Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Apparently PT was once again playable on PS5 until Konami put the kibosh on it.
I seriously don't know what Konamis problem is.
PT on PS5? Kill it.
FOX Engine ready to go after MGSV? Make a shitty zombie game out of it and then kill it.
People want an HD version of Snake Eater? Make a HD Pacikoslot that is only playable in Japan.
Oh, and the mediocre crap that was the last Contra game.

At least we got the Castlevania show and a release of the early Castlevania games in a collection, so that's something.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I seriously don't know what Konamis problem is.
PT on PS5? Kill it.
FOX Engine ready to go after MGSV? Make a shitty zombie game out of it and then kill it.
People want an HD version of Snake Eater? Make a HD Pacikoslot that is only playable in Japan.
Oh, and the mediocre crap that was the last Contra game.

At least we got the Castlevania show and a release of the early Castlevania games in a collection, so that's something.
I'm quite surprised the Castlevania show is actually pretty good. It deserves something good since we're certainly not getting anything worth a damn anymore in terms of games.

Although, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a hell of a SotN follow-up; at least in the spiritual sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I'm quite surprised the Castlevania show is actually pretty good. It deserves something good since we're certainly not getting worth a damn anymore in terms of games.

Although, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a hell of a SotN follow-up; at least in the spiritual sense.
I want to say we were due for a good video game show/movie but there's been so many awful ones it's hard to argue probability in it's favor.
If you haven't played Persona 5, this is pretty much the first few hours summed up in 11 minutes.

Also, every WW2 shooter ever.

I watched that FPS one and all I could think is "Man, this COD game has really good graphics".

Anyway, I know it's a joke game, but I get a huge kick out of this.

The idea of Goose Game being a Metal Gear game makes it even more amusing. Adding the MGS2 theme just feels perfect.

"I'm a duck. Quack Quack Gobble Gobble"

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I want to say we were due for a good video game show/movie but there's been so many awful ones it's hard to argue probability in it's favor.

I watched that FPS one and all I could think is "Man, this COD game has really good graphics".

Anyway, I know it's a joke game, but I get a huge kick out of this.

The idea of Goose Game being a Metal Gear game makes it even more amusing. Adding the MGS2 theme just feels perfect.

"I'm a duck. Quack Quack Gobble Gobble"

That was worth a sub to his channel. His commentary over the MGS track was solid gold. “Rake in the lake...this was a gift from Jeffy. But it turns out, Jeffy was an illusion. I was actually...”

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
TAUNT/AGGRO THE FUCKING BOSS!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
That was worth a sub to his channel. His commentary over the MGS track was solid gold. “Rake in the lake...this was a gift from Jeffy. But it turns out, Jeffy was an illusion. I was actually...”
I also appreciated his "Summary of Metal Gear Solid". It's 7 minutes long and it somehow manages to sum up the entire series pretty well. Especially "In Metal Gear Solid V, you play Venom Snake". That's literally the only thing he says about it in the entire summary and it's spot on accurate for how important it is to the series as a whole.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Well since this is now a Dunkey thread, how about his Kingdom Hearts Rundown.
Having never played KIngdom Hearts and with no plans to ever do so, I'm going to assume that video is 90% accurate.

Also because I refuse to play the 17 games across 120 game consoles to get the whole story.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I also appreciated his "Summary of Metal Gear Solid". It's 7 minutes long and it somehow manages to sum up the entire series pretty well. Especially "In Metal Gear Solid V, you play Venom Snake". That's literally the only thing he says about it in the entire summary and it's spot on accurate for how important it is to the series as a whole.

Well, when he puts it like that...ughhh Kojima, what have you done?!

Having said that, it’s pretty telling that the series has an entire database/encyclopedia dedicated to it too; at least up through MGS4. Back then, it had me floored...and it actually kinda still does. Shame it’s only available as a PSN download for PS3, meaning probably not anymore AFAIK. But maybe in terms of sanity preservation that’s a good thing.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

It's 25 min long but I really enjoyed this one. I helps it's from someone who really likes the series making fun of the 3rd game(and the series in general). Especially on nigh on incomprehensible the lore can seem to someone just walking into this for the first time. Obviously some spoilers for the gameplay flow and it's bosses, since he does end up tackling most if not all the bosses.

I'm not gonna lie, I can't see the abyss watchers anymore without calling them "The little pointy hats".

There's also two sequels, each covering one of the DLCS.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Seeing as this is kinda the dunkey dunk thread, just gonna throw another one in, as it perfectly encapsulated my own experience with Spelunky, therefore is the correct subjective opinion for all the games;

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Seeing as this is kinda the dunkey dunk thread, just gonna throw another one in, as it perfectly encapsulated my own experience with Spelunky, therefore is the correct subjective opinion for all the games;
"Help me, Doggy!"

I've never played Spelunky but I know enough about it from Adam Millard(The Architect of Games) to suspect this is exactly how well I'd do. I'm pretty sure I'd be begging the dog for help too after a bit.

And because Dark Souls is once again dominating my thoughts....

Yeah, it's dumb, but the idea of everyone seeing Sekiro/Wolf as a massive troll and he acts like a crazy person most of the time is just amusing to me. Also the fact Sekiro is an Italian screaming in poorly done Japanese is also funny.

BACKSTABU!

Last edited: