Gato Community College. (game thread)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rozalin gave a light wave of greeting, then turned to Sierra. "You can get up. I appreciate you 'respecting the rank', an all but no need to go super formal with it, a light bow would have been enough since I'm not here on any official business." she then turn her attention to Daniel as Sierra stood.

"I am going to visit a friend. Our team got called out by some wanna be 'pros', and we intend to grind them beneath our heels in one big LAN party." Rozalin said.

Sierra then jumped in to explain exactly what Rozalin meant. "Lady Rozalin has taken a keen interest in online competitive video games. Not sure which ones though." To witch Rozalin just replied "Overwatch is the subject tonight."

Rozalin then turn to Sol. "Assuming the person your after lives here. Your probably boned. These doors lead to private residences, with the shifting destinations being a security system to keep unwanted individuals out. So unless your invited in, or are other wise authorized by the person living there, your flat out not getting in."

Sierra just signed. She could probably hack the doors but it might take longer then any one was willing to wait for.

But before the fact that they couldn't actually complete the mission full sank in one of the doors flung open on the second floor, and out stepped a man, dress in what could be called 'casually formal' give him was in a nicer suit for the most part, but at the same time it wasn't 'super formal' like a business suit or something of the like.

He looked around, spotted the group, and Rozalin. "Your grace, I would appreciate it if" he stopped when he noticed Daniel, a rather surprised look crossing his face, before letting out a short 'ha!' "Brother, I must say I am surprised to see you at all, let alone here of all places. Come, join us, we can catch up a bit."

Rozalin, checking her watch. "Hey, is 'Leeroy' in there, Phanuel?" Rozalin asked, then from with in the room another guy stomped out, this one being the guy Sierra and Sol had seen early "I don't care if you are a queen stop fuc ... oh." his outburst cut short when he saw the group.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"I am going to visit a friend. Our team got called out by some wannabe 'pros', and we intend to grind them beneath our heels in one big LAN party." Rozalin said in response to Daniel's question, with Sierra briefly stepping into to say that the Queen had taken an interest in online competitive video games. "Overwatch is the subject tonight."

No surprises there, given the shirt you are wearing, then again, Overwatch is astoundingly popular from what I recall.

"Assuming the person you're after lives here. You're probably boned. These doors lead to private residences, with the shifting destinations being a security system to keep unwanted individuals out. So unless you're invited in, or are otherwise authorized by the person living there, you are flat out not getting in." In response, Daniel internally sighed in frustration.

I would wager that either Rozalin or our target isn't going to simply let us wonder in. Sierra 'might' get a pass because of who she works for, but that is debatable. Either way, we are basically stuck for the moment.

Whilst this thought was going on in the Angel's head, one of the doors on the second floor swung open with a mighty thud and out stepped a rather human-looking man, dressed in a casual, yet still smart looking cream coloured suit; the top button of his shirt undone.

Looking up at his head, Daniel saw a short mane of dark brown, slightly grey looking hair, the lower half of his face adorned with a slight stubble, indicating that the man had recently shaven. His dark blue eyes gave off an incandescent glow, and his aura felt familiar to Daniel. "Definitely angelic," He thought.

The angel in question briefly looked around at the group before focussing on Rozalin. "Your grace, I would appreciate it if" He stopped mid-sentence as his attention returned to Daniel and in that moment, the exiled Archangel recognised his kin instantly, it was none other than Phanuel, Angel of Repentance and Hope, or in some texts, Fate. A surprised look crossed his face for a moment, before letting out a short "Ha!" before proceeding to speak.

"Brother, I must say I am surprised to see you at all, let alone here of all places. Come, join us, we can catch up a bit."

"I could say the same for you Brother, but I get the feeling there is a purpose here. As for a chance to catch up, perhaps a bit later; all the same, it is, nice to see you." Daniel remarked with a smile and a small nod.

"Hey, is 'Leeroy' in there, Phanuel?" Daniel could hear Rozalin ask, moments later, another man stepped out of the same door, and stood next to his brother. "I don't care if you are a queen stop fuc ... oh." The man's voice cracked when he saw the group, a bead of sweat coming off his brow.

"So, Mr. Jenkins, what have you got to say for yourself?"

