Gaming Unpopular opinion

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Hello,

so my dear friends, what are you gaming unpopular opinion. the opinion which may not accept by majority of gamers?

let me start this

Tomb Raider 2013 and ROTR are 2 of worst games ever ever made
Only Good Resident Evil is Resident evil 7
GTA is most overrated series of all time.
Max payne 3 is best rockstar game of all time despite its weak max payne game
The witcher 3 is mediocre to average game and this generation most overrated game.
90% of open world games are trash
90% of third person shooters are bad
Bioshock infinite is worst AAA FPS game ever ever made. its really that bad
Metro series is best newly debut series of this decade (2010s)
Wolfenstein new order, old blood, new collosus absolutely suck and disgrace towards wolfenstein games and FPS
Doom 2016 is best game of this generation and best FPS of decade.
uncharted, last of us are more of hollywood movies than games
Alan wake is best third person horror action game ever
Mafia 1 is best third person game in general ever made.

i could think of more. but currently these come to my mind.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided actually has decent length and is probably my favorite of all the Deus Ex games. Also, it's microtransactions were unobtrusive so as not to be even noticeable.

Not only is Resident Evil 7 NOT an Outlast clone (a popular opinion used to easily tell who actually played the game and who didn't), it's a phenomenal return to the series roots on a conceptual level. Extra props for it being the first RE with buttery smooth gameplay along with decent writing and dialogue.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
ZombieProof said:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided catually has decent length and is probably my favorite of all the Deus Ex games. Also, it's microtransactions were unobtrusive so as not to be even noticeable.

thats very unpopular opinion.

i think for deus ex franchise. it always been like this. one is good, other is bad, then next is good, then next is bad

in this case, original is amazing, IW suck, HR great once again, MD not so good.

i believe next Deus Ex will be great again. is this coincide?

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
B-Cell said:
ZombieProof said:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided catually has decent length and is probably my favorite of all the Deus Ex games. Also, it's microtransactions were unobtrusive so as not to be even noticeable.

i think for deus ex franchise. it always been like this. one is good, other is bad, then next is good, then next is bad

in this case, original is amazing, IW suck, HR great once again, MD not so good.

By that rationale, Mankind Divided is an excellent game then because The Fall came out between it and Human Revolution.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
ZombieProof said:
B-Cell said:
ZombieProof said:

By that rationale, Mankind Divided is an excellent game then because The Fall came out between it and Human Revolution.
Fall doesnot count. its a mobile spin off. not main game in series.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
My unpopular opinion is that Tomb Raider 2013 and ROTR aren't that bad and don't deserve most of the shit slung at them by 90% of the people that post on gaming forums.

Bioshock Infinite is not the worst AAA FPS ever, it's bad but games like Aliens Colonial Marines and Kane & Lynch 2 are clearly worse.

The only good Wolfenstein game is RTCW. Wolf3d and SoD have aged horribly and weren't that good even back in the day. So the new games do not, on average, make the series much worse.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Can't have a B-Cell thread without sweeping generalizations and FPS elitism...
At least try to make your thread look like a thinly-veiled excuse. This is just joyless.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Rip Van Rabbit said:
Can't have a B-Cell thread without sweeping generalizations and FPS elitism...
At least try to make your thread look like a thinly-veiled excuse. This is just joyless.
come on my friend. this is unpopular opinion thread and we post what we think that is unpopular.

and where is FPS elitism and generalization here?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I mention this only because it?s largely unpopular here on The Escapist, but I rather like open world/sandbox games. While I can and do appreciate a good, linear story, I also like to use games to chill out, and sandboxes allow for that. I like exploring, taking in the little details of the world, listening to the ambient conversation, I mostly like collectahons, etc. I like a game wherein I can enjoy it mechanically without progressing; yes, I?m that guy who, for its own sake, likes building up a mutli-star wanted level then evading the police in GTA. I?m the guy who?s mind was blown by the authenticity of driving around at night in the rain using the interior view in the first Watch Dogs. I?m the guy who found all the green Agility orbs in the first Crackdown without using any guides or help. I generally like all the things about sandboxes that a lot of folks ?round these parts complain about.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
this isn't as inflammatory a B-Cell post as I was hoping. *Le sighs* 2/10 for salt-mining efficiency.

well if I must partake...2D sonic does not feel any better to play than 3D sonic. Megaman always looks aesthetically godawful. FF games seem built from the ground up solely to irritate me on levels I never knew existed until playing, yet there's only myself to blame for trying them. [small]and I don't care for childhood nostalgia[/small]

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Fallout Tactics is the best Fallout game and the first game is mostly shit.
Final Fantasy 6 isn't so good, 7 and 10 are the best in the series.
Kane and Lynch 2 wasn't so bad.

First-person shooters are all easy and boring.
Online multiplayer games are pointless because 99% of players couldn't find their own arse with both hands.
Quick-time events aren't such a bad thing.
Trophies and Achievements are a good thing.
Turn-based strategy games are as good as gaming gets.
Gameplay is more important than graphics and story.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I consider myself a very dedicated gamer... but I don't care for Platinum games at all. All flash, no punch. And while I'm at it, Bayonetta is one of the ugliest games I've ever seen.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Mass Effect 2 was a better game than Mass Effect 1. There, I said it.

