GameStop Says The Last Guardian is Canceled; Sony Says No - UPDATED

Caverat

Jun 11, 2010
This is the first I heard of this game. I am hoping it does come out, it sounds fantastic in the purest meaning of the word!

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
If TLG is a half-assed mediocrity, Ueda is finished, with Sony, without Sony or on his own. He owes it to all the people who have been advertising his team's work, for free, for all these years, even though his games sold very badly. He owes it to his niche audience who have kept him employed and taking his sweet time with Blizzard-like development cycles and to all the game journalists who never stopped praising his games to deliver the game that he promised, and he has to make it GOOD. Behaving like a 3dRealms employee is fucking unacceptable, unless Sony somehow fucked up his game, in which case he needs to be honest with his fanbase, come out and say it out loud. They are all he's got. Dev studios are closing left and right with 3 times as many sales, what has kept him alive is overwhelming critical acclaim and fan devotion, he must not fuck this up by being a douchebag at the last second if he knows what's good for him.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
From what I've seen, I think I'll enjoy this game. That being said, I'm not really attached to Ico so whatever happens won't really affect me too negatively if it does get cancelled. However, I'd prefer it keep on truckin' of course.

My friend was the one who mentioned that the game might be cancelled and he was really unimpressed with the mere possibility.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Wow, I cancel my EDGE subscription and take a break from Escapist and the world collapses.

Thank God it's not being cancelled. Now, hopefully it will remain the game we expect even with the missing pieces.