Gato Community College. (game thread)

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Hey Daniel, we just found a lead and a possible direction they went. We were about to investigate when you called. I'll send out a text if we learn anything." Responded Sierra on the phone before abruptly hanging up. Moments later he received a message from her, along with the picture of a building, presumably the one both she and Solomon were at currently.

"Guess you were right Alfred, looks like Sierra and Solomon found something in Limbo. Shows what I know eh?" Daniel remarked with a smile as he took to looking at the lock that Alfred had found earlier. It looked to be a fairly simple one in comparison to some of the others he had encountered in ages past.

On the front was a series of five rings, each decorated with a series of seemingly random lines, some which appeared to connect to other lines on the surrounding rings. From what Daniel could gather, all one simply had to do was align the rings in such a way that, when they were all rotated to the right position, a pattern would be created, and the lock would come undone, allowing a person access to Limbo.

It took him only a minute or two to find the right combination so to speak, and the moment the pattern vanished, a visible crack appeared, which then turned into a small swirling void of seemingly random colours. It was around this time that Sierra then sent another message to the group. Like before, it was a picture, but it had the simple verbal instruction of; 'here they are' written in bold.

He took a moment to compare the two images they had been sent, and compared their relative locations to where both he and Alfred were currently; whether it was by luck or sheer coincidence, the portal that Alfred found should deposit them in a place not too far off from the target building.

"Looks like you are about to get your wish Alfred, follow me. But be careful when stepping through, first-time entry into Limbo can make some people feel a bit nauseous, so I have heard." Daniel said with caution before entering the portal.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

Sol respectfully stepped a bit away when Sierra took the phone-call. It was likely one of the other groups, but he didn't want to risk listening into something he shouldn't if it was someone else. Unsurprisingly, Sierra did not address it, though she gave him a thumbs up when she returned. Then they went looking for the target.

Looking around didn't take long. And that was good, because really, getting the job finished would sooner rather than later meant he could spend the rest of the day somewhere that wasn't outside his own realm.

Sol was happy to be right, and felt a sense of satistfaction as the traces lead them to where the target was. The target looked almost as if he was waiting for them by the way he stood there, watching them before running into an odd building. Sure, there were other strange buildings around, but something about this one seemed off. He didn't want to risk going inside with only the two of them, not when the target had waited for them to show up before heading into that specific building. It seemed like Sierra had the same thought, as she started typing something on her phone, then addressed him.

"Alright, text sent, for now we should wait to the others arrive. On the grounds of, 'I'm sure the target picked this building for a reason'."

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing," Sol said, and eyed the building. "The target seemed to be waiting for us. Ideally, we'd not let him choose the battle-ground, but we should at the very least try to gain the upper hand. It's easier to deal with this in a peaceful manner if we're able to make it clear that there's no way to defeat us." He felt at the gun in his pocket. He really didn't want to end up using it at what might be a kid.

Not that I'll likely be the one to finish the job if something were to happen, though... Yeah, that's not really helping.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

"Yes and no at the same time Alfred. As you are no doubt aware, magic is a complicated power, in order to wield it effectively, one must understand how their powers work, and to train their skills in order to unlock their full potential. Since I do not know how far along this process you are Alfred, I cannot make an accurate guess as to how quickly you would be able to accomplish such a task. That's not to say you can't do it, it just might take a while is all."

Alfred nodded. "It likely would, I'm not that far in understanding the non-contract part of my magic. Still, if it is an intellectual issue, I might be able to do better than expected." He didn't want to explain why, people always started treating him different when they found out that he was a "genius", whatever good that ever did him.

Not that I think an angel would care much about it. Nor impressed.

He kept an eye on the people passing by as Daniel took care of the phone call, listening to the conversation the other had as he made sure no one suspicious walked by. With his keen sense of hearing, he could hear both what Sierra and Daniel said, thus it was no surprise when

"Guess you were right Alfred, looks like Sierra and Solomon found something in Limbo. Shows what I know eh?"

The way Daniel said it made Alfred uncertain whether it was meant as a nice thing or if Daniel was miffed about Alfred being right, but the best way to address it seemed to give the other a halfhearted shrug and a smile.

