Gato Community College. (game thread)

figment of mind

New member
Jun 26, 2008
1,898
0
0
"Good job...Should I go gun form now? or wait?"

"Well...i'd say wait for now. We've got enough of us right now to deal with things quickly so using up your energy in gun form would be a waste right now. It's probably best if we save that for if things get bad." Mira said before they moved onwards. Of course, there was just one problem with that...

"Are we splitting up or all continuing inside?"

Mira stopped, confused at that. She knew spliting up and taking it from the top and bottem were a part of one of the plans, but she thought that they had discarded it beforehand. Now, people were bringing it back up and she was unsure of how to respond. Neither did anybody else it seemed because they moved on, taking care of the rest of the first floor before Sol answered, "I'm gonna have you split up somewhat."

She guessed he was weighing their options and had come up with something or spotted something that requied them to split up. She wondered what it was...until she realized that Sol wasn't continuing. After a couple of tries to contact him again, Viktor had decided to move the team up and take out the second floor so as to get closer and check on him, taking out the enemies there as they went. After they cleared it, Sol suddenly popped back on the radio, saying, "Okay, I'm back. Anyhow, I'm thinking we're far enough in for us to split up. I want Juliet and Will to go for the third floor, and then I want Tomas and Mira to clear out the fourth floor. I'll guide both of you. After the target has been secured, I'll call for pick up to come get him, and then we'll take it from there."

She wondered at what had taken him so long to respond...then again, it had only been, like, a couple of minutes or so so maybe she was just over-exaggerating the length. Either way, there was a slight change in the plan now and they would have to adapt quickly. Still, the sudden rush to clear two floors gave her cause for concern...why were they rushing now? Was the target in trouble...or was it something else? She wouldn't get the answer now but that didn't stop her from thinking about it.

Bidding the others adu, she and Tomas started moving up to the fourth floor. Along the way Mira quietly, yet offhandedly mentioned, "Have you noticed that we tend to end up working together alot?", before cutting to the chase, turning off the speaker to her mic, and saying, "In all seriousness though, doesn't it seem like we are suddenly rushing this now? Especially since the target is on the third floor?"
 

IFS

New member
Mar 5, 2012
1,776
0
0
As the group split up to pursue their objectives she motioned for Will to follow her.

"Alright, let's get moving and find the target," she said, "and stay close, we want to avoid making too much noise if possible."

She almost wanted to just leave him behind, after all she had far more experience with infiltration than he did. But then they were operating as a team here, and if she wanted to show leadership she needed to stick with the rest of the team. Momentarily she entertained the idea of having him shift into something she could wear, thus removing the danger of him being too noisy, but then she'd have to carry him and she didn't much care for that idea. Besides he'd likely get hot and bothered at the notion. Hopefully things would go smoothly, for now floor three awaited.
 

Outcast107

New member
Mar 20, 2009
1,965
0
0
William

William nodded at Juliet as he follows close behind her. Trying to keep as quiet as he can. He was going to ask if he should transform into a shield or something but figured if she wanted him to do that, she would have asked already.

So for now, he was just following behind her and keeping an eye on their backs. Having a moment to think he wonder if he was ready to kill another human. The thought didn't really occur to him until today. Killing demons was one thing since he grew up hearing about how bad they were. Though humans were something else. It was his own race and he felt odd about it. Though he knew it must be done to be an end to their terror attacks on innocent non-humans.

Tomas

Tomas almost chuckled at her question. He was going to answer until she asked the serious question. "Hmmm..yes something must have come up. Or Sol wants to make sure the target didn't move to a different floor for some reason." Tomas added his opinion. "Won't know what it is until we get out of here.."

Tomas said following behind her. "Also, I have notice that we do end up working a lot together," he added before going back to being quiet, in case someone else was nearby.
 

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
1,816
0
0
Solomon Thorn

Sol kept an eye on the monitors. He could see that Mira and Tomas were saying something, but they weren't communicating through the radio, so he couldn't hear what. Even so, he contacted them. "Hey, there's a room with a couple of guys nearby so you shouldn't talk, okay? It's to the left in the next hallway. At the end of the long hallway there's another room with five people, one of them looks like a big deal, so be careful with what you do. Though," he scratched his stubbles. "You should be able to take out the two in the nearby room though, just be quiet. I'll let you know if anything changes with the larger group. That's all." He let them handle it as they wanted, and turned his attention to the group retrieving the target.

