Gato Community College. (game thread)

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"So far only one subject has been 'confirmed', and by that I mean there has been no sightings of anyone helping the subject in question either to get away or in their petty thefts. As to your other question, Akihabara seems to be where they like to go before the vanish, and never before getting there either, so must mean that they have a base or camp or something of the like hidden there." Said Karis in response to both of Daniel's questions.

"You all have been choose because this is the only team that has people capable of getting to Limbo, three of you in fact. So you'll need to divide up and scout the areas with the most sightings. As for what we'll do with him when we find him, that depends on him, but I see no reason to kill him unless he gives you a reason to."

I imagine that is myself, Sierra and Juliet regarding the easy access to the other side. Alfred then showed his curiosity about actually heading into Limbo itself and then given his own opinion on what the realm was like, at least as far as it was explained to him.

I wouldn't recommend making it a vacation home Alfred, your home is likely to have disappeared to someplace else when you got back. Alfred then followed with a couple of other questions, rather sensible ones actually.

"Obvious one would be theft Alfred, given that Akihabara is one of the premier shopping districts for things like electronics, anime, manga, video games and the like here in Tokyo; having a safe space like Limbo to store them would be a thief's dream; given that few people know about it, and even fewer know how to access it. Though something tells me it is much more than that."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet smiled proudly as others gave their support for her being leader, it was often hard to tell how much a group trusted you but this seemed a good indication. Briefly she considered thanking them for their vote of confidence but the conversation had already moved on to discussing Limbo.

Ah Limbo, she felt as though she might have been there once but if so it was too long ago to remember much, whatever demon she'd been serving under at the time had had business in some remote corner of that vast expanse and brought her along. She couldn't recall it being particularly interesting, but then a place so large as to span the gaps between worlds had to have some interesting parts to it. Doubtless she was one of the three capable of venturing there, which meant the others were likely Sierra and Daniel.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Mirabelle found Karis's...explanation on what they would do when they got him to be less than helpful. Then again, it was meant for Will so her being satisfied with it was ancillary at best. Still...she did wonder if that answered his question, or if it was just annoyingly unhelpful like she found it to be. Regardless, she might want to actually ask her own question, especially since they seemed to be moving on, what with Alfred explaining things to Sol and the leadership thing coming up again.

Once Sol finished with his question, she spoke up, saying, "One more thing about the guy...do we have a means to bind him, arrest him, or negate his abilities? Or are we just supposed to knock him out once we find him and hope he doesn't wake up in transport? Anything Seth may have left for us from his magical goodies service?".

She felt that that was a reasonable question. After all, there were talks about bringing him in nonlethaly so it stood to reason that they would have something to aid in that, whether it be by restricting him once caught or weakening any inherant powers he had after the fact to stop him from escaping.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karis

"So far it's just theft. But our contact in the police is concerned some one might find out about them, they mentioned the Yakuza specially, and try to enlist then for something far worse. As for containing them, when they originally asked for our help, apparently we furnished them with a special cell, and hand cuffs to keep them from vanishing."

Karis turned to Sol and Shrugged. "I'd thought that obvious, what with the majority of you voting for Juliet to replace Victor. Once in Limbo, that shall be up to Juliet I suppose."

Sierra

Seeing a break in the conversation, Sierra decided to jump in, since she figured the rest of the group needed a explanation as well about Limbo. Luckly Alfred did most the work for her.

"Well, your not wrong about that, but it's also not as empty as Al makes it sound ether. It's got its own flora and fauna, and varying Aether Density's as well. Though it's unlikely we'll see any of that. When near a world, be it Earth or Avalon, it always takes an oddly chaotic form. The surrounding area twisting a separating into an odd cluster fuck of what of a mess of what it would be normally. It's a bit eerie in places, but other wise harmless, as all the really dangerous creatures that live in Limbo are out in the DEEP parts, all we're likely to see is the Limbo equivalent of a squirrel or field mouse." She explained with out actually getting up. "Oh, and before some one asks, Aether levels in Limbo around Earth are only five times that of the average for Earth, which is well below the level where you'd need protective equipment to prevent Aether poisoning. Worst case scenario, you might get super powers, but even that is highly unlikely." tacking that last bit on the end, as she'd forgotten for a moment that for some of the group, that was important information as well.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"So far it's just theft. But our contact in the police is concerned some one might find out about them, they mentioned the Yakuza specially, and try to enlist then for something far worse. As for containing them, when they originally asked for our help, apparently we furnished them with a special cell, and hand cuffs to keep them from vanishing."