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
As far as Mirabelle was concerned, this mission had taken a turn for the...well, strange wasn't the right word. Still, after one of the demon queens showed up, things devolved into a sort of 'convenient madness', she guessed she could say. Apparently she was just passing by, Daniel met one of his brothers, and the guy they were chasing was friends with both. Of course, the fact that they were all friends was convenient since, from context, it seemed like they wouldn't be able to get to him otherwise, though on that front, she was a bit skeptical. Every security system has a weakness, everything does so, with the proper knowledge, she figured that they would have been able to force their was in in some capacity...the only problem with that would be their need to rely upon Seirra, Daniel, and possibly Juliey to figure it out due to the other half of the team's lack of knowledge about magic. Either way though, that didn't matter now. What did matter was the question of what we were going to do about this guy.

Obviously, the simple answer would be to take him in...but things stopped being so simple with the presence of those self-same friends that had baitted him out. Of course, it could be argued that they were okay with them taking him away considering what just happened...but if they weren't, even if it was just that he was essential to that game they were going to, she really couldn't be sure that they could pull out anything resembling a victory over them. If they pressed the issue then there would be no chance to complete the mission.

Still, it seemed Daniel was confident that they could at least bring out a confession and apology, if not bring him in, so she decided to wait and see how that worked out before trying anything.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Assuming the person your after lives here. Your probably boned. These doors lead to private residences, with the shifting destinations being a security system to keep unwanted individuals out. So unless your invited in, or are other wise authorized by the person living there, your flat out not getting in."

"Right. That's... not what I wanted to hear. Still, thanks, it might help knowing how they work," Sol said, and crossed his arms. This seemed like it might become more troublesome than he'd expected, but just as he was about to decide that the entire trip had been wasted, and that he wanted to go back, Daniel's brother appeared, and, without much issue, brought out the target. He wasn't sure if the relief or the annoyance over how simple it actually had been was stronger, but decided to keep a positive outlook, at least for the time being.

So much for this whole thing being failed, and all that. Still, I'd love for this to be resolved this easily.

It seemed unlikely, obviously, but it wouldn't hurt to try to use the opportunity.

Sol couldn't help but eye the newcomer. Well, the most recent newcomer anyhow. He was going to address the man, but Daniel beat him to it.

Sol raised an eyebrow. Did Daniel know the guy? If so, that'd either make this way easier, or way harder. But the angel's voice seemed more sarcastic than familiar, as if joking, and Alfred seemed amused at the name chosen, so perhaps not. Whichever it was, Sol stepped forward, and added to what Daniel had said.

"The gist of it is that we're here to talk, and to see if we can come to some sort of agreement."

Now, it wasn't exactly a lie. They had arrived with the intent of talking and coming to some agreement. And capture the guy, if he didn't come willingly. Or kill him, if worst came to. Still, it didn't take a genius to figure that actually saying that would fuck this whole situation up.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

Alfred was learning quite a lot of interesting facts right now. Firstly was the fact that apparently one of the demon queens played video games. Even Overwatch. Not only did she do that, but she played them with Daniel's "brother", which suggested that demon royalty played video games with angels. Which was an odd thought in itself -surely demons and angels had better things to do than playing video games- but still, it was an interesting fact. So was the fact that apparently the doors acting as they did was a security measure, not their function, as he had assumed this to be some sort of travelling hub or something akin to that. Some sort of station or airport, just for teleporting doors as opposed to vehicles.

Alfred couldn't keep himself from smiling at that, even forcing himself to cough and clear his voice just to avoid snickering. It probably wasn't the right time for that (nor the right company), so he dried his eyes -coughing, fake or not, tended to cause his eyes to run- and kept his mouth shut.

Still, this could either be a very good situation, or a very dangerous one. It just remains to see which one it is.

Alfred wasn't just going to stand by and watch, despite the fact that he was wearing a casual and nonchalant expression while balancing on the back parts of his heels might suggest so. He was simply concentrating, preparing himself mentally for using his powers to shut the door behind this Leeroy guy, and to hinder the target in escaping. He mapped out the best way to do it in his mind, and kept himself ready without actually using his powers, thus ensuring that his intent wasn't being broadcast as some sort of magical signal before -and if- he needed to act. Being the non-protective part of his powers he would not be able to fully trap the guy -let alone deal with the queen and the angel, should they decide to act- but this would at the very least ensure that the others could get the target without too much of a fuss.

