Gato Community College. (game thread)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Nothing so complicated or 'specialized', if some one is living here, should be pretty easy to tell. We'll just need to look for signs of habitation" Sierra said, taking note of Sol's queasiness. "So if anything your probably better suited for this part of things then I am." she said as she snapped a couple more pictures before tucking her phone away.

"You ok? your looking a bit 'green around the gills'." she asked, a dull glow starting to emanate from the Aether Crystals in her horns, tail, and wings, while her clothing blocked the view of the crystals in her arms and legs.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Nothing so complicated or 'specialized', if some one is living here, should be pretty easy to tell. We'll just need to look for signs of habitation. So if anything your probably better suited for this part of things then I am."

"Well, perhaps? I kinda doubt it, but I could always try." Sol said, feeling uncertain. He wasn't sure if he could do it, both because he wasn't sure if what he was looking for was the same as what it would be on earth, and because he wasn't too keen on doing it either way.

"You ok? your looking a bit 'green around the gills'."

"I'm just... not used to this kind of thing. I need a moment to adjust to it all. It's just that it all looks so wrong to me. No, not just looks, it feels wrong, like I'm not supposed to be here. I can feel it, you know, into my very bones, this isn't earth. It's like the demon world, it's the same feeling. It takes some getting used to." He closed his eyes for a bit, trying to feel a little more at ease, and took a deep breath, before exhaling slowly.

It'll only be a little while, the sooner we find this guy, the better, which means I need to stop fretting and actually act. So,
I dunno Sol, just smile and cheer the fuck up.

He smiled a bright smile, hoping the expression would make him feel a little optimistic.

"Okay, there we go, feeling a little better. Lemme see, we're gonna go looking for signs of habitation, yeah? Just in general, or is there something particular I should be on the lookout for?"

He had to admit that forcing himself to be more cheerful sort of made him a little more so, even if it was a little too early to say he felt comfortable or even welcome in the place. Still, baby steps and all that.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

"Oh, my my, you certainly went for the jugular with that first question. As for an answer, the cult was trying to unleash a powerful demonic presence onto the world from its prison within Limbo. As you tell judging from the lack of a hellscape, they failed, at least on the second part."

"Ooh, I do know about this one," Alfred replied. "It's the situation you guys dealt with while I was undercover, yeah? I've heard a fair bit about it, being in the situation I've been in means I'm privy to some neat information, since I'm trusted."

That, and I've asked the others about it. Really, it's more that.

He wasn't going to mention that, however.

"With regards to my employers, they wouldn't like me telling you much Alfred; just that we are, by-and-large, an independent organization based in the UK, but with a global presence. Normally we wouldn't be deployed to nations such as Japan, but this was a priority case that needed to be investigated."

"Well, what made you stay?" Alfred asked. "A personal reason or a new mission? Are you, perhaps, staying here so that you can keep an eye on Gato?" With a chuckle, he added; "That's a joke, of course. You don't seem the type to go undercover. Well, more accurately, you seem like the type to go undercover, which means you're not that likely to go undercover if the people in charge knows what's up. Never send the guy looking like he's going to go undercover as the undercover agent. It might be genre savy, but it's a little too obvious."

He yawned a bit, still feeling tired from the eventful night before. "Got any questions for me? I have a feeling I've been asking a few too many now without answering any, and I'm a gentleman like that."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"It only feels the same, because you lack the experience with Aether to tell the difference." Sierra said, Giving Sol a moment to recover, thought for a moment then shrugged. "I'm sure there's something similar you've dealt with as a hunter, where it looks or feels the same it first but you pick up on the differences the more your around it. But there's a difference, trust me."

She wasn't totally convinced he was better when he said he was, but if he was willing to continue. "A camp site or dwelling would be ideal but anything that would suggest some one had been around recently is fine as well."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"A personal reason or a new mission? Are you, perhaps, staying here so that you can keep an eye on Gato?" Asked Alfred, before following it up with a chuckle.

"That's a joke, of course. You don't seem the type to go undercover. Well, more accurately, you seem like the type to go undercover, which means you're not that likely to go undercover if the people in charge know what's up. Never send the guy looking like he's going to go undercover as the undercover agent. It might be genre savvy, but it's a little too obvious."