"I guess so."

I was just trying to get us to go to Limbo, but this works out well.

"Looks like you are about to get your wish Alfred, follow me. But be careful when stepping through, first-time entry into Limbo can make some people feel a bit nauseous, so I have heard."

"Oh, okay," Alfred replied, leaning over the phone to see the picture of the building they were headed for. He watched closely as Daniel opened the lock, examining every single action, trying to figure out exactly how it worked, interest keen and attention on the lock. Finally, the portal was opened.

The youth was not hesitating a single second as he entered the portal. He had been wanting to do this since he had heard about Limbo, and doing it in a somewhat "safe" environment meant that he had the chance to really take it in. He didn't really feel any nausea when he entered. Instead it felt... oddly comforting. There was something nice about Limbo. Removing the amulet he'd been given to prevent the whole aether poisoning, and the feeling of comfort got stronger. He could feel the aether in the air, and it just felt kind of right to him. Whether that was because of his natural abilities or because of the whole demon deal thing was difficult to tell, but he was definitely liking Limbo thus far.

"Wow, this is..." He started flying, hoping to get a bit more of a view. Things looked different, but there was conformity to it. It made more sense than he had expected it to. "This is really cool!" he said from about fifteen feet above Daniel. "Oh, I think I can see that building from the picture.. It's like, perhaps two minutes of walking from here. Want me to show you the way?"

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"We should check in with the others, see if things have been any more exciting on their end."

Mira nodded her head at that while silently pointing out to herself that if they had found anything exciting on their end, they probably would have heard of it by now. Still, it was in a leader's duty to check so she didn't outwardly say that. She let Juliet text undisturbed, taking the time to make sure that their rice cooker was sealed properly so that, if they suddenly needed to move quickly, it wouldn't spill and trigger an accident. Of course, she also realized that it probably would have been best to also buy some sort of carrying bag while they were shopping, mostly for easy transport of the backup foam...but considering she didn't know she would have enough to make a backup, she didn't beat herself up over it. Still...it was going to be a pain to carry.

Once she was done, Mirabelle decided to check her texts to see if anyone had responded. She saw Juliet's text clear as day, and couple from Sierra talking about a possible lead and giving their coordinates. She was about to put her phone back into her pocket to ask if Juliet wanted to go to them before she saw another text pop up from Sierra, simply saying 'here they are'. She put her phone away after that and took the rice cooker into her hand before looking back at Juliet and saying, "Well...i guess we better hurry to them, before they get flanked or something."

Of course, saying that was all well and good but she couldn't get to limbo by herself so she looked at Juliet and waited, ready to move when she did.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
As he appeared from the other side of the portal, it looked as though they arrived in a variant of the street they were just in and saw a momentary flicker of the people passing by before it faded, leaving them with an empty street. The surroundings, Daniel at least, were more vibrant and colourful compared to its counterpart Earth-side. He felt a slight glow across his person as the aether brushed passed him.

Daniel briefly remembered his last visit to Limbo, when he first arrived in Japan months back; he hoped that things wouldn't play out the same way twice. He doubted it, given Sierra's boost in power, but one must not be careless.

"Wow, this is..." Daniel could hear Alfred above him, looking up, he could see the young man flying above him. "This is really cool!" He then looked around his surroundings a bit before looking down at Daniel. "Oh, I think I can see that building from the picture... It's like, perhaps two minutes of walking from here. Want me to show you the way?"

"Sure, lead the way Alfred; a pair of eyes in the sky are always useful," Daniel said as he gestured onwards.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Well...i guess we better hurry to them, before they get flanked or something."

Juliet nodded and focused her energy on her eyes. The pupils gradually became catlike as things just beyond normal view came sharply into focus. There one is, easy enough. It had been a while since she'd had any reason or inclination to mess around with spell-locks, but she doubted they would give her any trouble.

Every lock could be different, or so she had heard, but this one was relatively simple. Multiple rings of symbols around a series of spheres, clearly meant to be aligned in some way to open the way. At a glance it looked intimidatingly complex, but after a minute or two of consideration and testing proved to be a simple puzzle of matching symbols with similar meanings.