Unless, of course, there's interference.

He didn't want to have to deal with a demon queen, he'd never tested himself against one, but something told him that even his perfect defence would prove insuficient against her. A frustrating thought, but one he just had to acknowledge.

For now, at least.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Huh, well this got very busy very quickly. A demon queen here in Limbo? This was unexpected and not something she was at all prepared to handle. It didn't seem like Rozalin was connected to their target at least.

"Not that I'm not impressed to see you here Rosy, but we do have a mission so if you can help that would be great," she said "If not then please get out of the way."

Perhaps someday she'd amass enough power to take Rozalin's seat for herself, but that day was likely a long time off. For now she'd just focus on the task at hand.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rozalin gave Juliet a 'really?' look, but Sierra then informed Rozalin of why they where there.

Rozalin rolled her eyes, but generally looked displeased. "I was under the impression that you and your Mistresses needs where taken care of and that resorting to theft and other such crimes where no longer 'required' for survival anymore." Phanuel said.

Rozalin, who had 'teleported' in front of 'Leeroy' and hovered there, then added, with a growl to her tone. "Need I remind you that there are a lot of people that would love to flay Shelia alive for no other reason the who her dad was. Your lucky it was just this lot that came after you, next time you might not be so lucky."

Rozalin sighed, floated down to the floor and turned to the group. "Normally I would have no issue with letting you take him in. But there are reasons I can not allow for that in this case." she then raised her voice a little "But if he pulls this shit again I'll have to change my mind on the matter. Ether way looks like I'll be dealing with it." she said, giving him a pointed look as she did before then lowering her voice and flicking a small black ball, that turned into a raven in flight that then landed on Sierra's shoulder. "If Reparations are required, just have Poe here deliver the request to me and I'll deal with it."

The raven cawed and then just sat there.

"By the way ..." Rozalin started again. "Why was Seth asking about Lua? I over heard a little of him and my sister talking before I left."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Normally I would have no issue with letting you take him in. But there are reasons I can not allow for that in this case."

"But if he pulls this shit again I'll have to change my mind on the matter. Ether way looks like I'll be dealing with it.

Well, that's... anticlimatic.

Sure, he'd hoped that it wouldn't end up in a fight, but at this point it wasn't even a conversation, just someone else handling it for them.

I mean, it's super convinient. But are we supposed to just... let it be like this?

He looked to Sierra, questioningly, she'd know better than anyone else whether this was acceptable or not. She was the only one there with a direct connection to the queen, at least.

"So, do we just... leave then?" he asked no one in particular, yet he said it out loud, adding, -more spesifically to the queen-; "Can we get like, the fact that you're going to handle it in writing?"

He let the question hang in the air, and eyed the bird tht had just startd appearing out of nowhere.

Is that a reply? Or is it... well, just a bird?

Magic bird, anyhow.

"By the way ... Why was Seth asking about Lua? I over heard a little of him and my sister talking before I left."

Sol shrugged, he had no idea what he was supposed to say in regards to that. He didn't even know what Lua was. From how Alfred replied it was a bit of a secret though.

Guess it's connected to the whole undercover thing then.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

Alfred was a bit amused over how this was going, both over Leeroy getting yelled at for acting out, and because of Sol's request for written proof. The latter would be useful, he supposed, they wouldn't look too good if this turned out to be a trick to get Leeroy out of trouble. Still, he let it lie, the request had already been mentioned, and he didn't want to influence too much.

"By the way ... Why was Seth asking about Lua? I over heard a little of him and my sister talking before I left."

Alfred raised an eyebrow. He'd not expected this kind of question to come up, and the whole situation seemed like an odd one for it to be brought up, so perhaps she was just curious. It didn't seem overly planned or significant, at least.

Not that I can afford to be wrong in this sort of situation, though.

Queen or not, he didn't answer to her, as far as he knew. He did reply right now, though, but mainly because he had the most information out of the ones there -or so he assumed anyhow- and that made it sort of his responsibility. Probably.