Alfred then yawned out of nowhere, although it was possibly due to not having fully woken up yet, it was still the morning after all. "Got any questions for me? I have a feeling I've been asking a few too many now without answering any, and I'm a gentleman like that."

"Well, to answer your first question, a little bit of everything really. An old associate of mine wants me to keep an eye on his daughter, she's a student at Gato obviously; he would do it himself, but his work means he often has to travel a lot with not a lot of free time in-between, which, obviously, does not leave enough time for raising a child. He still loves her and doesn't regret having her." Daniel answered, not wanting to give too much away regarding Raphael and Yvette.

"I'm also acting as a liaison of sorts between my employers and Gato, providing my skills where needed; and periodically sending reports back home regarding Gato itself. From what I can recall, they might see if it is possible to expand into a similar field. So yes, you could argue I am keeping an eye on Gato." He remarked with a bit of a smirk.

"Now, a question for you young Alfred, well, the first of two. What possessed you, for lack of a better term to make a deal with a demon?"

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"It only feels the same, because you lack the experience with Aether to tell the difference." Sierra said, Giving Sol a moment to recover, thought for a moment then shrugged. "I'm sure there's something similar you've dealt with as a hunter, where it looks or feels the same it first but you pick up on the differences the more your around it. But there's a difference, trust me."

"I guess I have no choice but to, you're the expert, after all," Sol grinned. He felt at his pockets, everything was still in its proper place. Not that he'd expected it not to be, but it was always nice to remind himself of that he was armed. Just in case.

"A camp site or dwelling would be ideal but anything that would suggest some one had been around recently is fine as well."

"Oh, so it's just something basic like that?" Sol asked, surprised. "I was expecting something a bit more complicated, given where we are."

He stretched a bit, looking around. He supposed he was being a bit too pessimistic then, if it was that simple, looking around for some clues should be easier done than he'd thought. Perhaps he really was over-complicating the whole ordeal.

He let Sierra lead the way, but he started scanning the area. Slowly -but certainly- everything started making a little bit more sense to him, he could see the ways it differed from earth, but also the common threads, how they were similar too. No sign of a camp, though. He supposed that it wouldn't be quite that easy.

"Have you been around this place a lot?" he asked, deciding that wandering quietly was getting a little too boring for his taste. Sure, he'd done this kind of thing alone many, many times, but this was different, walking quietly next to someone was just sort of awkward. "I mean, Limbo in general. There were different levels, right? How "deep" have you been?"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

"Well, to answer your first question, a little bit of everything really. An old associate of mine wants me to keep an eye on his daughter, she's a student at Gato obviously; he would do it himself, but his work means he often has to travel a lot with not a lot of free time in-between, which, obviously, does not leave enough time for raising a child. He still loves her and doesn't regret having her."

An old associate, huh. How old? Angel old?

He'd heard whispers about a nephilim student attending the school. Was that it? Or was it something different entirely?

Too few details to tell, but I could look into it. I've heard that angels aren't supposed to be too fond of nephilim, if that's true, then it might be more protecting than keeping an eye on.

Then again, perhaps getting involved with beings like that was too much of a risk at this point.

"I'm also acting as a liaison of sorts between my employers and Gato, providing my skills where needed; and periodically sending reports back home regarding Gato itself. From what I can recall, they might see if it is possible to expand into a similar field. So yes, you could argue I am keeping an eye on Gato."

"Well, at least you're up front about it," Alfred replied. "Not very spy-like. Just be mindful about what you share. I doubt you intend to get into trouble for sharing sensitive information about the inner workings of Gato, the defense system, or missions that are in the works, but there's a very slim line between what's acceptable and what's not. There's a lot of students attending the college, and I can assure you that if you do anything that would harm them or Gato, I will let the higher ups know. I've been deep enough into Regalia to know that information shared with good or noble intentions easily enough get into the hands of the likes of monsters, be them human or otherwise. So be careful, okay? I'd hate to see your organization and Gato at odds." He crossed his arms, tone as friendly as ever, but there was a certain warning in his expression. However, it softened quickly enough.

"Now, a question for you young Alfred, well, the first of two. What possessed you, for lack of a better term to make a deal with a demon?"

