Gaming Showcase 2024

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Black Myth
Ok well good to know the game is actually a real game, I was skeptical.
Some of the enemies look cool. Doll head guy and some apes, ok.
The rest... yeah, whatever. As the Easy Allies was describing boss fights I mouthed along "second phase" as he said it, which shows how same-y this genre has gotten.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As the Easy Allies was describing boss fights I mouthed along "second phase" as he said it, which shows how same-y this genre has gotten.
Yeah, I never cared for second phases in these games, which is part of the reason why they don't hold any interest to me. I've seen better second phases from most action games. Even Oneechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers got it right with its final boss battles. It helps that even most action games use sparingly, or on unique and significant momentst.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Well, I guess we have one last showcase. I honestly don't know what to expect from Nintendo; Their showcases always have been all over the place.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well, I guess we have one last showcase. I honestly don't know what to expect from Nintendo; Their showcases always have been all over the place.
Most of their show cases are between good or fine. I admit that I don't tune in as much anymore. Unless it's something really important or specific when it comes to nintendo.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

There's a rumor going around there's going to be something Donkey Kong related. Tho what everyone really wants is of course Prime 4. Or Silksong. But, you know, probably not gonna happen, especially not the latter.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

With the Switch successor around the corner which this Direct will not talk about I doubt they'll reveal a major release; their resources are probably being spent on titles for the successor.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Well, can't say I expected a new Mario & Luigi. Or a Fantasian port, felt like that would be Apple exclusive forever. Or a Legend of Zelda game where you actually play as Zelda. That "something Donkey Kong related" rumor was on the money tho.

Oh, and hey, Metroid Prime 4 has resurfaced

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Huh, that Nintendo Direct wasn't too bad!

Yeah that new Mario and Luigi game looks pretty damn good!

I didn't realize Fantasian is a port, but I'm glad to see Sakaguchi and Uematsu working on something together.

I honestly thought that was gonna be Oracle games remake, but hey, I'll take thsi zelda-focused Zelda game.

More on Metroid Prime 4. About time! And it looks good on top of that.

Dragon Quest 1-3 remake looks amazing. I'm sure Toriyama is looking down smiling at how it turned out

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
That was a bloody brilliant Nintendo Direct for me. New Mario & Luigi, new isometric Zelda, Metroid Prime 4 footage (looking fantastic), Fantasian port, Dragon Age 1-3 HD remakes, and Perfect Dark & Four Swords on Switch Online?! A lot of stuff I'm interested in.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Not to pat myself on the back, but I remember years ago talking about how it would be cool if we finally got a Zelda game where we played as Zelda, specifically what if Link disapeared and Zelda had to go find out what happened to him. Not too much of an original concept obviously, but seeing it actually happen is pretty sweet.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@FakeSympathy, @Old_Hunter_77, @TheMysteriousGX, @hanselthecaretaker2, @The Rogue Wolf, @Casual Shinji l and @XsjadoBlaydette I am happy for all of you and me. We're in a world where Metroid Prime 4, Zelda as a the main playable character not in a DW spin-off game and mainline game, with another new Mario RPG that's the Mario & Luigi franchise, and Marvel vs. Capcom classic is back! Along with all that, SOR4, DMC5, the RE Remakes, Bayonetta 3, and both Norse GoW existing and living with each other in harmony. Something thought not possible or a "fools dream". We are living in a good timeline right now.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
The art style in the new Zelda is fucking amazing. It’s like a playable tilt shift, blending old 2D and modern 3D. Dare I say it could spell perfection for the series, and a wonderful time for Zelda to take up the mantle. Curious to see how they use Link here too.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
@FakeSympathy, @Old_Hunter_77, @TheMysteriousGX, @hanselthecaretaker2, @The Rogue Wolf, @Casual Shinji l and @XsjadoBlaydette I am happy for all of you and me. We're in a world where Metroid Prime 4, Zelda as a the main playable character not in a DW spin-off game and mainline game, with another new Mario RPG that's the Mario & Luigi franchise, and Marvel vs. Capcom classic is back! Along with all that, SOR4, DMC5, the RE Remakes, Bayonetta 3, and both Norse GoW existing and living with each other in harmony. Something thought not possible or a "fools dream". We are living in a good timeline right now.
If it wasn't for all the layoffs and companies swallowing themselves apart, I would be bellowing about our golden age of gaming to the heavens, town-crier style. But that's such a big "if." What we have is... more. More tech, more internets, more people interested in playing and making games that there really should be no reason why not to have everything you listed. We should have everything!
That said I personally am not so into all that nostalgia and there is that part of me that wonders- boy, what cool new stuff could all the talent and energy have gone into? But there's also a billion new games every month so I'm not complaining about lack of new games by any means. I've already bitched about my anti-nostalgia sentiment and how it applies to all media.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If it wasn't for all the layoffs and companies swallowing themselves apart
At least their smaller organizations, as one of the ones seen at SGF's presentation, made to keep game developers employed. I know it's more so for game devs on the indie and AA side, but at least it's a start and going to a great cause.

But that's such a big "if." What we have is... more. More tech, more internets, more people interested in playing and making games that there really should be no reason why not to have everything you listed. We should have everything!
That said I personally am not so into all that nostalgia and there is that part of me that wonders- boy, what cool new stuff could all the talent and energy have gone into? But there's also a billion new games every month so I'm not complaining about lack of new games by any means. I've already bitched about my anti-nostalgia sentiment and how it applies to all media.
I am not into full nostalgia either, but I am happy for fans who haven't got a new title in a decade or decades. Also, there's plenty of completely new non-nostalgia titles I am interested in and that has appeared at all these showings. Go back and watch trailers I posted or from certain others.There's plenty of them being completely original or new IPs. They're either coming out this year or next year.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Don't care for the cutesy art style. Didn't want the first Zelda-protag game to be about finding Link in some reverse bullshit of the damsel in distress, hoped it would just be HER adventure, without Link, Tails Adventure style. Probably remove Ganon as well. I did want her play style to be less direct, meaning about wisdom rather than courage, but that it's apparently nothing but summoning prior objects is a letdown.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Don't care for the cutesy art style. Didn't want the first Zelda-protag game to be about finding Link in some reverse bullshit of the damsel in distress, hoped it would just be HER adventure, without Link, Tails Adventure style. Probably remove Ganon as well. I did want her play style to be less direct, meaning about wisdom rather than courage, but that it's apparently nothing but summoning prior objects is a letdown.

There’s got to be more to it than that. N wouldn’t reveal all their cards so blatantly for one of their flagships.