"If you don't already know, then I'm not entirely sure if you're supposed to know," he said in a apologetic tone. "So I'm going to play it safe and not tell you, sorry." He crossed his arms, leaning a bit back. "But I mean, you could just ask Seth, if you're so inclined. Or any other person who knows, back at Gato. Your sister, for instance."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Normally I would have no issue with letting you take him in. But there are reasons I can not allow for that in this case. But if he pulls this shit again I'll have to change my mind on the matter. Ether way looks like I'll be dealing with it."

And just like that, her concerns were realized. Of course, now that she had actually said it, Mirabelle didn't feel as pressured to get him anymore. Maybe it was the small salvo of disparagement she had shot the target, maybe it was the fact that she was above their punching level, but either way she felt like he would have a much worse time with her than in jail. Still though, at least it wasn't really rheir problem anymore.

"Why was Seth asking about Lua? I over heard a little of him and my sister talking before I left."

Lua? She was pretty sure most of them at least didn't know what Lua was and the few who did, weren't talking...so she decided to make a guess.

"Well...i think most of us can agree that we don't know what Lua is...but if i had to guess, it's either something Regalia has been keeping an eye on, or something that they are planning to move on. Outside of that, the only other reason i could think of is that Seth has personal business that involves...whatever Lua is, but i don't see him discussing such a thing with your sister if that's the case. Either way, we haven't been informed about anything like that just yet so unfortunately we wouldn't be able to tell you."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rozalin, for a brief second gave Alfred a 'don't sass me boy' look, before returning to the expression she had before. "That would imply you could get her out of her lab or what ever book, ancient text, scroll, trashy romance novel she's buries her self in when she has the free time." she snarked before turning her attention to the automaton.

"Well if it is related to the 'ignorant savages'. You needn't worry about it. What ever records they have that make them think going there is a good idea, and give it was a military installation it's not hard to see why they would. But it was a Biological Research facility, and give how much time has passed, and that 'life finds away' as it's inclined to do, I would best describe Lua now as a death trap, or 'Uncle Lovecraft's Fun Time Murder Hole' if your feeling particularly sassy about it."

She then floated up toward Leeroy, who backed up a bit from her advance. Rozalin put her hand on his head, cast some kind of spell and he just dropped with a thud, not dead, but like he was in a great deal of pain. "Next time you feel the need to go steal something, remember this pain, and remember that 'next time', Shelia could be the one paying for your antics." Her 'laid back' tone dropping once more, in favor of a more authoritative one, befitting her station.

Rozalin turn back toward the group. "Anyway, if we're done with the official business, your free to join us for a bit. Otherwise, have a safe trip back." Rozalin said, gave a little wave and headed inside.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"I was under the impression that you and your Mistresses needs were taken care of and that resorting to theft and other such crimes were no longer 'required' for survival anymore." Spoke Phanuel in a serious tone, which told Daniel that there was something of a story behind Leeroy's actions; especially with regard to his mistress Sheila and her father of notoriety, Daniel might be considered intrigued enough to find out more, but, now was not the time.

"Normally I would have no issue with letting you take him in. But there are reasons I can not allow for that in this case."

Like you being down a player for your game perhaps? Or maybe some other business?

"But if he pulls this shit again I'll have to change my mind on the matter. Either way looks like I'll be dealing with it." She remarked, before summoning a small ball of dark energy that quickly shifted into the form of a raven then perched itself atop Sierra's shoulder. "If reparations are required, just have Poe here deliver the request to me and I'll deal with it." To that, Poe merely cawed before getting itself comfortable.

Good to see that someone reads the classics, though a little on the nose.

"Why was Seth asking about Lua? I overheard a little of him and my sister talking before I left."

Lua huh? The name doesn't ring a bell, though judging from Alfred's reaction, a location that Regalia was going to investigate perhaps?

It appeared that Daniel's assumption was quite possibly correct, with the knowledge that Lua was some kind of ancient biological research centre, and that, given how old it is, and what was being described by Rozalin, it wasn't exactly a good place to be. He made a note to pass on the name to Caliburn's research department, with the proviso, that, if located, not to enter under any circumstances.