"Hah, that's punny," he said, any remainders of his earlier warning vanished from his face. "And let's see... it's kind of a long story, really, but the basics is that I left home to pursue a sort of freedom that I couldn't get from my family. I've got some special abilities, in some sense, and that meant a lot of responsibilities and expectations. Expectations that I couldn't fulfill, because I'm not that kind of person."

He swirled the bag again, thoughtfully, wondering how to really put the next part, but he decided it didn't matter much.

"Anyhow, I ended up in a bit of trouble, and making a deal with the demon both allowed me to get out of that situation, and to further work towards my freedom and independence, and it helped with calming my magical energy. But most of all it allowed me some power where I had none formerly, it gave me the upper hand. And that's something I've been wanting since I was a child."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Haha, that's punny," Alfred remarked with a fake smile, the expression he had given to Daniel, warning him about not double crossing Gato seemingly vacated. "And let's see... it's kind of a long story, really, but the basics are that I left home to pursue a sort of freedom that I couldn't get from my family. I've got some special abilities, in some sense, and that meant a lot of responsibilities and expectations. Expectations that I couldn't fulfil, because I'm not that kind of person." He paused for a moment, no doubt this was a touchy subject for the man, chances are, he wanted to make sure that he told the story right.

"Anyhow, I ended up in a bit of trouble and making a deal with the demon both allowed me to get out of that situation, and to further work towards my freedom and independence, and it helped with calming my magical energy. But most of all it allowed me some power where I had none formerly, it gave me the upper hand. And that's something I've been wanting since I was a child."

"So your family, or at the very least, your parents, lead a very controlling life if I understood correctly what it is you said? Wow, that's rough, especially to a man of your age, even as a child. No one should force another into doing something they don't agree with, or don't want to do." Daniel said with a bit more of a serious tone in his voice, briefly remembering some of the things that Michael asked of him in order to "Keep the peace" as he often said. He brushed such thoughts aside, both mentally and in reality as he gestured such a motion before returning his focus towards Alfred.

"Sorry about that, I've had some bad experiences with family as well. Well, certain members at the very least. A discussion I'd want to have at another time, and another place." After all, an electronics, manga, music and video game store wasn't exactly the best place to be discussing personal issues.

"You mentioned about how this deal of yours helped with calming your magical energy, I take it you were experiencing some fluctuations before hand? Any idea as to what was causing these?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Until I took this new job. I'd only been about as 'deep' as we are now. No real need to go deeper if some one is trying to kill you out of sight of the normal's." She said, stopping to pull the collar of her shirt to the side a bit to show the top of the scar she got the last time she fought here, really just to emphasize the point. "As for how deep since taking the job with the Queens. Pretty deep I guess. Deep enough that if we'd swapped back to the plane Avalon is, or, Earth rather, for a better frame of reference. We'd have been in space." She said pointing up. "Somewhere between Earth's Moon and Mars, or Venus if you wanna go the other way. Least that was the rough approximation that was given to me when I asked."

"As for why We where out that far, all I'm allowed to say at this point is 'for work'. That said, when your out that deep, nothing really to see, it kinda looks like you'd think Limbo should, a whole lot of nothing, save the odd Aether Crystal formations or Abyssalisk." she added with a shrug. "Limbo in the 'shallows', like where we are now, is where it's the most interesting, the deeper parts are really only interesting for studying how Aether works."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Until I took this new job. I'd only been about as 'deep' as we are now. No real need to go deeper if some one is trying to kill you out of sight of the normal's. As for how deep since taking the job with the Queens. Pretty deep I guess. Deep enough that if we'd swapped back to the plane Avalon is, or, Earth rather, for a better frame of reference. We'd have been in space. Somewhere between Earth's Moon and Mars, or Venus if you wanna go the other way. Least that was the rough approximation that was given to me when I asked."

"Oh, okay then," Sol replied. "So pretty far out." He was about to add something more, but then he realized something about what she'd said.

Wait. Avalon? What the fuck is Avalon?

Was that some sort of term for the earth? He'd heard about the planet being named Tellus or something like that, but Avalon? He supposed the demons wouldn't use the same names as humans would, but still, he'd never heard the term.

Well, that's not entirely true. I've heard the name before, but wasn't that some sort of... mythical place or something?

He couldn't really place it, but at the very least, it did not sound like earth.