"Let's go, don't want the others getting into trouble without us," she said, stepping through the swirling rift and into Limbo.

There was a sudden sense of weightlessness, a lightness in her stomach as the shift in aether washed over her. She drank it in, feeling her powers rise back closer towards their true extent. As much fun as she had on Earth she missed this feeling. her wings spread behind her and for a moment she let electricity crackle across her fingertips to test its heat.

"This way," she said, taking off towards the others while making sure Mira stayed close behind. With a little luck they would arrive quickly.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Assuming a peaceful resolution is even an option." Sierra replied as they waited for the others to arrive. "Personally. I'm all for this not coming to blows. Been enough pointless blood shed of late I think." she added, motioning Sol to follow her behind a wrapped wall to keep out of the line of sight of anyone inside.

As they waited Sierra just stared out into the void, or peaked around their cover to see if there was anything of note going on."Huh ... Hey, Sol, look at that." she said, pointing to something off in the distance. "Don't see that often." The 'thing' she was pointing to was a massive beast 'swimming' in the raw Aether of Limbo. "Must be pretty young if it's wandered this far into the 'shallows'." she said, as the beast swam ideally in the distance. "It's an Abysalysc. Don't worry, we're safe. They might be as dangerous as a particularly ill tempered and VERY pissed off Honey Badger, but so long as it doesn't see us, we'll be fine, and this one is apparently isn't old enough to have fully developed Aether senses, so it probably doesn't even know we're here let alone where it is." she comment as the others started to arrive.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Assuming a peaceful resolution is even an option. Personally. I'm all for this not coming to blows. Been enough pointless blood shed of late I think."

"Well, I'd hate to end up killing a person for being a thief," Sol replied. "Especially if we're just helping the local cops. Seems like a bit of an overreaction."

Not that I'm biased. Nope. Obviously not.

His mind didn't get enough time to get off track this time, as Sierra spoke, carefully.

"Huh ... Hey, Sol, look at that. Don't see that often."

Sierra said, pointing at something further off. Sol turned around and saw a huge beast in the distance. His first reaction was to reach for his weapons, the only way a hunter really reacted to anything in a hostile enviroment. Not that his weapons would do much good against something like this. He listened to what Sierra said, taking it in, but it took a brief moment for his brain to go from "holy shit I need to deal with this or get the fuck out of the way" to "okay I'll listen to what people are saying".

"It's an Abysalysc. Don't worry, we're safe. They might be as dangerous as a particularly ill tempered and VERY pissed off Honey Badger, but so long as it doesn't see us, we'll be fine, and this one is apparently isn't old enough to have fully developed Aether senses, so it probably doesn't even know we're here let alone where it is."

"Right." Sol looked at the creature, trying to keep his body from tensing anymore. It didn't take long, but he had to force his breath out -he hadn't even realized he was holding it- and almost pry the gun from his own hand. He then looked back at Sierra with a slightly sheepish smile. "To be completely honest, I'm kinda still a little worried, though. It's as if I have this instinct, that tells me that huge monsters are like, dangerous. But I'll trust you in that." He whispered it in a somewhat dry manner, but he wasn't going to make a huge deal out of it, if Sierra was correct -which he had to admit she likely was- then they weren't in too bad of a situation.

Well, not the "hanging off a demon's body in the demon world or whatever" kind of situation anyhow.

Which wasn't much of a relief, but at least it was something.

"So, since we're apparently ignoring the creature in the distance... we've all gathered, what now?"

Sol shrugged. "Surround the guy, try to get a nonviolent resolution?"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

"Sure, lead the way Alfred; a pair of eyes in the sky are always useful,"

"Gotcha," he replied, cheerfully, then started leading the way. It was easy for him to get to the others, but he had to be a little mindful of the path where Daniel were walking, on the ground.

He should be able to fly, right? Don't angels fly?

It would've been quicker, but at least the guy seemed to have a decent pace, getting them towards the building where the others were waiting quickly. Just as they were approaching the others, Alfred noticed that Sierra was pointing towards something, and Sol seemed to react in a rather odd manner. At least odd until Alfred turned around himself, and noticed the huge creature in the distance.

"Huh. That's really cool looking."