After Rozalin delivered a dire threat and an example of what might happen to either him or Leeroy or this Sheila the next time he pulls a stunt like this, she addressed the group once more. "Anyway, if we're done with the official business, your free to join us for a bit. Otherwise, have a safe trip back." She then stepped back into the game room.

"Well, this whole thing has sort been a little anti-climactic now, has it not? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to spend some time with my brother."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Well if it is related to the 'ignorant savages'. You needn't worry about it. What ever records they have that make them think going there is a good idea, and give it was a military installation it's not hard to see why they would. But it was a Biological Research facility, and give how much time has passed, and that 'life finds away' as it's inclined to do, I would best describe Lua now as a death trap, or 'Uncle Lovecraft's Fun Time Murder Hole' if your feeling particularly sassy about it."

...she wasn't sure why she needed to know that but she wasn't just going to pass up the information. It might be relevant later, after all. Still, she doubted the Lovecraftian angle on that explanation. After all, she found little evidence of anything that would even approach cosmic horror levels of weirdness in her experiences, and besides, the cosmic horror angle ignores the fact that, when life finds a way, it doesn't turn into some sight-rending horror, it incorperates whatever is in the environment to help it survive. Any thought tearing looks or power would have to have been incorperated into such beasts by the beings who created them, at which point, it's less 'nature' and more 'power hungry idiots who couldn't help themselves'...not that Alchemists were any better.

As Rozalin personally tortured Leeroy, something that she couldn't stop so she saw no reason to stand there, mouth agape, she started to wonder why such a statement seemed to agrivate her so. Certainly, she had seen some genuinely skin crawling Humonculli that her father and friends had to deal with, but those were creations, created to unnerve for tactical advantages. They weren't 'life finds a way', they were intentional abominations that had the potential to grow out of control if allowed due to the hubris of their creators thinking, "Oh, i'll never die or lose control! I don't need to add anything like say, controlled genes evolution or stable, unchanging gene structures and the like.". Really though, she felt genuine annoyance and anger over the idea that, once again, whoever had built that place hadn't taken even the slightest step to curb their enthusiasm and conduct their research in a safe manner that wouldn't grow out of control if they weren't around, thus creating a persistant problem for everyone else who would go near, from the sounds of it.

"Anyway, if we're done with the official business, your free to join us for a bit. Otherwise, have a safe trip back."

"Well, this whole thing has sort been a little anti-climactic now, has it not? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to spend some time with my brother."

Well...we did just waste a lot of time for nothing...might as well let at least one of us get something from it. Looking towards Daniel, she said, "Well...i guess i'll join you then. It seems wrong to just leave you alone and head back, what with being on a team and all."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

So, in other words, if someone ever tells me that we're going to Lua, I'm making up an excuse to avoid it. I wonder if Gato accepts toothache or sore throats. Or being allergic to nightmarish hellbeasts.

Or just secretly leave the place and resort to secret phone-calls to Luke from a burner phone. It would work itself out, Sol could send him secret money from the less dangerous jobs he would go back to taking, the whole "hunting vampires" and "capturing werewolves that could rip him apart in less than a second" stuff. The real minor stuff that didn't involve leaving his own realm and climbing huge demons to try to hurt them. He caught something in the corner of his eye and looked at the floored Leeroy, adding, in his mind;

And watch people get magic punched in the gut. Oh yes. Limbo is such an amazing place.

He had to bite his tongue not to ask what the fuck was wrong with Rozalin.

"Next time you feel the need to go steal something, remember this pain, and remember that 'next time', Shelia could be the one paying for your antics."

Ooookay then.

Now he regretted not stepping in and insisting they bring Leeroy in. Well, kind of. He didn't exactly want to take the guy's place -Sol didn't know kind of creature Leeroy was, but certainly sturdier than him, which meant Sol'd probably be dead from whatever that was- and he doubted a queen of demons had much fondness for hunters in the first place.

Still, she could at least have waited for the whole torture thing till after we had left. Then we could have claimed not to know. Now we sort of have some sort of responsibility for it.

Anti-climatic apart from the whole "torture and threatening loved ones" part, at least.

"Well...i guess i'll join you then. It seems wrong to just leave you alone and head back, what with being on a team and all."