"As for why We where out that far, all I'm allowed to say at this point is 'for work'. That said, when your out that deep, nothing really to see, it kinda looks like you'd think Limbo should, a whole lot of nothing, save the odd Aether Crystal formations or Abyssalisk. Limbo in the 'shallows', like where we are now, is where it's the most interesting, the deeper parts are really only interesting for studying how Aether works."

"Huh, okay," Sol replied, scratching the area next to his ear. "I'd have thought that it would be the other way around, that the "shallows" would've been the least interesting part. Then again, if there's nothing in the deeper parts, then yeah, those don't sound that interesting. So, what was this about earth being called Avalon? Is that some old timey demon term?"

Alfred Frye

"So your family, or at the very least, your parents, lead a very controlling life if I understood correctly what it is you said? Wow, that's rough, especially to a man of your age, even as a child. No one should force another into doing something they don't agree with, or don't want to do."

Alfred was unsure of what he should say. On one hand, he was surprised that much could be deduced from what he said, but on the other hand, it was sort of comforting to hear someone say just about the same thing that he felt about it. Luckily, he didn't need to find something, as Daniel himself filled the somewhat awkward silence between them.

"Sorry about that, I've had some bad experiences with family as well. Well, certain members at the very least. A discussion I'd want to have at another time, and another place."

"Oh, that's fine," Alfred said, a bit surprised. He hadn't expected the other to actually explain why he'd spoken the way he did. "But you're right. No one should force another into doing something they don't want to do." It wasn't as if he'd not done stuff he didn't really want to do while undercover, he obviously had, but that was different. That was a necessarity, but more so, it was still, in the end, part of his choice.

"You mentioned about how this deal of yours helped with calming your magical energy, I take it you were experiencing some fluctuations before hand? Any idea as to what was causing these?"

"Well, fluctuations might not be the right word for it," Alfred replied, thoughtfully. "It's not exactly unstable in itself, it's just, from what I've been told, extremely potent. Like, "if I try to use it in its pure form, I'll start bleeding out of my eyes", potent. It's as if instead of being something that'll flow easy, it's like this... mess of crystalized thorns and burning liquid. That's how it feels to use it, anyhow, which obviously means I can't really control it either. Having too much of it in my body hurts a great deal too." He could still remember the feeling from when he'd gotten a... "boost" in shape of his own, raw, magical ability, the whole ordeal almost killing him.

"Obviously, magical energy is supposed to be used, it feels better when I do. Having a way to convert it into something lighter, softer, like the wind, it truly has helped a great deal. Now I can mix them a little, make the wind more potent, but I doubt there'll be a day where I'll use it in its raw form, ever." He shrugged.

"Anyhow, that's how it is. I had to give 15 years of my life for the ability to control the wind, but from what I've heard, that's me getting off extremely lightly. Demon did almost kill me, once, afterwards, but I think that was just in order to "test his investment", see if I'd be amusing enough to be worth the powers. It's not like I've sold my soul or pledged myself into its service either, I'll just live a slightly shorter life." Alfred tilted his head.

"That's your two questions, right? Is it my turn then? Hmm... well, it'd be interesting to know what you can do, in regards to your abilities. Got any cool powers?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Avalon is the real name of 'The Demon Realm'. It's fallen out of use through out most the population though. However most that know the real name tend to use it." Sierra said, looking into a building through a window. "Haven't found out why it stopped being used." She said, as she turned back toward Sol. "There's a lot we don't know still though." walking over to the next building to look into. "As for exploring Limbo, there are challenges to over come. But the general consensus is that there probably is stuff out there, the means just do not yet exist to explore it in reasonable safety."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Anyhow, that's how it is. I had to give 15 years of my life for the ability to control the wind, but from what I've heard, that's me getting off extremely lightly. The demon did almost kill me, once, afterwards, but I think that was just in order to "test his investment", to see if I'd be amusing enough to be worth the powers. It's not like I've sold my soul or pledged myself into its service either, I'll just live a slightly shorter life." Alfred remarked with a slight tilt of his head after giving a more in-depth description of how his power functions, in terms of the trade-off, Daniel thought the young man had gotten one of the better deals he had heard.