"You're getting close to the target. There's 3 more people there, they seem to be interacting and... wait, the target just left. He seems to be headed your way, I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but either way it's a good opportunity to grab him. I'd advice you not to talk unless you have to, you're close enough to the others for there to be a chance of them hearing you guys."

Let's just hope the target knows that as well.

Sol sat at the edge of his seat, he didn't like this much responsibility. Not to mention, he wished he had more people available, if they had, they could've sent the target with one person to the pick-up point, then have the rest deal with the third floor and then aid Mira and Tomas.

Is it time for me to give up this position? But it's very useful to know how they're moving...

He sighed, he'd have to give it some thought.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

Alfred had been feeling uneasy for a while now, not just because of the waiting. Something was going to happen, or was already happening, he wasn't sure, it just felt as if his instincts were telling him "they're here".

However, now he actually heard someone. He'd kept his ears open for sounds ever since the feeling had started appearing, the wind carrying sounds with it as he scoured part of the third floor. Now it brought steps, steps and hushed whispers. Not that they were particularly noisy, he was impressed with how far they had gotten without making much sounds, but little escaped his senses once they were within his reach. He sighed and stood up. The group he was having a meeting with were arguing, like they always were. Not with yelling and shouting, of course not, they all were "loyal" and for whatever reason that meant they wouldn't raise their voice or be openly disagreeing. But the passive aggressiveness of the group made Alfred shake his head, it would've been funny if he wasn't expected to give his thoughts on it every now and then.

Still, it did give him a pretty good excuse to leave, everyone knew Alfred didn't like it when the situation got like this. Well, they "knew" he didn't like it when people were getting angry, but that was just plan of his guise, in reality he tended to find it a bit amusing.

"Look guys, if you're going to be like this, then I'm going to go get some air." Nagi looked at him with a tired expression that said "hey, don't leave me with these unreasonable jerks", and Alfred gave him an apologetic smile. He then went outside, shutting the door and sighing to himself.

I'm sorry Nagi.

Alfred made sure that no one else left the room before he started heading in the direction of the "invaders". It didn't take long for him to run into them, and he faked being startled, scared even, though his eyes went to the camera, then to the pair of an odd-looking -did he really have naturally silver hair?- guy and a very beautiful woman. He looked to the camera another time, hoping that they'd get that he was asking if they had control of the security room.
 

IFS

New member
Mar 5, 2012
1,776
0
0
They soon encountered the target, a pale skinned lad with curly brown hair who kept glancing meaningfully at the cameras. She'd already known how young he was but even so she was a little surprised at how boyish he looked, though certainly cute in his own way.

She smiled and nodded "Cameras have been compromised," she said quietly, resisting the urge to tease him or scare him in some way "I hope you're ready to leave."

So far so good, they'd encountered no resistance of note and everyone was remaining professional. Even so she wondered how long it would last, no infiltration was ever without complications at some point. Her money was on Tomas being the one to screw up, he had always seemed a bit too tightly wound for his own good and infiltrating could be stressful in a way few things were; she was well aware of how few were as suited to such stresses as her kind.
 

figment of mind

New member
Jun 26, 2008
1,898
0
0
"Hmmm..yes something must have come up. Or Sol wants to make sure the target didn't move to a different floor for some reason. Won't know what it is until we get out of here.."

"Yeah...your probably right." she said. Still she wondered if they should be concerned or not. That was interrupted by Sol suddenly jumping on the com, saying, "Hey, there's a room with a couple of guys nearby so you shouldn't talk, okay?" Quickly, she turned her mic back on to say ok...before realizing that that went directly against what he just said, so she just gave a thumbs up to the nearest camera as he continued.

"It's to the left in the next hallway. At the end of the long hallway there's another room with five people, one of them looks like a big deal, so be careful with what you do. Though, You should be able to take out the two in the nearby room though, just be quiet. I'll let you know if anything changes with the larger group. That's all."

Once again, she gave a thumbs up to the camera before motioning for Tomas to follow her. Moving up into the hallway, she moved to the nearest left door and tried to see if they were talking loud enough to allow her to open the door a bit. Alas, they didn't seem to be talking so she would have to rethink the plan. She thought on what little information she knew about those in the room...and after a little consideration, she realized they only really had one option; Rush in, incapacitate them, try to do it stealthily enough to not notify those down the hall, and hope it worked.