"I guess I'll stay if everyone else is going to," Sol replied, uncertainly. He kept his voice low so that mainly the people in the group could hear him. He didn't feel too comfortable about it -given that he'd just witness torture from the one inviting them- but he also didn't want to go back alone. Not that he even could. "I mean, if someone is returning, then I'll go with them, because this is definitely out of my league, but... yeah."

Alfred Frye

Alfred gave Rozalin a sharp nod, and mouthed; "Gotcha." He had been somewhat fooled by her casual way of acting, but there was definitely something in her eyes that told him that she was dangerous. Dangerous, and definitely willing to hurt him if she wished to.

So I better not push my luck.

He hated that, but for now he would simply have to deal with it.

"Well...i think most of us can agree that we don't know what Lua is...but if i had to guess, it's either something Regalia has been keeping an eye on, or something that they are planning to move on. Outside of that, the only other reason i could think of is that Seth has personal business that involves...whatever Lua is, but i don't see him discussing such a thing with your sister if that's the case. Either way, we haven't been informed about anything like that just yet so unfortunately we wouldn't be able to tell you."

I guess that's harmless enough.

Besides, if someone questioned it, then he still was in the clear. And, Mira didn't know enough to get in trouble either, which was a bit of a bonus, he did like the people in his team too.

Huh, that is definitely news to me. And I doubt the higher ups in Regalia has this info.

Which meant that, if nothing else, he was likely... was the queen torturing their target?

That certainly looks like torture.

And blackmail. But the pain spell was definitely the most graphic of the two, and though he had seen worse, Alfred still

"Anyway, if we're done with the official business, your free to join us for a bit. Otherwise, have a safe trip back."

The overall impressioned seemed to be that they should stay. Well, Sol didn't seem too keen on it, but the man had a hunter's instinct, he probably didn't like any part of this. Honestly? That seemed like the more sensible opinion, but Mira was sturdier and a kind person, while Daniel was definitely an angel.

As for what Alfred himself thought... On one hand he would love to stay and learn more about... well, everything. On the other hand, Rozalin seemed somewhat unhinged, and if she had no qualms about punishing her own people with torture, then what about "mere" humans? Did he really want to rely on his shield if she got pissed off? Or just make sure not to say anything? Or would it be better to avoid some very promising information and simply leave?

Well, I never got anywhere by playing it safe.

"I wouldn't mind staying either."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet didn't much care for Rosalin taking 'Leeroy' away, not because she didn't think he'd be punished for his actions (Rosalin had already shown her willingness on that front), or because of how she'd punished him, but because it felt like her authority was being slighted. Rosalin was taking away the person she had been charged with apprehending and given her power she had little say in the matter. Still she hadn't gotten this far without learning how to hide such feelings.

"Of course we'd love to join you," Juliet said "we wouldn't want to miss out on all the fun after all."

The others all seemed to have already expressed their desire to go along which was fine, she would rather not be alone with a demon queen for one. Besides some of them had rather personal reasons to come along which ought to be interesting to watch play out.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra was a little surprised by Rozalin's outburst toward Leeroy, mostly cause she'd not seen her 'mean side' first hand. She'd heard Rozalin could be when provoked, and she would naturally need to be to get where she is but it was still a little surprising to see.

Especially since she'd heard she was only that quick to anger when her sister was involved. Ether way, since every one was staying, so was she, not that she was gonna leave anyway, this Sheila person was now a point of interest. If nothing else it was probably best they find out who this person is if Rozalin isn't letting them take Leeroy in.

Sierra, much to Poe's displeasure, spread her wings, jarring the magicked bird from it's perch causing it to caw in protest, knelt down, and jumped to the second floor, with Poe following and perching it self on her again, this time on the talon on tip of one of her wings.