"That's your two questions, right? Is it my turn then? Hmm... well, it'd be interesting to know what you can do, in regards to your abilities. Got any cool powers?" At first, all Daniel could respond with was a sigh, but then he took a moment to think things out, and came up with something that should be enough to sate Alfred's curiosity, for now.

"You could say I have a few... tricks." He said with a smirk as Daniel pulled out a deck of cards seemingly from nowhere and began performing a few complicated shuffling techniques.

"In all seriousness though, I make use of these special playing cards that I created. Infused with my power, they have been gifted a razor sharp edge, allowing them to cut through most, but not all armour, both mundane and magical; and they put a brief delay on the subject's regenerative factor, should they possess one. I usually tend to throw them in groups of one, three, or five.

As for actual abilities, like I said, card tricks, but not the sort of stuff you see performers pull off. It's more for utility purposes in lieu of my swordsmanship, but I can use them to create things like a cloud of smoke, a blinding flash of light, or even a card clone that explodes, although that last one takes a little bit of preparation to pull off. If necessary, they can also be utilized for a short range teleport.

Not exactly impressive I know, given what I am, but, you take what you can get." Daniel said with a flourish before putting the cards away.

"Anyway, perhaps we should get going and continue on with our investigation, I doubt we'll find our HVT here."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Ok, so i can either make a foam that expands and holds our target, create what's essentially a sticky glue to trap and hinder his movement, or create a liquid that, when splashed on him, will harden and immobilize any part of his body it touches, effectively petrifying him on the outside. None of them are elegant...but we can still work with them...so, which do you want me to make?"

Juliet couldn't help but smile as Mira went about gathering the necessary items, it reminded her of those shows where some hero would cobble together exactly the needed device with duct tape and loose wiring, only with substantially more anime products. The options Mira presented to her were similarly intriguing as she could think of various applications for each.

Glue would be useful as she, and the other winged team members, could easily avoid the hazard but it also seemed the easiest to escape as the target might simply be able to shed glue covered clothing to minimize the effect. Which was an amusing mental image, but perhaps too sizable a potential weakness. The petrification liquid was similarly interesting but if it missed it didn't sound like it would do anything.

"Let's go with the foam," she said "I imagine that even if our target breaks free of it it could block up a passage or create obstacles for him to deal with."

She grinned "You know, I think this is the most energetic I've ever seen you act."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Avalon is the real name of 'The Demon Realm'. It's fallen out of use through out most the population though. However most that know the real name tend to use it. Haven't found out why it stopped being used."

She turned back to him, and Sol gave her a nod. He could understand wanting to find out why the use of a name changed, especially if it was the real name of the location. Still, part of him was relieved that it wasn't earth.

So it's... the demon realm. Well, beats calling it hell, since that's apparently wrong.

Besides, giving it a proper name made it feel more like an actual separate place as opposed to simply a different term for hell, which it'd been made quite clear that it wasn't.

Then again, do I care? I sort of feel like I'm paying too much attention now. I'm a hunter, right? Not a... whatever this is.

Then again, hunters worked with knowledge, knowing stuff was integral to doing what they did. Even if most of the knowledge was how to kill the creatures they had to deal with. Or incapacitate them. Capture them. Torture them. All of those proper fun, totally not blood-lusty things that hunters did to monsters to "punish" them. Sure, Sol's hands weren't exactly clean, but compared to some of the people he'd met... well, compared to them, Sol was more or less a saint.

I--

He was quickly brought back from his brain's little detour as Sierra started talking again.

"There's a lot we don't know still though. As for exploring Limbo, there are challenges to over come. But the general consensus is that there probably is stuff out there, the means just do not yet exist to explore it in reasonable safety."

"So there's enough people looking into it for there to be a general consensus?" he asked, having stopped following her as she looked through windows, into buildings. He decided to do the same, going over to a different building to look in through the window. He thought he could see something that looked like traces of someone being there, someone who'd hastily covered up the traces of a camp before leaving, but he wasn't sure. Perhaps it was just a trick of the light, perhaps the weirdness of the place was getting to him. Still, he called for Sierra, hoping she'd know better than him.

"Hey, Sierra, is this the kind of thing we're looking for? It looks like someone's at the very least been having a meal here," he said, waiting for her to come over before pointing it out. "So, is it? Or is it just, like, me being silly?"