A thief, huh. It's a good strategy. It's basically an upgraded version of what I'm doing, and I've certainly considered the uses of my amulet when it comes to stuff like this.

He could sympathize, which was why he definitely did not want to end up with the more extreme outcome. Sol sat up a little and swirled his hat in in his hands as he spoke.

"So our aim is basically to try to bring this individual in without hurting them. I mean, if we're protecting them from themselves, trying to go on the offensive won't cut it, it's better to try to appeal to them. Besides, a thief is just a thief, we're not exactly talking some hardened criminal. Appeal to their sense of greed or pride or need and we'd likely be able to work out some sort of deal, don't you think? Thieves are, in my experience, not that difficult to deal with. Biggest issue tends to be their egoes but that's just about any criminal."

He'd certainly know that.

"I'd thought that obvious, what with the majority of you voting for Juliet to replace Victor. Once in Limbo, that shall be up to Juliet I suppose."

"Oh, well then," Sol said, a little surprised their leader had been chosen so casually. Still, it was the outcome he had wanted, so he was happy about it. "Then, Juliet, let's go drinking later to celebrate your new position," he grinned and gave her a wink.

"Drinks will be on me, of course, since we'd be celebrating you."

"Well, your not wrong about that, but it's also not as empty as Al makes it sound ether. It's got its own flora and fauna, and varying Aether Density's as well. Though it's unlikely we'll see any of that. When near a world, be it Earth or Avalon, it always takes an oddly chaotic form. The surrounding area twisting a separating into an odd cluster fuck of what of a mess of what it would be normally. It's a bit eerie in places, but other wise harmless, as all the really dangerous creatures that live in Limbo are out in the DEEP parts, all we're likely to see is the Limbo equivalent of a squirrel or field mouse. Oh, and before some one asks, Aether levels in Limbo around Earth are only five times that of the average for Earth, which is well below the level where you'd need protective equipment to prevent Aether poisoning. Worst case scenario, you might get super powers, but even that is highly unlikely."

"Yeah, well, I'd rather not that happen," Sol said, firmly. "I mean, I've certainly felt powerless every now and then, but I'm not really interested in dealing with some side effect super power. We've still got those amulets, you don't mind if I put it on to ensure that nothing happens, right? Juliet?" He looked towards Juliet. She was the leader now. "Because I'm not really that keen going in the first place, but if I have to I'd rather be as safe as I can." He crossed his arms.

"Best outcome would be that I don't have to go to Limbo of course. And I truly don't think that's necessary, as we'll need someone to keep an eye on this world in case the person we're gonna get leaves Limbo to slip out of our reach, so it'd be stupid to just have all of us enter and risk missing that."

Honestly, he didn't know enough about Limbo to know if the stranger could enter and leave without anyone noticing, or if it was possible to keep an eye out. But Sol wasn't about to admit that to the others.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

"Obvious one would be theft Alfred, given that Akihabara is one of the premier shopping districts for things like electronics, anime, manga, video games and the like here in Tokyo; having a safe space like Limbo to store them would be a thief's dream; given that few people know about it, and even fewer know how to access it. Though something tells me it is much more than that."

"Ah, yeah, of course," Alfred said, not wanting to mention that he'd been there before, multiple times, and that it was pretty obvious. It might be a bit too direct of a reply, and that could be seen as a little rude. Daniel was just being helpful after all. "You're right, that makes sense."

"Sounds like it's a simple enough situation then, far easier than I had thought," Alfred admitted between his snacking. He thought it was odd that the police would get them involved just like that, but then again, he had to admit that he wasn't aware the police in Japan was familiar with what the school did.

That's both interesting and a little troublesome. I wonder at what level this goes, surely it can't be the common officers, that would be outrageous.

In his experience the knowledge too much responsibility for a normal, average individual. It changed the way you viewed the entire world, after all. He decided not to ask, it was better for the others to think he was aware of this from beforehand. He knew that he wasn't going to add much when it came to offensive abilities, so if he could give the impression of that he knew more than them -which he was fairly sure he did either way-, they'd rely on him more easily, which made it easier to become part of their group.