From there she walked past Leeroy, who was starting to pick himself up, and seemed more or less ok, then past Phanuel, to whom she gave a small wave of greeting to before heading in to the room. From the door there was a short hallway, with a door on ether side, on of which was marked as a bathroom, the other while not marked was likely a closet or something. Near the end of the hall there was another opening that lead into a small kitchen with a bar top, that was currently covered in dishes loaded down with food, dividing it and the living space. The main room was huge, way bigger then two people would need. But that was seemingly compensated for by the amount of stuff in it.

on the left side of the room there was a pool table, in the center a fairly larger couch in front of a large TV hooked up to a couple consoles, and the right side seemed to be set up for LAN party's like the Overwatch fight Rozalin mentioned, who was over in the PC area talking to a girl, probably Sheila, who looked to be some kind of half demon if the two small horns on her forehead and the tail where anything to go by. On the couch, was presumably the rest of Rozalin's team, two humans, both male, and VERY into a rather heated Killer Instinct match. Interestingly these two seemed to be non-magical humans.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

I guess that's it then. We're gonna do this.

Sol had to commit to the whole staying thing now. He was a little curious, of course he was, but it was mainly overpowered with instincts telling him that this was dangerous, that the people in front of him were extremely powerful, they had that kind of air around them. However, perhaps this was going to be a positive thing, some sort of cultural exchange... nope.

I mean, they were going to do what... some sort of party? LAN? Overwatch?

Sol shrugged. He didn't really get it, but it didn't sound like it was something that would end up with them being killed. He followed behind Sierra, opting for the stairs -since he couldn't fly very well, not having wings and all that- and arriving just after Alfred, who seemed to float with an unnerving ease. The other motioned for him to take the lead, and so he did, straightening his back and giving a nod of acknowlegement to Phanuel and a more apologetic one to Leeroy, before continuining inside.

It was oddly normal, feeling like some of the apartments he had rented back in the US when he had been more of a big spender -of admittedly stolen money-, if even fancier. The center of the apartment seemed to be the TV with the gaming devices, with a pool table on the left and a lot of computers on the right. What one person needed with all those computers he didn't know, but he supposed that logic didn't apply that much if you were living in Limbo.

If this still is Limbo.

A girl with horns were sitting over by the computers, while two seemingly normal -as in, non-magical humans, normal- guys were playing a video game on the tv. They seemed pretty into it, though Sol didn't really get much about it apart from the fact that it was some sort of video game where the characters hit each other. Apart from dishes in the kitchen, nothing really said "party" to him. It all seemed almost uncomfortably low-key.

"This is the oddest party I've ever seen," Sol muttered silently or so he thought- to himself. Alfred seemed to catch it, and leaned closer, seeming a bit amused at Sol's comment.

"It's a game playing session. It's not a "party" in the common sense. Overwatch's a competitive game, though I think those guys are playing some sort of fighting game. Overwatch is a little different."

Sol raised an eyebrow, but accepted the explaination after seeing the other's honest expression. Though honestly, that somehow made him feel even more out of place, he hadn't expected that it would be a full on college party, but he had at least expected that it either would be so unfamiliar that he could feel on edge just based on what everything looked like, or familiar enough for him to not question everything. Instead he was just sort of lost, regardless.

Rozalin was going to talk to us, right? That means I won't have to get it, I just have to listen.

And he could always ask for a taste of those snacks and perhaps inquire about if they happened to have any alcohol around, if he was forced to stay for too long. Well, obviously he would not actually do that, but it was an amusing thought.

Alfred Frye

Alfred didn't hesitate much in following Sierra, though he made sure to keep an eye on how she greeted the two on the second floor before he flew up, letting a uncertain Sol -who seemed to adopt a confident posture- go in front before giving Phanuel brief greeting. He ignored Leeroy the same way Sierra had, and examined everything he saw throughly, even as it turned out to be far more mundane than he had expected. It was certainly a sizable flat, but apart from the pool table -who keeps a pool table in their flat-, nothing really looked out of place. Two non-magical guys were playing a game on the the tv, a demon -half or whole, he wasn't sure- girl was talking to Rozalin, and the whole situation seemed oddly... normal.

Alfred wasn't sure how to act or where to start, when he picked up on what Sol muttered under his breath while trying to listen in on some other conversations happening in the room.

"This is the oddest party I've ever seen,"

Alfred couldn't help but smirk a little, the idea of someone under the age of thirty not knowing what a LAN party was, was amusing to him. And he wasn't even a serious gamer, most of what he knew came from the internet.

I knew hunters were old fashioned, but wow. Where have you been the last like, 8 years.