Quickly, she signalled the plan to Tomas, trying to indicate that she would go for one and he the other. Adterwards, she counted down with her fingers from three before opening the door as fast as she could and bum-rushing the closest one and punching him in the throat, stopping him from yelling. She then proceeded to put both hands on his head and twist it, breaking his neck.
 

Outcast107

New member
Mar 20, 2009
1,965
0
0
Tomas

Tomas followed behind Mira as she walked down the hallway. Keeping quiet from now on as the rooms are filled with people. Getting to the one room with only two people. Tomas watched as she signaled him to get ready to attack. He nodded and make sure his claws were out and ready. Mira held up three fingers and Tomas watched as she counted down. When she opened the door, he rushes quickly to his target. The guy let out a gasp before Tomas ram his right hand into his throat. His claws easily tearing into his throat and into his the spinal cord, killing him instantly.

While his left hand quickly grabs the target clothes to hold him up. Just to make sure his body didn't make any noise when it fell. Tomas would then lightly lower the guy down onto the floor and give a thumbs up to Mira.

William

"We should get going before we overstay our welcome." William whisper lightly. Seeing now they got the target and no alarm was rise just yet. William turns his arms into shields, ready in case things turn south real fast. Keeping watch behind them, in case anyone comes across them.
 

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
1,816
0
0
Solomon Thorn

Sol didn't have to instruct anyone at the moment, but that didn't mean he didn't have to look back and forth between the cameras. Not only the ones keeping an eye on the floors his teammates were on, but also the ones on the upper floors, there were still enough people there to be a threat. He caught the wave from the target and was puzzled for a brief moment, wondering if the other was trying to communicate. He quickly realized that it was just a greeting, however, and decided to ignore it. Meanwhile Tomas and Mira advanced to the room with two individuals in and quickly and brutally ended their lives with what felt like an eerie ease.

I wonder if they really understand how frightening that would be to a normal person. Regular humans are weak, we need special weapons and tactics to do something anyone on the team could do with their eyes closed.

He certainly understood why a cult like this could be established.

Of course, that doesn't excuse any of the violence used. Not against innocent targets.

As an independent hunter Sol'd always felt a bit in the middle. He certainly wasn't very extreme in his way of thinking, a monster didn't have to be bad, and those fighting evil certainly had a habit of steeping to the same level themselves. Even he was subject to that, he'd never killed anyone or anything before he became a hunter, yet now his hand was stained with the blood of both humans and others alike. He liked thinking that he was better than just some killer, he took jobs, often from the highest bidder, but he'd never killed anyone he'd consider innocent.

He wondered if the members of his group had the same perspective, or if they really just didn't care. In this case, however, it was difficult sympathising with those who died, they were a terrorist group at the very least, and many of their targets were innocent people. Heck, if Sol hadn't been in charge of the cameras, he'd have been down there with them.

Sol waited for them to finish with what they were doing before he spoke. "The group of five doesn't seem to intend to move. That means you have to be careful with getting close, but, if you take the southern entrance of the room, you should be able to take them by surprise, as they're facing north. So take the door next to the window, throw in one or two of them fancy grenade things, and you should be able to deal with them. I don't think waiting is a good idea, there are still people on the other floors who could end up surprising us if we stall. The others have the target."

He then looked towards the other group, and saw them head outside. The group of three the target had left seemed to be arguing still, and none seemed intent on leaving, so if they were quick no one would notice. He got on line with the extraction team and got instructions on where they should bring the target. He then went back to radio and called up Juliet and Will.

"Hey, just so you know it, I've talked to the extraction team, they'll meet you a little past where we parked our vehicle. Vik'll know exactly where."

___________________________________________________________________________________________


Alfred Frye

"Cameras have been compromised, I hope you're ready to leave."

His body language changed in less than a second. The sudden shift in emotional state was unsettling, but he simply gave them a calm smile and took off the glasses he'd been wearing. "Sure," he replied with the same kind of calmness in his voice, and gave a quick wave to the camera as a "hi there" to whoever was watching. His mind went to Nagi for a brief moment, these weren't professionals, were they? No, the pair looked like students. Perhaps they could be persuaded. Then again, Nagi was a cool guy and all that, but he was still as poisoned as these guys, wasn't he? Buying into the whole "magic is evil", terrorist bullshit. And, besides, in any other situation, Nagi would've fought Alfred as valiantly as anyone else, right?