Or something like that. Perhaps it was just that he didn't want to admit there were obvious things like these he didn't know. Alfred would easily admit he didn't know everything, but this kind of thing was far too obvious for him not to have given it thought.

So much for being a genius and all that.

He did note what Sol said about knowing about dealing with criminals, he wondered how a hunter would have any familiarity with that, but decided it wasn't the time to ask.

"Then, Juliet, let's go drinking later to celebrate your new position,"

Alfred gave Juliet a beaming smile. "Yeah, congratulations Juliet, We'll be in your care from now on. Make sure to treat me nicely, okay? In return I'll make sure to prove my usefulness on this mission. Ah, also, I'd love to join you guys when you go out drinking."

"Oh, and before some one asks, Aether levels in Limbo around Earth are only five times that of the average for Earth, which is well below the level where you'd need protective equipment to prevent Aether poisoning. Worst case scenario, you might get super powers, but even that is highly unlikely."

"Well, is it known what kind of powers we would end up with?" Alfred asked, noticeably intrigued by this. "I mean, I wouldn't be sad if I got some cool new tricks, though I suppose that with as sensitive a balance as my current powers have, leaving it up to chance might not be the best of ideas." He leaned backwards.

"I'm not too worried, but perhaps it's for the best to do as Sol says and use those amulets, at least for us humans. I don't know how it affects other species, I've heard about Aether poisoning but not this other side-effect, does it work similarly?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Best outcome would be that I don't have to go to Limbo of course. And I truly don't think that's necessary, as we'll need someone to keep an eye on this world in case the person we're gonna get leaves Limbo to slip out of our reach, so it'd be stupid to just have all of us enter and risk missing that."

"That's not how it works." Sierra said, starting to get a touch annoyed with Sol. "Limbo isn't a 'room with one entrance'. It's a place one can navigate and pop out just about where else. It's totally possible to go from Japan the the US through Limbo, as example. cheaper to go that rout to. Not to mention that you can use Limbo to launch a sneak attack, because while you can't see them, they can see you, kinda. Enough so that some one in Limbo can tell some one is there on the other side. So if your not gonna go into Limbo with the rest of us that are, you might as well just stay here." Sierra said, her tone shifting to one containing as much disinterest in continuing the explanation, as Sol had shown in getting it.

"I've heard about Aether poisoning but not this other side-effect, does it work similarly?"

"Yes you have. it's on the lower end of that 'Aetheric Evolution' thing I mentioned before, and no, you don't know what you'll get, but so far as I've read and heard, at the very least you'd get a basic control over Aether, which can then be refined into ether magic as we know it, or ability's that function a kin to that of those used by Ki users." Sierra said turning toward Alfred.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"That's not how it works. Limbo isn't a 'room with one entrance'. It's a place one can navigate and pop out just about where else. It's totally possible to go from Japan the the US through Limbo, as example. cheaper to go that rout to. Not to mention that you can use Limbo to launch a sneak attack, because while you can't see them, they can see you, kinda. Enough so that some one in Limbo can tell some one is there on the other side. So if your not gonna go into Limbo with the rest of us that are, you might as well just stay here."

Sol raised an eyebrow. "Oh." He bit his tongue, he wanted to tell her not to get so upset about him not knowing, but he figured that 1. that probably wasn't it, and 2. that telling people not to get upset had the exact opposite result.

"Well, then... I'm sorry, I didn't know about the thing with Limbo not only having one entrance." He scratched his chin. "And no, I'm not gonna just stay here, I was just asking if it was possible."

I do wonder why she's so upset if it's not about the whole me being wrong thing. Then again, she might be more familiar with Limbo, perhaps it's somewhere dear to her? If so... I guess I was sort of rude.

He listened to Alfred addressing something Sierra had said next, wondering when he'd had the time to chat to Sierra. Then again, from what Sol had heard, Al'd apparently talked to more people than just the two of them.

Almost like an interview.

He wondered if that was just a bad habit from the youth's time as an undercover agent.

"Still, I do also remember that you cut your explanation about the "Ascendant" short, said it would take three hours just to explain how different kinds of aether would affect the abilities. Perhaps we can talk about that after this mission? I'll have to admit my interest has been perked."

