Gather round and laugh at the new Halo: Forward Unto Dawn trailer.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
EightGaugeHippo said:
Korten12 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
As far as video game movies go, It looks as though its might be up their as one of the best. Usually they are very shitty, but this one looks only alittle shitty. Don't like the look of the chief at all though, i've seen cosplay people do better at recreating the armour, its a shame. Thing is, because I'm such a fan of the serise, I'll end up watching this anyway. So, I'm not even that arsed by the fact it does not look that great.
Don't know how a fan recreation could be better of his armor when this one is literally one-to-one. Heck even it's height is correct.
Well for starters, none of the games had the big 117 painted across his chest. I thought that particular detail look completely out of place, unnessisary and almost cartoony. The dimensions of the helmet look off, but I'm not sure if the one in the trailer is supposed to be Halo 2-3 (bungie's) or the Halo 4 (343's) version.
Honestly, I think this looks better as it is more akin to the chief in the games.

But like I said, not sure if it is supposed to be 343's version of the Chief or Bungie's

EDIT Also, The impression I got from the trailer (and somewhere I read), this is supposed to be set before even Reach, during the first contact with the covenant, so The Chief should have the mark five armour, not the mark six.
He did have the armor he is wearing in the trailer:

http://www.halopedian.com/Raid_on_the_Third_Fleet_of_Glorious_Consequence

And just for a bit of clarification:

The Mark IV MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor was the fourth version of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor series. The suit was issued to SPARTAN-II commandos on November 27th, 2525,[1] and was in service until November 24th, 2551, when it was replaced by the Mark V.[2][note 1]
http://www.halopedian.com/Mark_IV

Musicfreak

Jan 23, 2009
Eh didn't look that bad just kind of bland. The acting looked a little iffy and I kind of don't really understand why master chief would be at some training facility but other than that it just looked kind of meh. Although I gotta say the marines armor really does not translate well into real life. It looks really silly and almost like it is made of plastic.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Fijiman said:
Meh. I might go see it, but I probably wont.
It's going to be streamed on machinima and waypoint. It's an webshow not a full-fledge movie.

Deviate said:
So, it's a mediocre cliché fest going where better analogues have gone before it, but will have a hype-machine behind it turning it into the wet dreams of kids and retards. Sounds like a perfect film addition to the Halol franchise.
Halol..? Really? That is the saddest insult I have seen for Halo thus far.

Also really? Wet dreams of kids and retards? So anyone who is looking forward to this or Halo are kids and retards?

Get off your high horse.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
Looks really generic, but the Chief looked pretty good.
capcha: since when
I thought the Chief looked gay and fake

I liked the look of the old Halo short movies.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Korten12 said:
Fijiman said:
It's going to be streamed on machinima and waypoint. It's an webshow not a full-fledge movie.
In that case I'm 99% sure that I'm not going to see it because I've not kept up with either of those in months.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Deviate said:
Korten12 said:
Fijiman said:

Deviate said:
So, it's a mediocre cliché fest going where better analogues have gone before it, but will have a hype-machine behind it turning it into the wet dreams of kids and retards. Sounds like a perfect film addition to the Halol franchise.
Halol..? Really? That is the saddest insult I have seen for Halo thus far.

Also really? Wet dreams of kids and retards? So anyone who is looking forward to this or Halo are kids and retards?

Get off your high horse.
I like it up here. Great view of the unwashed peasant masses who actually find enjoyment in that sadly mediocre and massively overhyped franchise.
Not going to bother, it's clear your a troll. No point in arguing.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Korten12 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Korten12 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
As far as video game movies go, It looks as though its might be up their as one of the best. Usually they are very shitty, but this one looks only alittle shitty. Don't like the look of the chief at all though, i've seen cosplay people do better at recreating the armour, its a shame. Thing is, because I'm such a fan of the serise, I'll end up watching this anyway. So, I'm not even that arsed by the fact it does not look that great.
Don't know how a fan recreation could be better of his armor when this one is literally one-to-one. Heck even it's height is correct.
Well for starters, none of the games had the big 117 painted across his chest. I thought that particular detail look completely out of place, unnessisary and almost cartoony. The dimensions of the helmet look off, but I'm not sure if the one in the trailer is supposed to be Halo 2-3 (bungie's) or the Halo 4 (343's) version.
Honestly, I think this looks better as it is more akin to the chief in the games.

But like I said, not sure if it is supposed to be 343's version of the Chief or Bungie's

EDIT Also, The impression I got from the trailer (and somewhere I read), this is supposed to be set before even Reach, during the first contact with the covenant, so The Chief should have the mark five armour, not the mark six.

The Mark IV MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor was the fourth version of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor series. The suit was issued to SPARTAN-II commandos on November 27th, 2525,[1] and was in service until November 24th, 2551, when it was replaced by the Mark V.[2][note 1]
Well I see that its true to canon now.
But no amount of correct canon changes the fact I don't like it.
I really see no point in further discussion, my opinion is not open for debate.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
EightGaugeHippo said:
Korten12 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Korten12 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:

I wasn't trying to debate you to liking it. Just that it's always been there and it wasn't just changed for the webshow. Since that armor design has been around for a couple of years now.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Why would anyone make this instead of an extended adaptation of the We Are ODST trailer? That was ten times better than this.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Korten12 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Korten12 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Korten12 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:

I wasn't trying to debate you to liking it. Just that it's always been there and it wasn't just changed for the webshow. Since that armor design has been around for a couple of years now.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's just every time I voice my opinion on this site, someone comes along trying to alter it and it really pisses me off. I know you where not, but I can never be to sure.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
...looks awesome.

Haters gonna hate. Halo has always had a great storyline behind it and the live-action trailers have always shown promise. Have to wait and see if they can really pull this off and I did see some pretty cliche' war tropes in there... in a war movie.

It's not what tropes you use it's what you do with them. Think the Chief could have some real bad-ass scenes in it.

Although not showing any Covenant does give me a bit of unease that their special effects for them might suck. But the Halo 3 live action one had pretty good Brutes... don't see why it couldn't work.
Deviate said:
I like it up here. Great view of the unwashed peasant masses who actually find enjoyment in that sadly mediocre and massively overhyped franchise.
We're talking about Halo, not Half-life.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Well, I'm a big Halo fan, and it's a mini-series so why not?
If it was anything other than that, I wouldn't spend my time, but it is, so I will.
One question, why does chief's armor has 117 on it in everything other than the actual game?

lowkey_jotunn

Feb 23, 2011
idarkphoenixi said:
"Get behind me, I'm your only chance for survival" He never would have said that, chief doesn't explain himself because he never needed to. Him being your only chance for survival is already implied, the most he would say is "get behind me". I know that sounds nitpicky but I've played Halo from the very first release. I don't give 2 fucks about Halo 4 since it's not Bungie but I loved them all, Halo 2 and 3 have some of my best gaming memories.
Nitpicky as it may be, I agree.

The whole thing was blah, but as a long-time fan of the Halo I regained a bit of interest when Live-Action Chief showed up ...

And then he spoke...

Bring us back to blah.

I was expecting a "Let's move," or "Time to go." Short, to the point. We aint got time for chit chat.... Grab the shotgun! You don't need to load it, WE DID THAT FOR YOU! *****, COVENANT IN THE ROOM!! Shoot him in the head... SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD .

*ahem* sorry about that.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Comedy Hijinks and Romance at Halo High! :D

Seriously, I love the Halo games, and even their previous ad campaigns, but WTF IS THIS??!