Not everyone's going to be a Laurence and actually become reasonable. Besides, that guy ended up bailing on me too, in the end. Needed to "find" himself.

Few managed to distance themselves from their naive, narrow-minded view once they got too entrenched in it, people were so simple-minded. Alfred was thinking about this like a child, people didn't just become a good person. Besides, getting too attached was something he had promised himself not to do. Still, if he wasn't going to try to save his short-time "friend", he'd at least not want to watch him die. There were limits to how cold he could be.

"We should get going before we overstay our welcome."

"Yup," he muttered quietly, he'd not stopped smiling as he'd stood there, better they didn't know he had the ability to doubt himself. Even if they were his allies now, who knew if that might change? Alfred started walking past them, and briefly turned towards the direction he'd come from.

"The sooner the better."
 

Lunar Templar

New member
Sep 20, 2009
8,225
0
0
Both Karis and Seth got Daniels message just before the official report came in, and quickly gave orders to counter and eliminate them. Reports also came in that a the few had Anti-magic rounds as well.

Sierra 'made her way' to where the attackers where coming in from the west, immediately opening up on the Regalia forces with the Astaroth's Shotgun from above, effectively removing their cover advantage, the sight of a flying red robot [http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/2/2c/GundamAstarothOrigin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160704095930] sending a short lived wave of panic through the enemy forces, but that faded as quickly as it came, as some of Regalia's forces focused on the robot, and off the combined forces of the schools two combat oriented organizations.
 

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
Apr 20, 2020
2,615
0
0
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
After receiving official orders to eliminate the Regalia forces, along with the notification for Daniel that he'd be receiving some reinforcements as soon as they could be mobilised, the Angel picked up the pace and managed to locate Yvette, briefing her on the situation before setting off again. Yvette, given her skills, would be providing light support alongside her healing abilities.

Upon reaching the South end of the College, Daniel immediately took cover behind a wall, as he could spot at least two squads of soldiers. Fortunately, they hadn't noticed him as they continued towards the main South entrance. Seconds later, they immediately took to cover as what appeared to be grenades were hurled at them, but were in actuality, some of Daniel's smoke bomb cards.

"Did anyone see where those things came from?!" The leader of the trooper shouted.

"No sir! But from what I saw, it didn't look like any regular grenade that I knew of."

"Well then, pray tell what did it look like?" The leader asked, obviously sounded somewhat annoyed.

"A playing card sir." A faint look of dread appeared on the leader's face on the admission of that fact. He knew all too well what that meant. "Something the matter sir?"

"Yeah, something is definitely the matter." The leader said as he shouted in the vague direction of where the smoke came from.

"Alright Rast, reveal yourself, we know you're out there!" He demanded, subtly ordering his troops to open fire the moment the Angel stepped out.

"Well, since you asked so nicely." Out from the shadows stepped Daniel, who, once he was in full view, was gunned down, many shots pierced his chest and forced him down on one knee. After their magazines had emptied, the soldiers quickly reloaded and had their guns trained on Daniel. Despite his injuries, he still managed to laugh, his left arm resting on his left knee, his long coat in tatters from the bullet holes.

"What's so funny? You're bleeding out and surrounded."

"Didn't they ever teach you to confirm your target before taking the shot?"

"Your point being?"

"Simple, get ready for a surprise!" Daniel said with a large grin on his face as he glowed for a moment before exploding, send cards flying out in all directions, taking out a couple of the Regalia troopers in the process. Once the dust settled and the survivors picked themselves up, many sporting some fresh cuts. Daniel spoke once more.

"Well now, you got to make your move." He said with a glint in his eye and sword at the ready as he stood atop the entryway.

"Now I get to make mine." With that, he jumped down and began the engagement proper.
 

figment of mind

New member
Jun 26, 2008
1,898
0
0
"The group of five doesn't seem to intend to move. That means you have to be careful with getting close, but, if you take the southern entrance of the room, you should be able to take them by surprise, as they're facing north. So take the door next to the window, throw in one or two of them fancy grenade things, and you should be able to deal with them. I don't think waiting is a good idea, there are still people on the other floors who could end up surprising us if we stall. The others have the target."