"Meanwhile, I'd still really appreciate those amulets from earlier. Or are we leaving now? I can't really see a reason for us to wait around before we do this thing. There's not much to do in terms of planning from what I can see, we have the info, we have the place, all that remains is going to Akihabara to look for this guy, right? Get some gear, a vehicle, make groups so that we can have eyes over the entire place, then when he's spotted it'd go from there. Limbo sounds big, so we can't exactly wait there for the guy we're picking up, better go once we've got eyes on him and know he's entered." He started wrapping his scarf around his hand, idly, and glanced over at Juliet.

"I mean, that's just how I see it. I'm sure Juliet's already got a more detailed plan, since she knows Limbo. Can we head out now though?"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

"Yes you have. it's on the lower end of that 'Aetheric Evolution' thing I mentioned before, and no, you don't know what you'll get, but so far as I've read and heard, at the very least you'd get a basic control over Aether, which can then be refined into ether magic as we know it, or ability's that function a kin to that of those used by Ki users."

Alfred looked at her, a bit confused, before he realized that she was right. He closed his eyes in order to more easily recall exactly what she'd said, and spoke, not opening his eyes before he'd said a couple of sentences.

"Oh, right. You mentioned that yesterday, didn't you? So that's what you meant with super powers. Lemme see if I can remember what you said... An Ascendant is an Aether evolved human, and the 'ancestors',"

He made sure to use put the emphasis the same way she had done, in the exact same places, as well as the same tone. To Sierra it likely sounded eerily familiar.

"Of the beings we know as 'Demons' and 'Angels'. It's naturally not a simple as 'go some where with a lot of Aether and wait, Aether poisoning is a thing after all. But if done right you 'change'." He left out the less relevant bits, and finished the last of his coffee.

"Something like that, right? Hm, some more powers does sound tempting, imagine how much more helpful I could be, but I doubt our little trip would result in much either way," he said, heading over to the kitchen area, putting away his cup and reaching for more snacks, before returning.

"Still, I do also remember that you cut your explanation about the "Ascendant" short, said it would take three hours just to explain how different kinds of aether would affect the abilities. Perhaps we can talk about that after this mission? I'll have to admit my interest has been perked." He gave her a friendly smile.

After that, Sol cut in to ask if they were going to leave now. Alfred had to admit he didn't see any reason to wait around either, any planning could be done on the way to Akihabara, and besides, he had some stuff that he needed to pick up.

"I mean, that's just how I see it. I'm sure Juliet's already got a more detailed plan, since she knows Limbo. Can we head out now though?"

"I'd not mind heading out now either," Alfred said after Sol was done talking. "I mean, some of us could at least go, to scout out the place. It's been a while since I've been there, and I've got a few shops I want to stop by while we look around."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
After hearing Karis's response, and the mention of the Yakuza being potentially involved, Daniel sighed internally. It was a pity that Viktor had to leave for personal business; he or his underground contacts might have known a few people within the syndicates that could possibly shed some more light on the criminal element at play here.

Then came the brief argument between Solomon and Sierra about travelling into and through Limbo; with the former vehemently not wanting to go in, and Sierra going into more detail about the nature of Limbo in of itself to Alfred, which was somewhat interesting.

"I'd not mind heading out now either," Alfred said after Sol had finished speaking. "I mean, some of us could at least go, to scout out the place. It's been a while since I've been there, and I've got a few shops I want to stop by while we look around."

"There'll be plenty of time for sightseeing and/or window shopping once we dealt with our disappearing ne'er-do-well. As for heading out now though, a good idea; the longer we wait, the more potential damage our thief might cause. We may want to have a small presence on this side of the line in case anything happens."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012

"I've got a few ideas, but I'd like more intel before we start anything," she said. This didn't seem like it would be terribly challenging for the team, they had been able to handle the demon realm after all, but nevertheless she would rather deploy some measure of caution. Besides it wouldn't do to have the first mission she was team leader for run into unexpected disaster.

"I mean, some of us could at least go, to scout out the place. It's been a while since I've been there, and I've got a few shops I want to stop by while we look around."

"There'll be plenty of time for sightseeing and/or window shopping once we dealt with our disappearing ne'er-do-well. As for heading out now though, a good idea; the longer we wait, the more potential damage our thief might cause. We may want to have a small presence on this side of the line in case anything happens."