He looked at the huge beast-like creature in the distance. "What is that, I wonder?" It didn't scare Alfred much. He was quick and pretty much impossible to hurt because of his shield, so he felt fairly confident in his safety. However, it would be trouble if whatever that was came over to them. He decided to land next to Daniel and walk the rest of the way, in case his presence in the sky would make them easier to notice. "It's pretty big, isn't it?"

He wondered if it was one of the creatures Sierra had mentioned earlier. Hadn't she explained that they wouldn't be this "shallow" in though?

I guess that's a question for another time.

He thought to himself, as Juliet and Mira approached as well. "So, since we're apparently ignoring the creature in the distance... we've all gathered, what now?" he asked, wondering who the one to reply would be. Didn't Juliet have the leader position? Or perhaps Sierra in this situation, since she was an expert of the area.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Gotcha," Spoke Alfred before he took off into the sky and started to fly ahead, with Daniel following close behind, albeit on the ground, which also meant he had to clamber over a few obstacles that were in the way. Up ahead, Daniel could see that Sierra was pointing something out to Sol that looked to be swimming in Aether, though he couldn't hear what was being said.

"Huh. That's really cool looking." He could hear Alfred say as the young man also looked at the creature up ahead. Now that they were getting closer, Daniel got a better looking at it; the creature was a young Abysalysc, something he hadn't seen in a while, about a couple centuries at least, though from what he could recall, they didn't often adventure into the shallow parts, poor thing must have gotten lost.

"It's pretty big, isn't it?" Said Alfred, as he finally decided to land next to Daniel.

"That's nothing Alfred, that there Abysalysc is only a juvenile; the adult ones can grow to at least twice, perhaps even three times that size. The interesting thing about them is that they don't see with normal vision, at least, what is considered normal by Earth standards. Rather they sense their surroundings via the Aether, stay out of its line of vision, and you shouldn't have too many problems."

Eventually, the duo managed to link up with both Sierra and Sol, and it wasn't too much more of a wait for Juliet and Mira to show up as well.

"So, since we're apparently ignoring the creature in the distance... we've all gathered, what now?"

"We should probably traverse this building with haste before our target has the chance to escape, or set up any sort of traps. Not the most eloquent plan I know. Shame we don't know where in the building he has run off to."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Let's go, don't want the others getting into trouble without us." Juliet said as a swirling portal appeared before them. Mira hadn't known how Juliet was going to get them to Limbo or what to expect but apparently it involved solving some puzzle that Juliet was easily able to solve. Either way, she didn't expect to need to bother with those for a while. Stepping into Limbo with her, Mira followed Juliet from the ground at a good pace, not really needing to take it slow with the container. Soon enough, they met up with the others, already having gathered up and staring at/talking about what looked like a space whale monster.

"We should probably traverse this building with haste before our target has the chance to escape, or set up any sort of traps. Not the most eloquent plan I know. Shame we don't know where in the building he has run off to."

Not bothering to question the giant whale, she stopped and said, "Sorry for the delay. We were making...well, something that may help with that plan actually, if we're just running in and trying to force him out." Presenting the rice cooker, she then said, "This will make a quick expanding foam that we can use to maybe block an entrance or something. Juliet has a few smaller ones on her as well to use against the target himself if you want. Either way, it at least gives us more options..."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet paused to assess the situation as the everyone arrived, the Abysalysc could be problematic but on the other hand it could be to their advantage. It was foul tempered enough to probably attack them if it noticed, but that should apply to their target as well, which might make it harder for them to run.

"About what I was going to suggest," she said "The Abysalysc should make it harder for them to run away, since they'll want to avoid its notice too. We should try to stick together more in here, Sierra should take the front of the party seeing as she's probably the strongest physically, Sol I want you to stay near the back and keep your eyes open for anything sneaking up on us."

She paused to survey the group.

"Any questions? If not then let's move."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Not so much a question as a warning." Sierra started.

"When we first spotted the target it seemed as though they where waiting for us, so I doubt highly this building was free of traps, or some sort of defenses when they entered." Sierra explained. "I would have preferred to do a little out side recon, ya know, fly around peaking in the windows, but given our guest floating in the distance I thought better of it. So be extra careful."