Mira thought it was a bit weird to keep going now that they had the target, but soon she remembered that they were trying to make it seem like a standard raid, not an extraction. Still, it did seem kind of pointless and cruel to continue doing this...but that was the mission and besides, they would at least be making sure that noone knew the target had been taken, even if it meant that they would be taking out all of those who would notice.

As for the group down the hall...well, probably best to follow Sol's plan on that. Of course, there as one wrinkle in that...she had no idea if Tomas had been paying attention or not when she explained it to Juliet and Sol. Of course, she could assume that he hadn't, after all, she herself had assumed that only those two would be using them (heck, the only reason she still had some was because she had ended up making too much for them), but maybe he considered it useful enough to do so anyway. It didn't help that he had helped her assemble the peices after all but that didn't mean that he had picked up on how to actually activate it. Either way, she had decided to be safe than sorry and give him a quick rundown on how they work.

Figuring that the immediate danger of talking had passed (after all, the others were down the hall) she whispered "Alright...i think we should go with Sol's idea.", all the while taking out one of the grenades to demonstrate. "So, anyways, i don't know if you overheard this but with these, you just flick down the holder, push the trigger, and throw. Let's go." And with that, Mira gave Tomas a grenade and exited the room from the back, sneaking up and taking out another grenade for herself. Once he caught up, Mira looked at him mouthed, 'Are you ready?'
 

IFS

New member
Mar 5, 2012
1,776
0
0
"The sooner the better."

Juliet nodded, there'd be plenty of time for chatting later once they weren't in a hostile work environment. From the sound of things the action was starting to heat up, which meant they ought to get out of there quickly. She motioned for Will and Al to follow and made her way quickly towards where Vik would be waiting for them.

Fortunately it was a short trip, and with the enemies attention being directed elsewhere an uneventful one.

"Vik, I've got the target," she said as they came into view "where do I need to drop him off?"
 

Lunar Templar

New member
Sep 20, 2009
8,225
0
0
Viktor directed Juliet and Will to where the extraction point was, for the rest of the team he announced the Target had been secured and it was time to finish up. Kill anyone left, and secure any computers they could find. Anything they couldn't bring with them was to be destroyed via the EMP Sierra made for them.
 

Outcast107

New member
Mar 20, 2009
1,965
0
0
Tomas followed Mira closely, keeping up with her as they had one more part to do before they could pull out. "Already knew, but good to hear a refresher," Tomas said as he reaches out and grab the grenade she was giving him. Seeing her mouth the words "Are you ready" as he nods and push down the holder and pull the trigger. Ready to throw when she did.
 

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
Apr 20, 2020
2,615
0
0
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
Daniel swung his blade at the nearest target, leaving a long diagonal slash across the chest, causing them to collapse almost instantly, although they feebly tried to hold it in with their free hand clutching at the wound. Partially stunned at what had occurred, two soldiers pulled back behind the cover of some parked cars to provide support fire, hoping to catch Daniel with a lucky shot whilst the others engaged in hand-to-hand fighting with the aid of a knife; this was something of a poor decision on their part.

Some opposing strikes were quicker than others, managing to make a cut here and there on Daniel's coat, but none were fast enough to actual make a mark on the man, er, Angel itself. It didn't take long for the others to fall down, one of which he knocked out by managing to wrestle the man's sidearm and throw it in his face, catching him square in the jaw. After wiping the blood off his sword, Daniel sheathed his weapon.

"I must admit lads, it's been a while since I battled you guys, I almost enjoyed that. But where are the other two?" Daniel didn't have to wait long as two surviving soldiers began taking shots at him. As he threw up a quick card barrier, it exploded on making an impact with a bullet, sending Daniel flying a few feet into a nearby wall, for once, he actually felt a bit of actual pain.

Ah, so you were the ones who were packing the anti-aether bullets. Thought it was a bit odd that I couldn't sense it off the others.