Alfred Frye

"You could say I have a few... tricks."

Alfred raised an eyebrow when Daniel started shuffling the cards. He wondered if the other was going to start doing card-tricks, but decided it had to be something more... serious, than that.

Guy sure does like his puns, though. I hope that's not all there is to his sense of humor.

Alfred could appreciate a pun or two, but overdoing it could get tiresome really quickly. Luckily, Daniel started explaining his actual powers instead, making what could've been an awkward situation -for Alfred, at least- into one that continued where they'd left.

"In all seriousness though, I make use of these special playing cards that I created. Infused with my power, they have been gifted a razor sharp edge, allowing them to cut through most, but not all armour, both mundane and magical; and they put a brief delay on the subject's regenerative factor, should they possess one. I usually tend to throw them in groups of one, three, or five.

As for actual abilities, like I said, card tricks, but not the sort of stuff you see performers pull off. It's more for utility purposes in lieu of my swordsmanship, but I can use them to create things like a cloud of smoke, a blinding flash of light, or even a card clone that explodes, although that last one takes a little bit of preparation to pull off. If necessary, they can also be utilized for a short range teleport.

Not exactly impressive I know, given what I am, but, you take what you can get."

"I dunno, teleportation and exploding cards sound impressive to me," Alfred said, his sentiment genuine. "Sounds like you've got to be pretty clever to use the power effectively, though. Plan and think, rather than just destroy everything by looking towards it. That's cool, I respect that kind of ability. Although... "given what I am?" What would that happen to be? I don't think you've mentioned."

He smiled innocently, and crossed his arms. "I guess that's a question better asked for another time."

"Anyway, perhaps we should get going and continue on with our investigation, I doubt we'll find our HVT here."

"I suppose not. Was worth a try, though. Should we, you know..." he looked at the crowds around them. "Head into Limbo to look instead? We don't have the best description of the guy, and I mean, we've been looking around for a while now."

Besides, I would be kinda disappointed if we ran into the guy here, and thus didn't need to travel to Limbo. I really want to check this place out.

Daniel would have to decide, though, Alfred didn't know the place well enough to make an informed decision on it, and besides, Daniel had already let him take the little detour through the shops, letting the angel decide was only polite.

"It's up to you, of course. I've never been to Limbo, so I don't know if it'll be easier to try to track the guy down from that side, or if this is the better location to do such a thing."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"I suppose not. Was worth a try, though. Should we, you know..." Alfred said as he looked around at the crowds that surrounded them. "Head into Limbo to look instead? We don't have the best description of the guy, and I mean, we've been looking around for a while now."

"It's up to you, of course. I've never been to Limbo, so I don't know if it'll be easier to try to track the guy down from that side, or if this is the better location to do such a thing."

"Chances are we would have more luck finding our man on this side of the line between Earth and Limbo; here at least we have some general area in which to search through, rather than the occasional haphazard nature of Limbo. Granted, such intricacies are more common in the thresholds between the two worlds, where things are wilder, and some would argue, more interesting. The deeper you go into Limbo, the more mundane it gets." Daniel said as the pair of them left the store and continued to walk down the street.

"As for actually getting in to Limbo, that is another matter entirely; it is not as if you can simply stumble across a tear in the fabric of dimensions, they are hidden by spell-locks, and these locks are hidden as well, but not too well hidden to the point where they are invisible.

Normal people, that is those without a magical inclination wouldn't notice them even if staring directly at them, simply doesn't register to them in their field of view, a bit like a perception filter. Whereas those with magical talent like you or I, with a little effort and concentration, we can sense their presence, and begin to home in on their location; eventually, we'd start to see them. It's not a passive ability, you'll only see them so long as you look for them." He stated, gesturing at certain points to get the message across.

"We should perhaps check in with Sierra and Solomon, see if they have turned anything up yet."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Well, among her Highness's research division anyway" She replied, and was going to explain a bit more, but Sol thought he found something. Signs of a recent meal apparently.

"Could be, lets have a closer look." She said after going over to Sol and having a look at what he was pointing to, and then walking into the building and having that closer look these remanence of a meal. It indeed looked as though some one had eaten there recently, but seemed to have left in a hurry, but it didn't seem clear what direction they went. Sierra looked a bit but couldn't get a bead on what direction they could have gone. "Sol, your better at tracking then me, you got a bead on a direction they could have gone?"

