Gaming pranker and his family fall victim to extreme revenge prank

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
So apparently someone played a prank on this DJ Keemstar guy that resulted in his house being raided by a SWAT team:

Now I originally thought this was awful and the poor guy didn't deserve it, but upon locating one of his griefing videos, which is basically him brutally bullying and sexually harassing a girl online for an entire game, I am less inclined to feel any sympathy:

Seems to me he brought it on himself. The guy is a complete jackass and a disgrace to the gaming community. It's morons like this who give Jack Thompson and the anti-gaming media fuel for their fires.

He calls shit like this an 'innocent prank' and 'just fun and games'??? No. In my eyes this is blatant sexual harassment. If someone did this to one of my buddies, male or female, in a bar or somewhere public, he'd go home with a broken nose - if he was lucky.

It's pretty disturbing to see the amount of 'likes' and 'LMFAOs' on the video. What's more the dude is married... I certainly wouldn't be happy to hear my other half doing this to people online.

Maybe I'm just old and behind the times but there is no way in hell speaking to a woman like that would be acceptable in my peer group unless she was in on the joke and not upset by it, which this girl clearly is. It's bullying, it sucks and I don't like it.

What do you guys think?

Did he deserve such an extreme retribution?

And do any of you actually think his 'innocent prank' is funny?
Guess which moderator banned him from XboxLive?

Rumour has it its "THE PRO", the moderator who destroyed a modding community all on his own.

I'll try to find links to prove, in the meantime.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I'm thinking we all put 10p in a bucket and send it to this guy, he needs to get laid!

Maybe he actually thinks he is being funny, I have no idea.

MadManZac

Jul 21, 2010
Spaggiari said:
MadManZac said:
Its entirely the girls fault for not leaving the match or muting the guy. Yes the guy is a complete douche but really she has no excuse or anyone to blame but herself for the messages and the harassment.
Your attitude is disgusting.
I'm sorry but thats just how I see it. If you dont want to be harassed while playing online you can mute/block the person or just leave the match, I've done it myself before. Its not like she didnt have a choice but to sit there and take it. And again I completely agree the the guy is a total tool bag who deserves a few smacks across the face, but somebody calling the police and getting SWAT involved is way over reacting to some stupid internet trolling.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
MadManZac said:
Spaggiari said:
MadManZac said:
Its entirely the girls fault for not leaving the match or muting the guy. Yes the guy is a complete douche but really she has no excuse or anyone to blame but herself for the messages and the harassment.
I'm sorry but thats just how I see it. If you dont want to be harassed while playing online you can mute/block the person or just leave the match, I've done it myself before. Its not like she didnt have a choice but to sit there and take it. And again I completely agree the the guy is a total tool bag who deserves a few smacks across the face, but somebody calling the police and getting SWAT involved is way over reacting to some stupid internet trolling.
Thats the thing, why is she getting harassed in the first place?

Why does she have to quit every game because there's some asshole in the lobby?, no, she bought the game and she abides by the rules of conduct, its her right not to be harassed like that. They don't abide by the rules, hence they get banned.

Frenger

May 31, 2009
So, now we know he got a daughter, would it be funny if people started to make jokes about her untimely although false demise over XBL? Or his spouse? People climbin? in your windows, snatchin? his wife up? :D

Would that be "going to far"? Those who defends him and his behaviour must be touched in the head. I love a good joke, but I don't think they even for a moment thought about what the victims felt. That is what is I have a problem with. Being a douche can be fun and games, but at least have the heart in the right place ... this guy, the one played the prank and those who cheered them on doesn't seem to have one, at first glance.

SWAT was a step to far, or several leaps at least. But I can't feel sorry for him.

Anyway, here is a little ditty, that is slightly relevant to the topic.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
ColdStorage said:
MadManZac said:
Spaggiari said:
MadManZac said:

Why does she have to quit every game because there's some asshole in the lobby?, no, she bought the game and she abides by the rules of conduct, its her right not to be harassed like that. They don't abide by the rules, hence they get banned.
Yes, banned, not have a SWAT team sent to their house! That's the thing.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
ItsAChiaotzu said:
ColdStorage said:
MadManZac said:
Spaggiari said:
MadManZac said:

Yes, banned, not have a SWAT team sent to their house! That's the thing.
That I agree on, I don't agree to the "its her own fault for staying" answer, she's paid for the game and its her right to not be harassed.

Shraggler

Jan 6, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
What do you guys think?
I think this guy seems to be doing it solely because it's a female and he's trying to grow his pathetic e-peen. He's also using more vile (and simple) language to get his kicks.

I think one needs to grow a pair, on the Internet or otherwise, especially when one travels to a venue where one doesn't know anyone else. This guy isn't unique - he just happens to record his "escapades". There are tons of idiots out there. I mean really, do I have to point that out?