I've seen ME2 get a lot of flack for getting rid of RPG elements, particularly with regards to the stat system and weapon pool, but I've never felt that was entirely fair. In terms of gameplay Mass Effect 1 felt...let's say "Bethesada-y". It did a bit of everything, but it did none of it well. The inventory system was terrible, the combat mediocre at best, the level designs were bland, barren, and repetitive, the sidequests overwhelmingly felt like token padding, and the classes not differentiated enough. Say what you will about ME2's failure to progress the story[footnote]Which is by all appearances is at least partially attributable to them changing the story ME2 was trying to set up midway through production of ME3[/footnote] but it ran a much tighter ship with a stronger cast and tighter character focus, more refined combat, better - and more diverse - level design, improved enemy pathing, and a climax (the suicide mission as a whole) that hewed closest to the franchise's promise of impactful choices out of any game in the main trilogy[footnote]Possibly the franchise, but having never played Andromeda I am unaware if it had anything comparable[/footnote], and that makes it a better game in my eyes.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
The Uncharted series is okay at best

Splinter Cell Conviction is the best game in the series

Resident Evil 5 is better than RE4

I liked GTA4 more than GTA5

Hitman Absolution is better than the new Hitman

Modern Warfare 2 is the best game in the series

Metal Gear Solid V is the second best game in the series after MGS3

Skyrim is garbage

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
Ehm, I'm not sure if I have any opions which are really a small minority or where I am that far from the norm. I really liked crysis and not really because of the graphics. I think the call of duty games I played were good if a bit unoriginal after a while (which is why I stopped playing them). Dark Souls' gameplay is decent but after half of a dark souls game I had enough. Lore is overrated in general.

Ooh, ooh, I think I have one: painkiller was atrociously bad.

Asita said:
Mass Effect 2 was a better game than Mass Effect 1. There, I said it.

I've seen ME2 get a lot of flack for getting rid of RPG elements, particularly with regards to the stat system and weapon pool, but I've never felt that was entirely fair. In terms of gameplay Mass Effect 1 felt...let's say "Bethesada-y". It did a bit of everything, but it did none of it well. The inventory system was terrible, the combat mediocre at best, the level designs were bland, barren, and repetitive, the sidequests overwhelmingly felt like token padding, and the classes not differentiated enough. Say what you will about ME2's failure to progress the story[footnote]Which is by all appearances is at least partially attributable to them changing the story ME2 was trying to set up midway through production of ME3[/footnote] but it ran a much tighter ship with a stronger cast and tighter character focus, more refined combat, better - and more diverse - level design, improved enemy pathing, and a climax (the suicide mission as a whole) that hewed closest to the franchise's promise of impactful choices out of any game in the main trilogy[footnote]Possibly the franchise, but having never played Andromeda I am unaware if it had anything comparable[/footnote], and that makes it a better game in my eyes.
This is a view which might be more divisive than unpopular as I've encountered quite a few people who prefer mass effect 2 and quite a few others who prefer mass effect 1. If you want to have the properly unpopular view you should say that mass effect 3 is the best one (though it isn't). The difference tends to be that mass effect 1 people are rpg fans and mass effect 2 people are more gameplay focussed. Mass effect 2 has a somewhat crude structure of having 8 similarish recruitment missions and 10 similarish loyalty missions which despite not entirely making sense works very well towards building investment in the characters. Now this works as intended but it is a little easy to see through and it takes a lot of time away from the main storyline which ends up somewhat barebones as a result. Now I think mass effect 2 is a far more pleasant experience than mass effect 1 because of the reasons you mentioned but I understand why some prefer ME1.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Ah, well, sweeping generalization time it is, then.

Prettymuch all the iconic turn of the millenium class (Half Life, System Shock, Morrowind, Baldurs Gate, and others) don't hold up by any modern standard, and are at best exhibits of innovative ideas that have aged terribly.

Speaking of BG, Bioware has never been good at writing anything but the most basic story, they're utterly incapable of writing an ending at all, rehash ideas constantly, and their much lauded romance options make Twilight look like a well-characterized documentatio of humans.

The Culling was a better battle-royale model then its loose successor PUBG or Fortnite, since it actually had gameplay designs that rewarded engagements and ways to potentially offset the RNG that dictates much of the format.

Asymmetrical joysticks on controllers are terrible. I don't know what damned mutant thumb out the middle of their left hand people work at Microsoft/Nintendo/whoever else makes the things, or how they've convinced people this is some sort of natural way to lay things out.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Exploring planets with Mako in Mass Effect 1 was kinda cool.

And Argonians are the best Elder Scroll's race ever!

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
"Linear" isn't a dirty word. Not every game in every genre needs to be a sandbox of choice, and many games are failing in areas they used to excel at for the sake of chasing this trend.

also, I'll take a JRPG over a WRPG every time.

that's it from me. I'm not a particularly controversial human being. even my deviations from the norm are fairly dull.