"I think scouting out the place is a good idea, we don't want to stumble into a trap by rushing this," she said "though Daniel I think you and I should go along for scouting in case something comes up. Between us, Sol, and Al we should be able to handle anything unexpected."

She glanced over at Sierra and Mira "If you want to come along you're welcome to of course, the more people the better, though I don't think this will require the whole team."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
She didn't know exactly how to feel about the knowledge that Karis gave her. On the one hand, it was good to know that they had some containment tools in place...on the other though, the way he said it implied to Mira that he wouldn't be supplying them with some. She found that a bit distressing since it seemed that he expected them to fight and injury him instead of chase, pin, and apprehend him, unless they were to meet the police officers and take the magic handcuffs from them, something that she got no indication for.

Either way, it seemed the rest of the group was moving on in terms of conversation, she decided to not press the issue. Instead she just listened as Sierra explain, very curtly, about Limbo to Sol before basically telling him off and becoming disinterested in talking to him, something that had deeply annoyed Mira. After all, all he did was express hesitance towards going to another realm that he had no experience with, something she noted that he had done previously regarding the demon realm, and yet she acted as if he had commited some cardinal sin towards her for daring to suggest that he not have to go into the place that he's just. now learning about. Hell, She didn't really want to go into there herself but at least she didn't run the risk of getting poisoned or gaining unwanted abilities, unlike him. With all of that, overall it just seemed like Sierra was throwing a hissy fit because people weren't adjusting and accepting things at the pace she demanded, which just made her seem petty and bitchy. Mirabelle mentally sighed and started trying to calm down. After all, Sol himself didn't seem to make a big deal about it so she might as well not either. Still, she thought of Sierra as being better than that, making it all the more annoying when she showed that she hadn't bothered to improve on that front at all.

Once she refocused on the conversation, she noticed that Juliet was asking them if they wanted to come along too, since it didn't seem like they needed the whole team. She fully agreed on that sentiment, but she also was curious about what this district that everyone else seemed to know about looked like. Besides, if Sierra went along and tried to bother Sol about that again, she wanted to be there to try and put a stop to it. And with that she said, "Well, i've never even seem this place that you all are talking about, and i've only tangentially heard about it...sure, why not. It will give me a chance to put a image to the name. Besides, the more the merrier."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra nodded in approval of Alfred's recounting of what she'd said, it was nice to see some one else take an interest in 'the way of things' like she did. "Depending on how things go, sure, I could explain how Aspected Aether effects the process." she replied as Juliet started to lay out a plan, far as grouping goes anyway.

Karis on the other hand, seeing things where in hand, and some what under way made one final statement. "Make sure you talk to Estinien before you leave, he'll have extra cuffs for you, or he should anyway. He said they'd be done by now."

Sierra on the other hand pondered whether or not to go, she did have some school or to do, and a bit of research to work on, and since both William and Tomas both said they'd be bowing out of this one in favor of their own school work, since, in agreeing with Juliet, they felt the whole team wouldn't be needed.

"hmm ... Sure, why not, I'll go to." Sierra said after a few moments of thinking. Really it was just an excuse to go to Limbo, and drink in the Aether. What ever she was turning into, seemed to need more of the stuff then before, or maybe it was just apart of the process, ether way she was feeling a bit 'choked' lately.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"I think scouting out the place is a good idea, we don't want to stumble into a trap by rushing this, though Daniel I think you and I should go along for scouting in case something comes up. Between us, Sol, and Al we should be able to handle anything unexpected."

"Okay then, seems like the boss has spoken," Sol grinned. Part of him wondered if he could use Juliet's nature to get his way every now and then, but the other dismissed it, he wasn't going to be manipulative about it.

Besides, something tells me Juliet is far better at that sorta stuff than me either way.

"Well, i've never even seem this place that you all are talking about, and i've only tangentially heard about it...sure, why not. It will give me a chance to put a image to the name. Besides, the more the merrier."

"hmm ... Sure, why not, I'll go to."

Will and Tomas declined, and Sol shrugged. Having a full team would be preferable, but he supposed too big of a crowd might end up attracting too much attention. Besides, dividing up the team meant that if something happened to make the rest of the group tired or unable to fight, they'd still have at least a few people who could be useful. He looked to Mira.

"I've never been there either, so it'll be fun to have a look around. And do our job, of course, but that goes without saying."