After that she turned to Juliet specifically. "Not to throw Mira under the buss here, but she is made out of metal, and is further enchanted to be even more sturdy. Where as I am nether of those things." Emphasizing this by pulling the collar of her shirt a side enough to expose part of the massive scar on her torso. "So I think Mira should take point, with me right behind her for support."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet nodded as Sierra gave her advice, it was sound for the most part and certainly Sierra understood her own durability better than she did. She wasn't certain about Mira's hardiness herself, but then she couldn't recall seeing her ever being hurt badly. Besides she was a construct, which meant that at the very least it ought to be possible to repair her if she was damaged.

"Good point," she said "Mira, take point then, and it should go without saying if anyone spots a trap then let us know."

"Now then, let's go."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
With Mira on point and Sierra right behind her as they entered the building, followed by the rest of the group.

As they all entered they felt a 'shift' similar to when they entered Limbo and in stead of the twisted inside of a building, they where greeted by a room, with eight visible doors on two floors and a hallway on each floor promising more doors. The room it self was fairly well lit, a couple of plants as decoration, some from Earth, some from the Demon Realm, and some from the Angelic Realm and looked as though it had been generally well kept and looked a lot like a Hotel in a way.

Sierra, not sensing any immediate danger, walked up to one door and gave the knob a twist, only to find it was locked, then moved to the next one, which wasn't locked, and when opened lead to a dimly lit hallway where one could hear the unmistakable sound of a cheering crowd at a rock concert, AC/DC from the sound of it.

After closing that door, Sierra just shrugged. "Guess this is where we play 'find the right door'."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Mira, take point then, and it should go without saying if anyone spots a trap then let us know."

Sol didn't know how he felt about anyone being in front, being the "shield" in case something happened. Ideally, they'd have another plan, another way around. However, he was aware of that not everything went the way it should've according to his own sensibilities, and besides, he didn't know if Mira felt as if she was being used, or simply of use. Those two were worlds apart. Still, he made sure to keep an eye on her expression as Sierra and Juliet made the decision for her.

Not that they don't have a point, of course.

Oh well. Nothing to do about it. They didn't get far into the building before something felt out of place. Somehow, they'd been taken elsewhere, there was the same tingly feeling as Sol'd felt when he entered Limbo. It was as if they'd entered another realm, and a shill went down his spine.

Is this really another place? Does that mean...

He shut it out, tried to focus on the doors and the decorations instead. The more economical -or perhaps opportunist was a better word- part of him started wondering how old those decorations were, where they were from, and what they'd be worth. The more seasoned, experienced part, however, knew that taking those was somewhat likely to trigger a trap of some kind.

"Guess this is where we play 'find the right door'."

"I'll try to unlock the locked door. And other locked doors, if we find them. It could just be nothing, but if the open doors yield nothing... well, it feels like it'd be a waste."

He started to work on the door, hoping to get it open in less than a minute with the proper tools, keeping an eye on the lock and door to ensure he didn't accidentally trigger some trap or something. Forcing the lock wouldn't be safe, which was why he was very careful while trying to unlock the door.

Alfred Frye

"Not to throw Mira under the buss here, but she is made out of metal, and is further enchanted to be even more sturdy. Where as I am nether of those things. So I think Mira should take point, with me right behind her for support."

There was a moment where Alfred considered letting them know that he had this indestructible shield around him and all that, but he decided against it. It was a good opportunity for him to learn a little more about his team-members, both simply letting them make decisions, and potentially seeing how much of a hit Mira really could take.

Besides, I know my ability to fly is retained in Limbo, but I still don't know if it has had any effects on the rest of my powers. I could risk going first and then getting killed because of the wind suddenly no longer protecting me. Or going too far.

He did feel energized, after all. And if anyone asked -presumably after finding out about the extent of his abilities-, the fact that he didn't know if it worked as it was supposed to was what he was going to answer.

I didn't come this far to die on a minor mission, capturing someone using their abilities do petty crime.

