Gaming mouse, are they worth it?

Apr 14, 2009
I use a standard Logitech mouse, nothin special. But what Im wondering is, is it really worth dishing out that 50 Pounds Sterling for a mouse that you can change the weight, or that is shaped in such a way that your thumb is nice and comfy?

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I use an MX Revelution. I can honestly say, that I could not live without it. If it broke, I would hae to get a new one. It is that good.

Babyfire

Apr 3, 2009
I have a microsoft mouse that has two extra buttons on the side. it's nice for WoW cause you can map the thumb one to make you run like num lock on the keyboard does. Personally I don't think having weights are that ig of a deal, but comfort is. If I'm gaming I want to be comfortable.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
I personally use a 2nd Generation G5. It's a solid mouse. I used to have a 1st Generation G5 but the wire pooped out on me.

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
They're not NEEDED, but they do end up being more handy than an out of the box one. I got my first, and still my only, gaming mouse about a year ago. Its an Ideazon (now Steelseries) Reaper Edge.. Got it along with my Merc Stealth keyboard, in conjunction they've made it seem more easy/fun to play games.. but it may just be a perspective thing =P

I like em, especially the programmable buttons and on-the-fly DPI switching.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
center]
[http://www.imagehosting.com/][/center]

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
If you do a lot of gaming, then I'd say they're pretty nice.

I have my favorite mouse I've ever owned right now it a Logitech MX518, 1800 DPI. Most comfortable mouse ever. And only $35!

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
No. They're just pretentious pseudo-"jewelry" for pretentious people... Gamer's version of "bling".

Xrysthos

Apr 13, 2009
Personally I'd say it makes all the difference when it comes to comfort and accuracy - be it editing photos, movies or gaming - not only FPS's where accuracy is everything, but also for other games. I have a Razer Diamondback, and I really like it. I've had it for several years, and it's never failed me. I have long fingers, so it's the perfect mouse for me - try them out in a store and see what fits. Most tech stores have several on display, so you can try them there before ordering off the internet, which is probably a lot cheaper.

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
Bah, I've never needed one, they just seem to expensive to warrant a purchase. Right now I'm still playing very well on a in the box microsoft mouse, it was pretty much the first one that worked by lasers and it still works despite the fact that I have on occasion beaten people with it.

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
i just have a mouse, it is my trusty compainon. it is not a gaming mouse. im not gonna oppose peopls opions but i dont see the point really

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Depends on the amount of gaming you do, and the genre you play most often. I figure for a FPS,it gives you the edge you need.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
I've been PC gaming for years and just used standard MS mouses..currently I'm using a Microsft Wheel Mouse Optical USB..

Personally I would rather spend my money on a game before upgrading the mouse.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
0110100110 said:
Wow, that thing looks sweet I must admit.
Damn straight. You see those back/forward buttons on the side? I'd rather lose a finger or two before I lose those.

The search button below the frictionless scroll wheel? I couldn't put a price on it... in a bad way. That is, until I set it to "show desktop". Now I couldn't put a price on it in a good way.

As for battery life, the thing takes at most 30 minutes to charge to full. Days of heavy use to wear it down. Battery life is not an issue. It's that good.

Not to say this mouse is perfect. I fyou have a particularly large hand, this mouse may not be as ergonomic as advertised, and the document flip feture is basically useless, and I still haven't found a use for the document flip wheel. Still, unless I were going to get a mouse tailor made for me, I doubt I could do any better, and I doubt you could either.

Bottom Line: If you are looking for sex in mouse form, this is for you, although you had better be prepared to pay for it. Also, if mobility is an issue, I would reccomend looking into a VX revolution. If you want to save a few bucks, go for the ugly stepsister, the MX1100. Want to save more than a few bucks? Go for the younger brother, the MX620.

boomo_lao

Mar 1, 2009
I've had three or four high end mice (a few razers and a Habu) but they have all started to break in one way or the other, contacts dieing (you can only hear that fucking USB-sound so many times before you /wrist) the grips tearing off etc. Now I run parallel to my wacomtab the cheapest logitech kind available and it works flawlessly and is really lightweight which I like, and it is nintendo-unbreakable. Unless you are a hardcore fpsguy, I'd say a regular Microsoft Explorer-style or logitech equivalent will be more than enough.