Gaming Jokes

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
IIRC it used a paper scissors rock approach to combo breakers in the classic games. Does that still hold true here? If so then yeah, if the dude kept using the same opener/linker that would make things much easier to counter. What’s odd though is the combo never seemed to actually “break”, making it look more like an exploit or some crazy restand action than anything. Not to mention losing severely anyways lol.
The reboot uses a "counter-breaker" system. Ordinarily a combo will only allow a certain amount of damage before the opponent falls over (unless you "cash out" the combo with an ender), but if you can bait the opponent into trying a combo-breaker that hits while you're in a counter-breaker state, you essentially break the breaker and get a reset on the combo's damage limit, while locking them out from trying to break again for several seconds. As the video shows, if you can get the opponent to try to combo-break into a counter-breaker several times, you can essentially prolong the combo until the opponent runs out of life.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The reboot uses a "counter-breaker" system. Ordinarily a combo will only allow a certain amount of damage before the opponent falls over (unless you "cash out" the combo with an ender), but if you can bait the opponent into trying a combo-breaker that hits while you're in a counter-breaker state, you essentially break the breaker and get a reset on the combo's damage limit, while locking them out from trying to break again for several seconds. As the video shows, if you can get the opponent to try to combo-break into a counter-breaker several times, you can essentially prolong the combo until the opponent runs out of life.

Ahh yes that would explain it, thanks.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Not gonna lie, referring to the PC of one of these games as a psychopathic mute guy is pretty spot on.

Also, surprisingly on point despite the jokes. Glad he included the bonkers Submarine DLC.

Also, going old school for this one. Though, considering Hitler was apparently fucking nuts in his last weeks, I wouldn't be shocked if he did ask for his mech suit, only to be enraged when he was told mech suits don't exist yet.

Last edited:

william32

Jan 31, 2021
Country
PK
What problem can both gamers and popular musicians relate to?
The fans are too noisy.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I didn't know you're a Linkin Park fan. Glad to see another fan. If not, you still made this fan smile and laugh.
I was more into trash and prog metal when Linkin Park was at its peak popularity, but I still have a soft spot for Hybrid Theory. Provided the background tunes to some of my more fondly nostalgic memories of my teens.
Lol, is that an Ultimate Muscle Roller Legend reference?

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was more into trash and prog metal when Linkin Park was at its peak popularity, but I still have a soft spot for Hybrid Theory. Provided the background tunes to some of my more fondly nostalgic memories of my teens.
I got all of their albums on my mp3 and on CDs. Still listen to their songs often.