Daniel quickly pulled himself off the wall and threw himself behind a concrete barrier, dodging a few more rounds as he tried working the feeling back into his shoulders from the impact. As the two soldiers approached, Daniel got a message on his phone;

REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVING MOMENTARILY TO YOUR POSITION

'Good, the cavalry's finally arriving.' Daniel thought to himself as he planned his next move.
 

figment of mind

New member
Jun 26, 2008
1,898
0
0
It seemed that he had been paying attention to her explanation after all, which was a bit of a relief to Mirabelle since she wasn't sure if she had missed anything in her quick speech. With that out of the way, she flipped down the holder and squeezed on the trigger, though she didn't throw it right away. Instead, she gave it a couple of seconds to cook before swinging open the door and throwing it in. The guys on the other side weren't totally prepared, most having their guns sitting near them instead of actually holding them, but they quickly reacted to her grenade throw, grabbing their guns and getting behind cover. It was a smart move...but not one that helped as the grenades exploded and released a cloud of grey gas that quickly enveloped the room. Mira closed the door after that, not wanting to let Tomas breath it in, and waited a couple of minutes, listening as the group dropped one by one from the chemicals, before reopening it and letting it air out before she and Tomas went in.
 

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
1,816
0
0
Solomon Thorn

Sol felt uneasy as he could only watch the cameras and note how people were moving about. He didn't have any eyes on the group with the target anymore, so he had to wait for them to tell him that they were on their way back. Sol felt tempted to get out there and help out, deal with everyone and then get back, but with people now moving around, he felt like he couldn't just leave either.


"Hey, target here. I'm at the pick up point, just so you know it. Oh, and also, there's some really strong people further up, we're talking senior members and leaders, so be careful. The woman on the second floor is also a higher up, but she's not much of a fighter. I'll let you have your people now, good luck,"

"Right..." Sol replied, and waited a little bit before calling them up again. "Juliet? You guys there? I want all four to team up again if what he said is true, because someone on the sixth floor seems to suspect something is up. They've called a meeting. Meet up at the fourth floor." He then waited for Mira and Tomas to finish up the people they were dealing with, and contacted them.

"Hey, Mira and Tomas, there's some strong guys upstairs, and people are gathering. Juliet and Will are going to be there soon. In the meantime I'll figure where to proceed first."
______________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

Alfred didn't quite like the silence as they walked. He understood that this was dire stuff, but it would've helped if he could have a bit of a friendly chat. Still, he was getting rescued, and it seemed it was on his terms as well, he had to appreciate it.

"Thanks guys," he told the two when they got him to the pick up point. "So, is this it? You gonna head inside now? I'll see you later, I suppose," he gave them an innocent smile, wishing that at least one of them could stay to make sure nothing would happen to him. He touched his neck, and leaned forward. "Oh, right."

He leaned over the radio Juliet was carrying, and pushed the speak button. "Hey, target here. I'm at the pick up point, just so you know it. Oh, and also, there's some really strong people further up, we're talking senior members and leaders, so be careful. The woman on the second floor is also a higher up, but she's not much of a fighter. I'll let you have your people now, good luck," he said, and motioned for Juliet and Will to head out again.

"Have fun."
 

Lunar Templar

New member
Sep 20, 2009
8,225
0
0
Raid Team

As the team cleared the floors and collected what the could Sol could hear over the com a rough status of the assault on the school. Their was a bit of cussing about 'Rast' being there, clearly referring to Daniel, and several reports of a red robot or a Gundam, helping the wounded, attacking from the air, and generally preventing them from getting any further into the school grounds, that told Sol Sierra was 'on the field' in her own way despite orders.

That, combined with the other random reports sounded like Regalia was having a hard to getting to far into the school grounds at all.

As for resistance in the building, the team did start to see a bit more resistance since it seemed they started to figure out they where under attack but not where they were or how many they are, or even how many of their own people was left.

Evac Point

The driver at the drop off point took Alfred into the van but didn't take off past moving the van out of sight of the target building. Stating they where under orders to not return just yet due to the attack on the school.


Gato - West

Sierra, via her piloting the Gundam Astaroth, was holding off the assault force with the aid of Gungnir that where on hand at the start of the attack. Sierra had to fight a bit more conservatively, despite her enchantments, at the protection from the anti-aether weapons, Astaroth was still taking damage due solely to the materials not being good enough to hold up under the kind of abuse the Gundam was taking.

Then one of the assault commanders stepped up, a strange one, since while she had him visually, most the other sensors didn't pick him up at all, and wearing a fedora. It took a minute, but she recognized him as the leader of the first attack on the school.