The walk into the building was followed by the same feeling as before, the feeling of them being transported to another realm. If so... well, that would explain the odd decorations. However, there was so many questions that followed; why that building? What were they going to go looking for? Were they in another realm, or was this just a special area in Limbo? Deep in thought, Alfred didn't notice that they'd stopped before someone in front of him suddenly stopped moving, and he almost stumbled in his attempt to stop. Luckily, he didn't stumble nor walk into someone, but he couldn't help but feel silly.

"Well, okay," Alfred said, and reached for a nearby door, twisting the knob and opening the door. Staring into what could only be described as some sort of desert, he raised an eyebrow. He could see something in the distance, not a pyramid but something akin to it, and he wondered where exactly the door led. "Well, that's not the right place." He shut the door, carefully, and looked around. There sure was a lot of doors. Wasn't there a more practical way of checking all of them? Would it be safe if they could just open them all at once?

I don't understand anything about this place.

Well, that wasn't true. Given the feeling he had felt when they'd entered the building, and the way every door seemed to lead to real, vivid locations, it was likely what one could refer to a some sort of main building for "travel" through the locks. That was how it seemed to him, at least. If so... He looked around, and then at Sierra. "How do we know if it's the right door?" he asked. "I mean, what exactly are we looking for?" He voiced the question loudly, so that everyone could hear it. He wasn't entirely sure himself, and kept thinking aloud.

"Do we know where he'd go? Did he leave, or are we looking for a door "further" into this place?"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Not to throw Mira under the bus here, but she is made out of metal, and is further enchanted to be even more sturdy. Whereas I am neither of those things." Sierra remarked, emphasizing her point by pulling the collar of her shirt aside to reveal part of a rather large scar, a reminder of her first trip to Limbo. "So I think Mira should take point, with me right behind her for support."

A scar like that would give some pause in wanting to come back to this place, but I guess your situation has improved recently Sierra.

As they crossed the threshold of the building Daniel could feel another shift transpire, whilst the first one between Earth and Limbo felt like a wave crashing against the rocks to him, this one was more a ripple in a pond by comparison. The sight of the room before was rather... unusual, and by that he meant, unusual for a place like Limbo, as this seemed to be rather neat and tidy.

Daniel noticed the eight doors spread across the two floor that the realm was in, with a corridor on each that presumably lead to further doors. A few of the plants that were on display to give this place a more homely vibe were definitely of Angelic nature, the sight of them almost brought a smile of his face as he was reminded briefly of the gardens back home, where he would often spend the time reading in them.

"Guess this is where we play 'find the right door'." Sierra said with a shrug.

"Quite, perhaps the wrong doors might lead us to the correct one? A sort of clue if you know what I mean?" He asked, unsure if what he said made sense. Daniel then headed up one of the flights of stairs to the upper floor, and towards the first floor that he came across. The door handle appeared to be a little stiff in response at first, but eventually gave way, and showed him some hilly countryside, mostly devoid of features save for a few trees, and what looked like a structure similar to Stonehenge, if some of the stones had been repositioned.

'Huh, well that was a little odd.' Daniel thought to himself as he looked around the room, trying to find some sort of pattern or layout as to how the doors were arranged.

"I mean, what exactly are we looking for?" Alfred asked aloud, drawing the Angel's attention.

"Do we know where he'd go? Did he leave, or are we looking for a door "further" into this place?"

"I imagine one of the doors leads further into or further up the building, depending on of course how the structure of this place works in Limbo. If he left though, then this is a sure way to slow us down."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Mira, take point then, and it should go without saying if anyone spots a trap then let us know."

Mirabelle wasn't too sure how to feel about all this, being elected to be a shield...AGAIN. Granted, she did kind of agree to it the first time, setting the precedent, but that was because it was Will's idea and it was a part of TRAINING, not an actual, real life mission. Still, everyone was waiting for her...so she mentally stopped complaining and moved on.

Once they got inside...well, by all accounts it looked like a Hotel but why one would be here...who knows. She honestly stopped questioning everything the moment she saw the demon-whale thing.

"Quite, perhaps the wrong doors might lead us to the correct one? A sort of clue if you know what I mean?"

She personally only could guess at what Daniel meant but she guessed he meant that each door would possibly have a clue on if the guy had gone in or not and them peicing what he prefered from the general nature of the rooms themselves to track which one he'd likely hide in? Either way, whatever he meant, it would be prudent to actually check the doors first before trying to locate any patterns or clues.