He stretched and looked as Alfred left to get his gear. He wondered what that gear consisted of. Sol already had pretty much everything he needed in his coat, and the gun never really left his side.

He can use magic, right? So it's probably just a...

Sol's train of thoughts left the station when the other returned with a gun in his hands, holding it in a casual manner.

Well, scratch that. Jikes, at that time I'd not even held a gun, and that despite being a criminal.

Then again, Will was about the same age and could turn into a gun. Besides, Sol had started out his hunting career at a rare age, too old to have been brought into it by family bonds, and too young to have had established enough of a family to have a burning need for revenge, like some of the older hunters who started as outsiders.

"So, we're heading to get the cuffs and hopefully the amulets, right?" He looked to Sierra and Mira. "Any of you know where we need to find the guy with the cuffs?"

Alfred Frye

"Ah, but Daniel, if we go around not buying or showing any interest in the stores, we'd look suspicious, don't you agree?" He smiled innocently. "No worries, I'll make sure not to get distracted, I've done work like this for years, it's practically second nature to me." He decided not to specify, he doubted the others would be very happy to know the details of what he had done while undercover, finding and keeping an eye on Regalia's targets. Not kill, that was someone else's job.

At least it allowed Gato to know which targets I was sent after so they could protect and save them.

He didn't dwell on it, he knew what he'd done and he knew that not all of it was ideal, but he'd since long abandoned any sort of pretense of innocence in regards to his own actions.

"Depending on how things go, sure, I could explain how Aspected Aether effects the process."

Alfred gave her a brief nod as a thank you, before he got up. He was eager to get going, with the file they had just about the details they needed for this mission, and the first part of this mission was right up his alley, which meant he could prove himself dependable.

"Make sure you talk to Estinien before you leave, he'll have extra cuffs for you, or he should anyway. He said they'd be done by now."

"Sure, it would be silly to move without the tools necessary to complete the mission," Alfred said, then looked to the others. It seemed both Mira and Sierra was coming with them as well, though Will and Tomas opted to stay behind.

I guess studying is very important to some people.

It certainly wasn't to him anymore, Alfred had since long gotten fed up with the whole school thing either way. Besides, Juliet had a point, he doubted they would need everyone for a job like this, at least if it went right. "I'll go get some stuff in case something unexpected happens," he told the others, and headed into his room, quickly returning with his favourite gun -with a fair amount of ammo in a dark leather messenger bag- and some better shoes, as well as his wallet. Checking his gun -oh how he'd missed it while uncover- Alfred spoke.

"Hm, looks like everything's still in order. Okay then, I'm ready to head out whenever you guys are."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Make sure you talk to Estinien before you leave, he'll have extra cuffs for you, or he should anyway. He said they'd be done by now."

Mira was actually relieved to hear about that. With that out of the way, she felt that they were perfectly able to take the theif out without resorting to violence all that much. Still...she had to question if her allies were willing to do so...or was it going to be another case of dogpile the enemy until he's unconscious. She had hopes that it wouldn't end up like that, especially since the last mission, but there was always that chance...

"I've never been there either, so it'll be fun to have a look around. And do our job, of course, but that goes without saying."

Mira popped back into the discussion with that, realizing that Sol was adressing her. Of course, it was nice to know that someone else had an interest for actually seeing the place...so she decided to make an initiative for once and said, "Well...maybe after the mission we could explore around for a bit. After all, it's not like we'll be carted off to another mission imediatly." Yeah, she liked the sound of that. Just exploring and talking again, maybe finding some odd curiosity around there to mess around with.

She realized what he as going on about and stopped for a moment to think hard on what she just thought. For once, she actually wanted to go out and hang out with her friends of her own volition...for once she wanted to go out in public amongst the crowds without worrying about being discovered. She wondered how her dad would react right then, learning that she had become comfortable enough around people to willingly want to try and blend in, try to talk with others and have a good time without being paranoid. She imagined that it would illict a great amount of joy from him to find that out. She imagined...that he'd honestly be weeping with joy over that, the sight of his daughter actually going out into the world with wonder and joy instead of fear and worry.

""So, we're heading to get the cuffs and hopefully the amulets, right?"