Sierra reported it in and attacked him directly with the Astaroth's Sledgehammer, which he not only blocked, but shattered, revealing the sword hidden inside the hammer. Sierra took a couple shot at him with the Astaroth's Shotgun. One missed the second hit him in squarely in the upper right side of the torso, and had little effect.

This shocked and scared a few of the Gungnir that saw it, Sierra was surprised, but not fazed. She backed the Gundam off a bit, and called for Jordis, and quickly explained what was going on and that Jordis was going to need to take control of Astaroth and hold this guy where he is and not let him gain any ground. The Cephalon was quick to explain that he was not meant for combat, and that the destruction of the Astaroth was all but assured. Sierra just shrugged, saying she could build another if she had to, and handed control of the Gundam over to the magic floating orb, while she faded from view, and into Limbo.
 

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
Apr 20, 2020
2,615
0
0
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
As Daniel finished his thought he could hear the sounds of footsteps getting closer for a few moments then stop.

"We know you're there Rast, now out, and no fancy tricks either." One the troopers called out, followed by the sound of fresh magazines being loaded.

"Certainly officer, just give me a moment," Daniel replied in a joking manner as he stood up from behind the barrier, his hands raised, for real this time. Out the corner of his eye, he could see what looked like troops heading in his direction. Their uniforms not matching the ones of the troopers before him. 'Must be the reinforcements. Got to buy a little time though.'

"Heh. Didn't think I'd see the day that Regalia of all people would finally get the best of me. You boys have learned compared to five years ago."

"Yeah, that we have, freak, and better equipped to."

"Freak? How am I a 'freak'? I am human after all." Daniel asked in a mocked sense of shock upon being insulted.

"Cut the bull Rast, we know your not human; though you play a pretty convincing one whatever it is you are. Yeah, boys back at base are going to have fun figuring out what you are." To that, Daniel gave a snort.

"Heh, you'd be making a mistake either way."

"And why is that?" One of the troopers asked, gun raised, finger on the trigger.

"To put it simply, your days would be numbered. Either through my death or disappearance, The Order knows I am here, and given my status; they wouldn't hesitate to bring all of you down. The smart move would be for you two to start running now, though, you wouldn't get far even if you did."

"And that's because?"

"I think they'd have something to say first," Daniel remarked, pointing at the now arriving reinforcements, who, know they were much closer, he could make out were Gungir troopers.

"What the?! Quick! Run!" One of them shouted before they both shot off towards the entryway they arrived from whilst being assaulted by weapons fire. One had only made halfway across before being shot down, the other nearly managed to reach the gate before a stray shot managed to catch him in the head. Whilst half the squad of twelve secured the South entrance, the others began to check on the others that Daniel had been dealing with.

"Mr. Rast, glad you're still about. Not hurt or anything?" Asked a medic as he approached Daniel.

"Only slightly in my pride. The nerve of them, calling me a freak."

"You'll live." Said the medic, managing to catch a slightly chuckle. "Anyway, your orders?"

"Secure the immediate area, then we advance and engage the enemy. Be careful about some of these magazines if you're looking to restock, they have the anti-aether bullets." Daniel replied as he began rifling through the pockets of one of the dead soldiers, before leaning down to pick up one of the guns they carried. Based on his knowledge, it looked like a Howa Type 89 [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howa_Type_89] assault rifle, though somewhat modified with a different receiver. Upon closer inspection, this one was also stock with anti-aether rounds.

"Time to fight fire with fire I think, can't trust my cards when the rounds start flying," Daniel added, attaching one of the tactical rigs underneath his coat and loading up on some spare magazines.

"You know how to wield that sir?" The medic asked, showing some concern.

"I may use magic as a primary method of attack, but I am trained how to operate firearms. Right, lets move out."
 

Lunar Templar

New member
Sep 20, 2009
8,225
0
0
Jordis did what he could to keep the Commander busy while Sierra moved to confront him directly, but the difference in skill difference between Jordis and Sierra was pretty obvious, but the look on the commanders face, the part of it that was visible from under the brim of his hat, reflected his suspicion something was up, even as he tore the head of the Gundam, fallowed by the left arm at the elbow as his and the schools forces fought around them.