Of course, opening doors all whilly-nilly wasn't really efficient and was prone to causing accidental repeats, so she decided to go down them one by one, left to right. Moving to the first door to the left of the entrance, she opeded up the door to see...a rack of clothes obscuring her vision. Of course she could hear stuff to and she did, though it was mostly just random talking and murmuring, seemingly in Italian, with a muffled voice on speaker somewhere, announcing something. Of course, she ventured a peak, only to see...more clothes. Clearly something was going on and she wanted to know what she so she gently opened those up...to a line of various European women, applying makeup and getting dressed in what looked like some crazy fashion show get up. Seeing enough she closed the clothes and closed the door, moving on to the next one.

"I mean, what exactly are we looking for?"

She stopped and looked back at Alfred, quite loudly thinking to himself.

She thought for a moment and said, "I'm thinking, since the whale-thing is blocking us from just going through the window, we're looking for a way "up"." before looking into the second door. In it she saw...what looked to be an unocupied observation station she guessed. Looking up, she could see...well, a sea, though one that seemed to get darker the higher it went. Within it, there were strange monstrosities that she could scarcely call fish swiming about, though none seemed to even give pause to the room she was looking into.. She stared for a few moments before closing the door and shruging.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet moved with the group, making sure to mark doors they'd already checked to avoid them repeating themselves if they had to double back. At the same time she kept her senses on high alert; listening, looking and even smelling for any sign of their target.

"This is going slowly," she muttered to herself, then sighed knowing there wasn't much to be done to speed it up. She checked another door finding a sterile looking hallway filled with beds, quiet save for the beeping of heart monitors and the occasional cough.

She closed it and marked it off.

"We've got to be narrowing in on him," she said "keep an eye out."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra closed another dud door, then just looked at it for a moment before just hunkering down and examining the door it self for any clues they could use, while the others kept opening doors.

The enchantment on the door that was causing the portals was complex and layered, which it would have to be for it to work like they do. She then compared the enchantment on that door to it's neighbors, and found them to be identical, which struck her as odd given portals like these needed destinations coded into them, so she opened the door, closed it, gave it a second, then opened it again, and got a different location. "Son of a ***** ..."

"Finally figured it out eh?" a female voice said from above her. Sierra looked up in time to see the person hop down from the second floor down to the first. She was dressed casually, not tight, but not lose fitting jeans, high top shoes, a t-shirt with the Overwatch logo on it, which was tucked away behind a fairly normal black leather jacket. Apart from her average bust size the rest of her figure was pretty much concealed by her clothing and general stance. She had a skin tone that normally would have suggested she was from one of the islands in the pacific, but her facial structure said 'European'. She had her hair tied back in a low pony tail, exposing her pointed ears, which aside from her stilted gold eyes, was the only indication she wasn't human.

Sierra, upon getting a good look at this person, froze for a second, then in a move that probably would have shocked every one there, dropped down and kneeled before her.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Daniel had searched through another half dozen or so doors, trying to find something, anything really, that would point the team in the right direction of their target; so far, nothing of substance in that regard. During his search though, Daniel felt a mighty presence in the air; someone or something possessing a powerful aura was nearby. He pulled back the part of his coat that hid his sword, having it prepared in case of a battle.

Looking back at the doors, Daniel thought to look at the doors themselves, rather than what laid beyond their thresholds and reached out with his angelic perception. As his vision shifted a little to accompany the change, he noticed that the three doors before him had a similar, yet still a rather complex pattern engraved on their surface, the lines giving off a faint glow.

'Remarkable, these patterns remind me of the dialling codes used to operate the Argarthan Network. I wonder if they function the same?' Daniel asked with curiosity in his voice, just as he was about to reach out and touch one, he was interrupted by a voice from above.

"Finally figured it out eh?" Whoever it was, it was certainly female, and when he turned around he saw a figure drop down to the centre of the room. Walking over to the balcony, he saw a woman with long silver hair, who stood at an inch shy of six feet, her skin lightly tanned, and who dressed in a somewhat casual fashion.