She turned back to the conversation at hand and looked at Sol. Personally, unlike Sierra, she was fine with him wearing an amulet...she just hoped Sierra didn't try to chew him out over it again. With that, she said, "I don't see why not. If we're all ready to go then i have no reason to think we couldn't get those now...unless the cuffs arn't done yet."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
While the team talked among them selves, planned, and bickered a bit, Karis just hung back and watched, just to see how things where gonna go.

Sierra on the other hand, just stood up. "I'm a go see Estinien, I'll meet the rest of you at the van and we can get this show on the road." and with that exited the room. Karis lingered a bit mostly till the rest of the group headed out to the van then out to Akihabura. Sierra rejoined the group in the parking lot, and tossed the handcuffs to Juliet cracking a 'meh' joke about her not being into cuffs, before piling in with the rest and heading out to the general location they'd need to be. A long the way contacting the officer that had contacted them to begin with in case there was something new that had not yet been reported, and a side from a more solid idea of the area they'd be searching, with three major points where the thief liked to 'vanish' there was nothing they didn't already know.

Sierra, due to not being able to completely make her horns, tail, and wings go away just hung out in the van till it was time to decide who went with who. "So boss lady, who's going with who into these known entry points?"

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"So boss lady, who's going with who into these known entry points?"

Juliet thought briefly on this, with three entry points she wasn't sure she felt comfortable splitting up enough to cover all of them. Teams of two would work fine but she'd need to keep personalities and abilities in check, everyone was at least a competent combatant but some were clearly stronger than others and she'd prefer to avoid making one team notably weaker than the others.

"Sierra you and Sol take this point," she said, hopefully Sol could keep Sierra's ego in check while she made up for his lack of overt force "Daniel and Alfred get this one, and Mira and I will handle the last one."

"Everyone should stay in frequent contact, message the others periodically to give updates even if nothing is happening. Any questions?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra looked at the point on the map Juliet was pointing and nodded. "Nope" She said and started to adjust her hair to hide her shrunk down horns, then she remembered where she was, then turned to Sol. "Well lets be about it then." She said, motioning in the general direction of the entry point they where to investigate.

She did wonder why she got Sol though, was it because of earlier? She doubted that, Juliet didn't ever strike her as the type to care about such petty internal conflicts. Ether way, it did kinda leave her in a bit of a lurch if things where to quiet. With the other she could have least struck up conversation due to semi related interests, hell she figured Al would be all about picking her brain about the surroundings, looks like Daniel would be getting that pleasure this round though.

She was fairly sure Sol felt the same as well, not to mention fairly sure he didn't even like her to begin with.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

Sol made sure to drop by the tech people -or whatever the people in charge of magical equipment was called- to get an amulet for him and Alfred. He didn't really care if he looked like he was afraid or at the very least overly cautious, gaining demonic features -or features that reminded people about such at least- would seriously hinder his work, and other hunters would reject him, some even try to kill him. Overall it would be troublesome and dangerous.

Regardless, with the amulet keeping him safe, Sol felt ready to undertake this mission, even as he wondered what his

"Nope. Well lets be about it then."

Sol nodded, though he had to admit Sierra didn't seem overly thrilled about it. He'd noticed how she had acted around him lately, they'd never talked that much on their own, but it felt as if she didn't like him now. Sol wasn't sure what to think of that, he couldn't think of anything between the two that could cause an atmosphere like this, and while he wasn't fond of dealing with people who didn't like him, walking in silence got the better of him. It only was a couple of minutes, but still.

This is killing me.

Sol couldn't stand it, it was awkward and slow and it made him impatient and made his mind race, trying to force him to find something, anything, to say. He wondered what he could ask about though, he and Sierra didn't have that much of a common ground.

Do we even have anything? Well, there's always what she's doing for the queens, the archaeologist stuff.

He had been wondering exactly what that was about for a while now, and though it was many years since he had been dreaming of one day becoming an archaeologist, he still held somewhat of an interest in parts of it.

"So, you're an archaeologist now, working for those two queens and all that. How'd you do it? I mean, I reckon you don't do much digging in the demon word, so do you open doors or explore and stuff like that? Explore the past? Find valuable, old antiques? That kinda stuff?" He couldn't have faked the genuine curiosity in his voice.