"Finish these Freaks off, we still have to hit th" He started to order, stopped mid sentence by the blade of a single edged sword now sticking out of his chest. The look of surprise on the faces of some of the Regalia troops mirroring his on shock.

Before the shock wore off he was grabbed by the neck from behind and the sword was shoved deeper into his chest cavity while at the same time being twisted around so that the edge was was pointing upwards as opposed to before where it was pointing down. "Jordis, if Astaroth is still fit to, evac the wounded, otherwise return it to it's 'hanger'." Sierra said as she dragged the commander into Limbo with her, though while in transit from the Earth realm to Limbo she kicked him away from her and off her sword.

To his credit the Raid Commander was quick to discard his Anti-Aether rounds once he realized what was happening. He turned toward her starting to yell some kind of obscenity, but barely had time to get the first syllable out before he had to react to Sierra bearing down on him, blocking her sword with his arm, the blade stopping at the bone. "Is that .." once again, trying to taunt her, only to again be cut off by Sierra spreading one of her Wings, several small orbs of light appearing on her crystal 'feathers', those orbs turning into Spell Rays, that both burned and froze him at the same time, forcing him to jump back before he took the full brunt of the attack.

"What? Can't fight with out those Anti-Aether rounds backing you up?" She said, taking an offensive stance, before throwing him off by firing more Spell Rays at him from her wings.

Raid Team

The team swept through the building, grabbing what they could, and killing whom ever was still left. Once they where given the all clear from Sol, Viktor set up the EMP Sierra had made for them, set the timer and left with the computers they could bring with them. Viktor was needless to say, not terribly thrilled the Van with the target was still there, But before Viktor could get to upset about it the Driver said that they where ordered to hide and wait till the team was finished due to a Regalia attack on the school. A more sizable one this time.

With the Team in the van and on the way back, the Drivers partner got them caught up on the situation at the school, about Daniel being injured, but not enough to take him out of the fight and an '8 foot tall robot model' that descended and helped hold the West Gate and evac the wounded, and that some one matching Sierra's description had also just appeared and vanished with one of the Regalia leaders, giving orders to the robot before vanishing.

The Void aka Limbo

The Raid commander was picking him self up after another savage attack from Sierra. "Well, your durable, I'll give you that, but that's about all you got going for you." She said as she made ready to strike again when he suddenly went wide eyed, gasped for a couple seconds before his body shriveled like a raisin and dropped like a stone, a strange dagger in his back, and Seth standing a little was in the distance behind him.

Sierra sighed in annoyance. "He wasn't going to last much longer you know." calling to Seth as the two approached each other, Seth pulling the dagger out of the now very dead Regalia officer. "Come now, do you really think I'm here to back you up?" "Course not" Sierra replied looking at the dagger, it was pretty basic, save the runes etched into the blade at the stone mounted in the guard. She'd read about them, it was a Soul Stone, a stone specifically created for housing live souls, to be used for what ever the holder of the stone wanted, typically as an energy source, though that practice had fallen out of use ages ago, and the types of spells and creations that used souls to power where beyond what she knew Seth to have the patience to perform and build him self. Which lead her to wonder what he wanted it for.

Post Raid (3 days later)

The raid teams all returned safely, the odd injury here and there not withstanding. The School forces pushed back and crushed the Regalia attack team, and with the attack on their safe houses, shut Regalia down for the time being. The School suffered some casualty's though, 'fortunately' none of which where non combatants. The air around the school post attack was one of concern, but no where to the degree as after the last attack. People where worried, but confident they could handle it if something else happened. Others, emboldened by the victory, wanted to go on the offensive, a sentiment many in Gungnir where resonating with.

Sierra had gotten lightly chewed out for disobeying order's, but since hers and Daniel's quick actions saved the lives of their comrades and potentially the lives of civilian students, it was little more then a verbal warning. She was going to spend time working on Astaroth, but 'work called' and while she didn't need to leave this time, she was distracted by those duty's.

Viktor however, received word from his clan. The strike team with his people had unearthed some troubling news for them and needed him back immediately. What they found was never stated, Viktor made it pretty clear though, 'Clan business' and all, just that 'it was bad enough that they needed him back home to help deal with it'

Yvette was more or less drafted by the medical staff, her talents in the healing arts proving invaluable in saving the lives of some of the more critically injured, though with the work load the had from the attack she would be busy with them for a few weeks still.