Gaming + Sex = Bad Sex Life?

redstar alpha

Dec 9, 2007
this reminds me of the time two people where arguing over ps3 or 360 and just as they had got to a little dip in the argument i cut in with a loud "SEX BEATS EVERYTHING"

on topic i was once lucky enough to find a girl who was dynamite in games and in...well...that other place *puts hands in pockets* and i can say to any ladies out there that there is somthing amazingly hot about a woman that knows her games.

p.s. we broke up because she was what i like to call "a leeching *****"

zirnitra

Jun 2, 2008
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
Zirnitra, a xenophobe is person with an irrational dislike or fear of foreigners. Although I guess it could still kinda work in this context.

To answer the original question, I am a casual gamer and have very little sex life. But that might just be down to my excessive and annoying pedantry that makes me compulsively correct other people's use of words like "xenophobic".
I'm sorry I just thought it was an anxiety towards people. I suppose agoraphobia or social anxiety disorder would of been a better choice of words.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
I don't have a sex life, mainly because my age will land me in jail.

On second thought, it'd be worth it:D

Wolvaroo

Jan 1, 2008
I actually get the complete opposite and get asked if I wanted to play games instead of cuddling! My solution is to find "girlfriend" games to play depending on what your lady is in to. For me just hanging out on my bed with our DSs or Wii (she gets motion sick from many games so the selection of fun and easy 2D games is great) works out splendidly for both of us. And when all else fails REZ is multiplayer ;)

LoorTheDarkElf

Jun 22, 2008
Okay, I realize according to the internet female gamers don't exist, but I'm pretty sure I'm real so there's at least one. Currently have a boyfriend of 7 months, and by sterotypes (As much as I hate them with burning passion) he's a gamer too. Now then he's not a sit down gamer, he prefurs DDR to bioshock and if he's alone he might play Karoke Revoltion, on the other hand I'm the one in the background kicking major rear at Bioshock and every Naruto game that ever came into existance with its own umbilical cord, and though he hates playing sit down games he does love watching me play.

This is our favorite time to get frisky. Seriously. He will come to my house JUST to watch me play bioshock. My usual set up is a gaint old chair that's so comfy its a sin, a giant blanket, a pillow over my lap so my carpal tunnel effected wrists don't kill me in the middle of a fire fight with splicers, and a bowl of popcorn. Of course with the boyfriend he makes me sit on his lap so he can enjoy sinful comfort but thanks to the pillow on my lap even when my parents are around his hands tend to wonder.

Trust me, there is nothing more entertaining yet fustrating than trying to kill a big daddy while your significant other is being a bloody tease. XPPP

So in my world... Gaming is good for the sex life, and I probably could have cut that rant down to one paragraph and still made my point, but Loor cares not.

Gooble

May 9, 2008
I'd say possibly-I didn't get out much in earlier secondary school due to gaming mostly, which may have given me more confidence now, or I might have met someone who actually likes me.

But overall I'd say it's more down to me not being overly attractive, the lack of confidence to actual ask people out, and atm there's no one who I'm really in to

Lance Icarus

Oct 12, 2007
While keeping details to a bare minimum, gaming has not affected my sex life and I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I think I would love it if we as a (society|nation|species, pick one) would stop treating sex as the most important thing we could ever be doing with our lives and using it as some sort of measure of how worthwhile our lives are.

Then again, that might just be the jaded misanthrope who has decided that human interaction should be avoided as much as possible in me speaking. That, not my gaming habits, is what influences my "sex life".

BlazeTheVampire

May 14, 2008
I've never had a problem with the two. Then again, I'm a girl, so I think it's a different set of rules. Guys find the fact that I play games attractive and it has never been a turn off in a relationship. The only points where I can see issues:
1) Guy plays games at a near-constant rate, not spending time with family, friends, girlfriend, work, or shower. At which point, this guy needs to go out and have some human interaction, because this level of antisocial behavior is in no way healthy, and if he does have a girlfriend, she has a right to be angry and withhold the sexy time.

2) Guy manages to level out gaming and social interaction, but girlfriend is entirely too clingy and paranoid that his gaming habits will lead him to an extreme level of antisocial behavior. She demands all of his time and doesn't tolerate "hold on until I get to a save point". At which point, guy needs to a get a better girlfriend, because she's trying to change him and therefore never liked who he was to begin with.

My guy friends tend to have the latter issue. To put it briefly, they shouldn't affect each other, although I've always deemed a relationship as more important.

YuppySlime

Apr 28, 2008
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
and have very little sex life. But that might just be down to my excessive and annoying pedantry that makes me compulsively correct other people's use of words like "xenophobic".
Amen to that

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Never been an issue but there's a helluva lot more to talk about on dates if she's into it. There is certainly an art to making my gaming habit sound cool when they ask about it though.

YuppySlime

Apr 28, 2008
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
(Just to make this clear: you know I was joking, right?)
I had no clue, hahahaha.

Which means its my first time making an ass out of myself on the escapist!

Thats sort of like a forum milestone you know?

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I'm a hardcore gamer and though my significant other and I are going through a bit of a dry spell at the moment, but we're not INactive all together and it has nothing to do with my gaming habits.

YuppySlime

Apr 28, 2008
Jallil Vlos said:
You know that's not a good thing right?

Well, its sort of bound to happen if you stay somewhere long enough. And most of the time its a misunderstanding. Like this time. In my defense, its hard to discriminate between a joke/sarcasm and the real deal when you're reading it.

And you know, I only said that to sort of loosen things up after said misunderstanding. Of course its never a good thing to unintentionally make an ass out of yourself.

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
Jallil Vlos said:
Got a question of my own. What gives when your playing a game, and suddenly your phone is ringing, there are people wanting favors, but as SOON as you shut the game off, said things go away?
That one's easy - telephones are the tool of the devil. Nothing good comes across the telephone. If you win the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes they come to your house. If you miss a Publisher's Clearing House payment they call you on the phone.