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Let's go with the foam, I imagine that even if our target breaks free of it it could block up a passage or create obstacles for him to deal with."

Mira nodded and got to work on that. Of course, given the fact that it was the first one she suggested, Mira had already worked out how to make such a thing. All that was needed was for her to actually mix it up.

"You know, I think this is the most energetic I've ever seen you act."

She looked back up to see Juliet grinning at her, which confused her. She had thought that she had been like this around her before...but every example she could come up with turned out to be someone else, like Tomas and Sierra. Of course, that was to be expected now that she thought about it. They rarely hung out together, mostly due to their differing interests, so it wasn't suprising to see that she'd never seen Mira like this before. Still, it felt a bit weird to see someone take notice of it and compliment her on it. Tomas seemed to just look at her, confused about what she was doing but mostly focusing on helping out while Sierra seemed to just get up and work on things herself as well, maybe calling her over to help proofcheck something but that was about it. This though...she wasn't sure how to react.

She at first thought about trying to explain this stuff, in an effort to show off more enthusiasm and energeticness...but then she remembered when they had first met, and how Mira's explanation of what she was doing seemed to justifiably go over her head. Of course, she wasn't sure a demure reaction would work either, as she could see it coming off as too annoyingly humble or curt. In the end she just decided to say, "Thanks."

She thought about it a bit more and said, "Sorry. I'm not used to people pointing that out. Usually i don't do this in front of people and the few that i have...well, Tomas just tried not to get lost while helping me and Sierra just seemed to get along the same...groove, i guess."

As she talked, the solution finished cooking. Once it did, Mirabelle grabbed the bottles and poured the solution into a couple of them, sealing them off as best she could. Afterwards, she got started on another batch, before telling Juliet, "Ok, so for lack of a more elegant solution, i'm storing the foam....stuff? Prefoam? Liquid, i'm storing the liquid in these. It's a pretty quick liquid , i.e. you'll only really have time to pour it out, after which it will expand rapidly so i wouldn't stay near it immediately afterward. I'm making another batch just in case we need a large load of it for that sealing of paths idea you were mentioning. Preferably, pouring it on the guy would be optimal but if you want to chuck it then go ahead. Just be warned that it may take a second or two to react."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Well, among her Highness's research division anyway. Could be, lets have a closer look."

Sol followed her inside, though it seemed he'd gotten it right, inside the remainders of the meal were more easily spotted to the point of being obvious. Sol took his knife out and poked at the trash, it seemed fresh enough for not have been there for too long. A day at most. Not that he knew exactly, perhaps Limbo had its own time thing.

"Sol, your better at tracking then me, you got a bead on a direction they could have gone?"

"Well, I'd reckon at the very least that it's not the same direction as the one we came from," he muttered as he made an attempt to see anything that could look like traces -be it footprints, more trash or some sort of clue in the distance- of someone having gone that way. At first, nothing really came to mind, and Sol shrugged.

"But I dunno. If I had any information about---" he trailed off as he noticed what looked to be trails in nearby grass. It could be nothing, obviously, but he still looked towards the horizon. It was opposite of where they'd gone from, and it looked like it lead to an area that would be good for hiding in.

"This way, perhaps?" he said, questioning his own judgement, and looked to Sierra. Crossing his arms, Sol sighed, he didn't really want to guarantee anything despite being rather sure.

"I mean, it's my best guess. And believe me, it's a guess, though I'd say that, given that we saw nothing from where we came from, and where this path is going, there's an about 50 percent chance of it being the right way, which is better than the other directions."

Alfred Frye

"Chances are we would have more luck finding our man on this side of the line between Earth and Limbo; here at least we have some general area in which to search through, rather than the occasional haphazard nature of Limbo. Granted, such intricacies are more common in the thresholds between the two worlds, where things are wilder, and some would argue, more interesting. The deeper you go into Limbo, the more mundane it gets."

"So I've heard," Alfred replied, thinking back at an explanation he'd heard. He knew it wasn't exactly alike, but it was an akin description. It was where he'd gotten the whole: "milk and cereal" description.