To the untrained eye, she looked like a normal human being, but the fact that her eyes were golden and slightly stilted, and the fact that Sierra had knelt before this woman, showed Daniel that this was more than just some random stranger; it meant she was one of the Queens. Sensing the aura from before, but this time without distraction and at its full power, he knew which one it was.

"Ah, Rozalin, surprised to see you here. To what do we owe the honour, of having an audience with a Queen of the West?" He asked with a small nod as a sign of respect.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

Sol spent some time trying to get the door up, but it soon proved to be pointless, as it seemed to be stuck. Not just stuck as in "he did a bad job trying to pick the lock", but stuck as in "it keeps changing and it's impossible to keep up". He had suspected it would be the case, but from the looks of it, the others didn't have much luck either, so at least he hadn't wasted more time than anyone else. Sierra cursed as she opened a door twice, apparently none of them were set in where they lead to.

So it doesn't really matter which we open. Well, that sucks.

It seemed like this would take forever. Regardless, he sighed and stood up, stretching as he thought of a different kind of solution to this issue, though it apparently fell from the sky. Or jumped down from the second floor.

"Finally figured it out eh?"

Confused, Sol looked at the recently arrived woman, giving her enough benefit of the doubt to not point his gun at her, but still making sure to keep it close, just in case. There was something off about her, the color of her eyes, her ears, but most of all, the fact that she was there. No normal people would be in a place like this, that was for sure. Sierra showed a surprising amount of respect of the newcomer, and Daniel seemed to know exactly who it was.

"Ah, Rozalin, surprised to see you here. To what do we owe the honour, of having an audience with a Queen of the West?"

He raised an eyebrow. Queen of the West, one of the demon queens, right? Sierra's reaction to the woman certainly had hinted at that. Meeting the queen's eyes, he took off his hat and gave her a court nod, more to not to piss her off than to show her respect. Sol was, after all, a man of god, getting all cozy with demon lords wasn't exactly on his list of things to do. Still, he stepped a bit closer, careful not to move too quickly or act too rashly. Hand still in pocket, close to his gun, but at the very least he was being polite.

"No offence, miss Queen of the West, but if you know how to traverse these doors, mind letting us know? We need to have a friendly chat with the guy that's hiding up here." Sol would've asked her why she was there, but it was probably best not to pry while asking for a favor. He looked at Sierra, hopefully she'd back him up on the question as well.

Alfred Frye

Alfred opened doors here and there, taking note of which ones had been opened and which hadn't. Some of the others had a orderly way of doing it, but overall it didn't matter to him what the order they opened doors in was, he'd remember everything either way. The different doors led to so many locations, it was difficult not to simply imagine all the different possibilities it could bring.

I'd love to be in control of this place. It would be great both for transportation of myself, items, and other people, as well as simply hiding.

Well, apart from the fact that the doors seemed to lead to very particular locations.

Do they all just lead to random locations, or would it change if we tried it repeatedly?

It was an interesting question, but if that was the case... well, then this would be a lot more difficult. He watched as Sierra seemed to figure something out, and, as she did try to open a door repeatedly -being met with different locations each time- it became clear that they weren't going to succeed by doing this, and he stopped.

"Well, that's certainly a bit of an issue."

"Ah, Rozalin, surprised to see you here. To what do we owe the honour, of having an audience with a Queen of the West?"

Alfred gave the queen a polite bow, but he wasn't going to go as far as Sierra had. He knew to show respect for a queen, and certainly could be a bit of a sycophant if need be, but he didn't feel like it was his place to do so this time. He'd heard whispers about Rozalin here and there, and he doubted he could fool her with half-assed pretense of respect. He didn't spoke, as he He looked to Sierra and Juliet, they seemed like they were the ones in the best place to speak up. Instead, Sol was the one to continue the conversation.

"No offence, miss Queen of the West, but if you know how to traverse these doors, mind letting us know? We need to have a friendly chat with the guy that's hiding up here."

Alfred examined the Queen to ensure she didn't feel insulted by his tone or anything by that. Of the people there, Sol was the most vulnerable and easily killed, so it was probably best to shield him if Rozalin seemed like she might attack.