andaxay said:
metabetalligata said:
Wow, Im not from America but I Have to say, thats a damn overpriced console there, they sell for around £189 in England, which I still think is too much for what you get

Oh well xD
Where are you shopping?! The store I work at sell them for £179.99, and I know supermarkets have taken them down in price in the past, too (don't know if that was permanant, though). They've been that price since I started working there in September '07.
Yep, There's my bad memmory again, ok, £179.99, But you gotta agree, that is too much for what you get

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Expensive is nothing new to me. After all companies are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us. But what the hell is with the water gun and rubber duck? That's insane, random and also weird.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
metabetalligata said:
Andaxay said:
metabetalligata said:
Wow, Im not from America but I Have to say, thats a damn overpriced console there, they sell for around £189 in England, which I still think is too much for what you get

Oh well xD
Where are you shopping?! The store I work at sell them for £179.99, and I know supermarkets have taken them down in price in the past, too (don't know if that was permanant, though). They've been that price since I started working there in September '07.
Yep, There's my bad memmory again, ok, £179.99, But you gotta agree, that is too much for what you get
Mmm, to say there's a severe lack of decent games, it's a little much, especially when you take into consideration the Xbox 360 starts at £129.99 these days. Great for kids, I suppose. But I find the PS3 price extortionate, even if it does have a fancy Blu-Ray player. I would never even consider wasting £300 on that, and they used to be £450. Ridiculous.

£179.99 is roughly $293, so you guys get it cheaper, apparently.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Gather said:
Gamestop: Supporting (Edit: Group) suicide (Why else would they have a "Bath time" play-set that contains an electronic device)

Kermi said:
metabetalligata said:

Oh well xD
Isn't £189 around $300 US?
Useful thing about Google: Type in 189 pounds into USD
Thank you for your useful advice, I will now consult Google before I post anything ever, instead of relying on my own rough knowledge, for fear of looking foolish on an internet forum.

For the record, 189 GBP is $308.85 US (rounded).

ThePine

Jan 6, 2008
ohgodalex said:
I just noticed that the Duck and Squirt Gun bundles are limited to 2 per household, while the Pirate Tattoo bundle is limited to 1. What.
That's just because the Tattoo is SO popular. The Wii's main target demographic are Pirates, after all.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
The bundles cost the same as unbundled wiis.

Gamestop: "What? I didn't order all these rubber duckys and squirt guns!"

Delivery Man: "Not my problem, sir. Just sign here."

Gamestop: "Maybe I can bundle them with all these extra wiis. It's summer right? Someone's gotta buy them."

Delivery Man: "That sounds like a stupid idea, sir."

Gamestop: "What do you know? You're a bath toy delivery man."

The delivery man then starts to cry and gamestop goes on with their crazy idea.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
They could have at least come up with a slightly more macho squirt gun [http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/images/cp20002guns.jpg], don't you think?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Aunel said:
I already have a rubber duck, swiped it from the emirates towers years ago.
You are awesome...only because I did that exact same thing.

Anyway, free water pistol, OHBOY. It really was a plot to electrocute all the casual gamers wasn't it Gamestop...I mean it can't be much else. Water themed useable items? Oh you coy sadist.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
ae86gamer said:
Its seems like all these bundles are suggesting that you take your Wii into the bathtub or pool with you. They're planning on killing everyone! :O Oh noes!!
Thats always been Nintendo's master plan

And seriously, wtf????? $250 for a wii seems retarded. thats what , £180. You can buy a 360 for less. Still, i wouldnt mind the ducky an the water gun =P

Aunel

May 9, 2008
Charli said:
Aunel said:
I already have a rubber duck, swiped it from the emirates towers years ago.
You are awesome...only because I did that exact same thing.

Anyway, free water pistol, OHBOY. It really was a plot to electrocute all the casual gamers wasn't it Gamestop...I mean it can't be much else. Water themed useable items? Oh you coy sadist.
and I was stupid enough to go to the 51 floor, with my fear of heights, oh the horror.

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
I've ordered my take a bath with buddy bundle.

I'm not going to use the Wii I just want that cute fucking duck, damn marketing geniuses.