"Well, mundane might not be the word they used, but I've heard something similar." He stopped swirling the bag in his hand as Daniel started explaining how to actually enter Limbo. He couldn't help but go quiet and listening, it was odd how something that interested him could make him lean forward and actually listen, not just rely on his perfect memory to catch everything he half-halfheartedly paid attention to.

"As for actually getting in to Limbo, that is another matter entirely; it is not as if you can simply stumble across a tear in the fabric of dimensions, they are hidden by spell-locks, and these locks are hidden as well, but not too well hidden to the point where they are invisible.

Normal people, that is those without a magical inclination wouldn't notice them even if staring directly at them, simply doesn't register to them in their field of view, a bit like a perception filter. Whereas those with magical talent like you or I, with a little effort and concentration, we can sense their presence, and begin to home in on their location; eventually, we'd start to see them. It's not a passive ability, you'll only see them so long as you look for them."

Alfred raised an eyebrow, but tried to look for what Daniel was talking about. It took some effort and getting used to, but suddenly he could see an outline. And then several more, odd looking ones, but clearly some sort of locks.

"We should perhaps check in with Sierra and Solomon, see if they have turned anything up yet."

"That's up to you, I assume you're the "leader" out of the two of us," he replied, and kept looking towards the locks. He wondered how he was supposed to open them, there had to be some sort of method, right? Was just anyone with magical abilities able to do it?

"I mean, I still think we'd have a better chance if we went to Limbo. So, these locks, can just like, anyone with magical abilities open them?"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"That's up to you, I assume you're the 'leader' out of the two of us," Alfred remarked, seemingly looking at something, Daniel figured that he might be attempting to locate a spell-lock, which given what they were just talking about, seemed all the more logical.

"I mean, I still think we'd have a better chance if we went to Limbo. So, these locks, can just like, anyone with magical abilities open them?" To this Daniel internally ummed and ahhed for a moment or two as he tried to think of a simple explanation to best explain it.

"Yes and no at the same time Alfred. As you are no doubt aware, magic is a complicated power, in order to wield it effectively, one must understand how their powers work, and to train their skills in order to unlock their full potential. Since I do not know how far along this process you are Alfred, I cannot make an accurate guess as to how quickly you would be able to accomplish such a task. That's not to say you can't do it, it just might take a while is all." Whilst Daniel was talking, he was busy pulling his phone and typing in the number to Sierra's phone. It rang a few times before the call connected.

"Ah, Sierra, I was wondering if either you or Solomon have made any progress so far in your investigation?"

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Ok, so for lack of a more elegant solution, i'm storing the foam....stuff? Prefoam? Liquid, i'm storing the liquid in these. It's a pretty quick liquid , i.e. you'll only really have time to pour it out, after which it will expand rapidly so i wouldn't stay near it immediately afterward. I'm making another batch just in case we need a large load of it for that sealing of paths idea you were mentioning. Preferably, pouring it on the guy would be optimal but if you want to chuck it then go ahead. Just be warned that it may take a second or two to react."

"Very nice," Juliet said, weighing the bottle in her hand.

She glanced around their surroundings, things had remained relatively quiet in their region and that seemed unlikely to change for the moment. Perhaps one of the others had encountered something more? If so they hadn't sent a message, still it would be good to check up to make sure everyone was still in contact.

"We should check in with the others, see if things have been any more exciting on their end," she said, before she sent a simple text to the group.

'All good here anyone have anything 2 report'

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra nodded to Sol as her phone went off, both from Daniel and Juliet. She walked away from where Sol had said he thought the target went as she answered.

"Hey Daniel, we just found a lead, and a possible direction they went. We where about to investigate when you called. I'll send out a text if we learn any thing." She said, then hung up, and then fired off the same message to Juliet, then a second text as a group message with they're location should the desire to come help, before turning back to Sol giving him the thumbs up.

The two went in the direction Sol had guessed the target went, searching a few hiding places as they went. That is till they saw them, standing there, almost tauntingly before the target dashed off in into a oddly shaped building with about 3 and a half floors.

Sierra quickly sent every one a text with the building location with the extra message of 'here they are'. "Alright, text sent, for now we should wait to the others arrive. On the grounds of, 'I'm sure the target picked this building for a reason'."