Alfred Frye

Alfred had spent most of the trip there examining the amulet that would protect them from the air in Limbo. He wondered just how it worked, but sadly the extent of his abilities with examining magical items were that he could sort of sense that they were magical, not how or why or how strong they were. Still, he was sure Sierra knew, perhaps he'd ask her later. For now though, the most important thing was to do well on the mission.

"Sierra you and Sol take this point, Daniel and Alfred get this one, and Mira and I will handle the last one. Everyone should stay in frequent contact, message the others periodically to give updates even if nothing is happening. Any questions?"

"Hm, I don't have any," Alfred said. "This is pretty clear cut to me. We'll keep in touch." He then looked towards Sol and Sierra as they took off. It was sort of a shame that he'd gotten grouped with Daniel and not Sierra or Juliet. Not because he didn't like Daniel, but simply because, out of the three, Daniel seemed like the most likely person to keep him from browsing as they kept an eye open. Certainly a shame, Alfred knew several good stores right around where they were going to be looking. He looked to Daniel.

"I've got a fairly decent grasp of the area, want me to lead the way?" he offered, and looked at Daniel. "I would really appreciate if we could go through a few stores once there. Not only because I'd like to browse a bit because of how long I've been away, but because these are stores with a high likelihood of either being targeted or having been targeted, given what we know about the target. A lot of fancy eletronics and cds and all that." He smiled, innocently.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Sierra you and Sol take this point," Juliet announced, marking a spot within the target area. "Daniel and Alfred get this one, and Mira and I will handle the last one." She then marked two other points, if one was to line them up, it almost looked like a triangle; a smart move, as it would cover the most space.

"Everyone should stay in frequent contact, message the others periodically to give updates even if nothing is happening. Any questions?"

"Sounds clear enough to me Juliet; a simple stakeout and reconnaissance operation. Though this is likely to be anything but simple."

"I've got a fairly decent grasp of the area, want me to lead the way?" Daniel simply nodded in response to the question.

"I would really appreciate if we could go through a few stores once there. Not only because I'd like to browse a bit because of how long I've been away, but because these are stores with a high likelihood of either being targeted or having been targeted, given what we know about the target. A lot of fancy electronics and CDs and all that." Alfred added with an innocent looking smile.

"Sure, I suppose a little viewing wouldn't hurt; I'll admit, been a while since I was last in the Electric Town myself. Just don't too distracted by it, we are on a mission after all." Daniel remarked, making something of a compromise to his earlier comments.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Sierra you and Sol take this point,Daniel and Alfred get this one, and Mira and I will handle the last one. Everyone should stay in frequent contact, message the others periodically to give updates even if nothing is happening. Any questions?"

To be completely honest, Mira didn't expect such simple, effective planning from Juliet. Yes she knew that she could plan but the only time she recalled her actually planning was when they were discussing and modifying Sol's plan, and to be honest, she expected her to try and make something complex like that again. Instead, she found that Juliet had decided to focus on just location the guy first and then deciding on how to handle the situation from there. She could recognize that it was a good plan for what they had to do...she just hoped that it's simplicity wasn't endemic of future plans, where heavy planning would probably be more necessary.

With the teams and their locations called out Mirabelle memorized the map and said to Juliet, "I don't have any...", before watching Sol and Sierra take off. Daniel and Alfred were talking amongst themselves though ot was clear that they were about to take off so with that, it just left Juliet and Mirabelle to get going. Of course...Mira didn't know her way around too well, one of those problems that naturally arises when you rarely leave your room, so she would have to follow Juliet on this. So, with that, she looked to Juliet and asked simply, "Ready to go?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra looked at Sol, then faced forward. The immediate silence suggesting she wasn't keen on answering. "Do you actually want that answer, or this going to be like your question about limbo and you going to lose interest when it becomes clear it's out side your comfort zone? Because not only is the answer to that exclusively 'off earth', many of the things discovered effectively disprove the existence of 'God', or, rather Christian mythology as you know it." she replied after a moment. "I'm not a fan of having my time wasted, intentionally or other wise. So If you actually want me to answer that then you better not drop interest just cause something I found doesn't jive with something you believed true. After all, the places I've been to are older then the Earth it self, I'm going to trust that information over some book that's only a few hundred years old at best."

She figured that would be the end of it. Sol shut down when it came to things outside Earth, throw in the stuff she found that would call into question his faith? She figured he'd just drop it after that.