I guess the "remarkable" thing to me is this guy was able to send her unsolicited spam through (I'm guessing) XBL. That is the only viable harassment I see here. Verbal harassment is a joke. You censor one guy, and where does it end? That's where growing a pair comes into play. No one has to be polite and nice to anyone else. You just have to deal with it. One thing the girl could've done is ignored the guy. Should he still press on, leave the server. Yeah, it sucks that you have to do that sometimes, but that's life. Note: I'm not blaming this on her in any way - it's just what I would've, and have, done in a similar situation.

I'm pretty sure XBL also has a customer service component there. Since this dolt is dumb enough to record these idiotic trollings and put them up publicly, the girl (or anyone else so offended) can easily report this to the CS team and have that guy lose his subscription, get suspended, or whatever.

MiracleOfSound said:
Did he deserve such an extreme retribution?
He does deserve retribution, that much is obvious. But wasting the police and SWAT's time is not the direction to go. That is a very serious offense and anybody doing that is going to be in more trouble than the troll. By far.

Like I said above, this situation is best dealt with via the XBox Live Customer Service group. They want to keep quality and courteous players over some doofus harassing the former. Every company would. So they actively try to keep those players that follow the rules and behave subscribed to their service.

If anything, this is a step backwards. This dumbass is probably going to be bragging about this and using it for publicity and sympathy. What really needs to happen is this guy needs to be ignored on a massive scale. That's it. Simple as that.

MiracleOfSound said:
And do any of you actually think his 'innocent prank' is funny?
It stops being innocent once someone's paid subscription is adversely affected by his actions. So the message spamming to that girl's gamer-tag causing her to have to create a new one is a definite adverse affect. The fact that it could possibly lead to actual privacy concerns and her real identity being compromised is a huge cause for concern and deserves a swift kick to the nuts.

No, I don't think this is funny. It's reprehensible, childish and unimaginative. Cheap laughs for small minds. Snore.

MadManZac

Jul 21, 2010
ColdStorage said:
MadManZac said:
Spaggiari said:
MadManZac said:

I'm not saying that the guy shouldnt have been banned, of course guys like him should be banned for ruining online play. But its not like she didnt have any control of the situation, instead of whining and telling him to shut up she should been the better person and just muted him. Trolls act like this because they want reaction from people, ignore them and they go away. I stand by what I said, calling the police and getting SWAT involved is way over reacting to some stupid internet trolling. It doesnt make anyone better then the troll, in fact IMO I think it makes you a lower level then the troll.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
MadManZac said:
ColdStorage said:
MadManZac said:
Spaggiari said:
MadManZac said:

I'm not saying that the guy shouldnt have been banned, of course guys like him should be banned for ruining online play. But its not like she didnt have any control of the situation,

Have you read the entire story?, she was harassed on PM's which can't be muted.
MadManZac said:
instead of whining and telling him to shut up she should been the better person and just muted him.
She was the better person (and still is may I add), she's not the one being a dick to people over Xboxlive, she's trying to play a game, this cannot be said of this DJ idiot.

MadManZac said:
Trolls act like this because they want reaction from people, ignore them and they go away. I stand by what I said, calling the police and getting SWAT involved is way over reacting to some stupid internet trolling. It doesnt make anyone better then the troll, in fact IMO I think it makes you a lower level then the troll.
She ignored him, the response was for him and his buddies to get worse.

Also, what makes you think that she called the SWAT team in?, its not been confirmed who called them in, it wasn't this girl, it was someone else.

Maybe it was WingsofRedemption (the COD video uploader that this DJ guy tried to hack his account), maybe it was The Pro (the XboxLive mod who banned him), maybe it was Stepto (the Microsoft worker who banned the rest of his accounts).

So this guy pissed off a lot of people, not just this one girl, anyone of them could be behind this.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
He deserved it, he deserved it bad but I don't think his family did.

And no, he isn't funny; he sounds like a douche.

Vladamir69

Dec 18, 2008
If you were in a bar and a guy started harassing your sister/girlfriend/friend and then told her 'if you don't like it then leave', would you tell her she was fuelling the fire by staying?[/quote]

It would be in bad taste to leave, but at the rate at which the encounter was going hostility could rise and it could escalate... for the safety of my friend i would leave with her, or report the man to get him kicked out either way someone has to leave (the quicker option would be to leave, while reporting him might not work).

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Irridium said:
Wow, what an asshole. I don't feel much sympathy for him. Actually I feel no sympathy for him. He's a god damn adult and he's acting like a damn child. Screw him.

However, why didn't the girl just mute him?
This. Deserves a fucking SWAT team fucking shit up.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I actually thought that was funny, the ending added effect, especially the music. She didn't seem that mad, and please don't flame me.