"It's a game playing session," Alfred whispered, leaning in to keep it from reaching the ears of others in case it was considered rude. "It's not a "party" in the common sense. Overwatch is a competitive game, though I think those guys are playing some sort of fighting game. Overwatch is a little different."

The hunter seemed to accept that -or he simply did not actually are enough to listen to the explanation, either was fine- and seemed a little more at ease. Besides, he mostly knew about Overwatch from memes and watching some streams, so he wasn't the best person to give a more throughout explanation of it or LAN parties. He was just going to leave it at that, he wanted to keep trying to listen in on the conversation between Rozalin and the horned girl, though he was a little hesitant to use too much of his powers, in case the queen noticed. He doubted she would take kindly to more of him acting out of line, intentional or not. Still, he was too curious not to try.

I could just claim that it's leaking. It's not like that's completely a lie, I've been having difficulties controlling it after being forced to hide it completely while undercover.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Well... I guess I'll join you then. It seems wrong to just leave you alone and head back, what with being on a team and all."

"I'm sure I could handle myself if anything happened Mirabelle, but I appreciate the sentiment all the same," Daniel said with a smile and a nod towards the golem. Shortly thereafter, others shared the interest in sticking around for a while, with Juliet in particular not wanting to miss out on all the fun; Daniel smirked at this.

'Typical' He thought. Daniel watched as Sierra, Solomon, and Alfred each entered the room, the angel getting a chuckle out of Poe the raven's protest about getting knocked off his perch on Sierra's shoulder. After taking a moment to think, Daniel ascended the stairs, giving a sort of sympathetic look towards Leeroy, who by this point has mostly picked himself off the floor before reaching the door, and gesturing to his brother Phanuel to step to one side, wishing to speak to him privately for a moment.

"So, brother, how have you been? Been up to much recently?"

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"I'm sure I could handle myself if anything happened Mirabelle, but I appreciate the sentiment all the same,"

He then nodded and smiled at her, something she repeated towards him. Honestly though, she was a bit nervous about going up with them and spending more time with the lady who seemed willing to use her powers at the drop of a hat who was also quick to anger...but she had already agreed to come along and she felt that it would provoke her if she suddenly declined. Still, Daniel didn't seem worried so she figured that it was alright...maybe.

Seeing as everyone was moving into the room, Mira decided to follow them up. Once she got in, she found a room loaded with various electronics for presumed gaming, not to mention the pool table and food. She hadn't known what to expect when she got in but now? It was a...smaller engagement than she was expecting. Still, at least she had her friends to talk to incase she got bored or lost.

Near the computers, there seemed to be a half demon woman talking with the queen, chatting about things she didn't bother to listen about. Instead she decided to ponder what made her so special that Rozalin would attack one of her group over. To her, it couldn't be that she was a half demon...the reaction told her that something more serious was going on than that. Besides, any demon who had issue would likely be vaporized by the queen if she cared that much. Personally, she would put money on this girl being both half demon and half angel, which would better explain the reactions up until now and showcase why Rozalin would be concerned about people finding her. After all, if angels hated halfbreeds and demon hated halfbreeds, the halfbreed of both would likely get their blood boiling, being an example of a union that both may not like. Still, best not to assume.

With that she leaned over to Sol and whispered, "I don't know what's going on here but this seems to be a bit too much for a game. Still, i guess it's good to see them be so passionate about their hobbie...coming from a book nerd who locks herself in her room for hours just to read, of course."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"I don't know what's going on here but this seems to be a bit too much for a game. Still, i guess it's good to see them be so passionate about their hobbie...coming from a book nerd who locks herself in her room for hours just to read, of course."

Juliet wasn't quite sure what to make of the sight either, she was familiar with the concept of course but such a thing was very much not her kind of scene. Then again she was fairly certain she'd been asked to dress up as a character from some game or another at some point, likely not this one though. One of the screens caught her eye though.

"Why is that man punching a dinosaur?" she asked, slightly confused.

All in all she wasn't sure what to do here aside for wait for something to happen and maybe try to listen in on conversations.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"So, brother, how have you been? Been up to much recently?"
Daniel asked after pulling the Angel aside.

"I have been well" Phanuel started. "Sadly though, I've not been up to much until recently." Motioning to the game room. "With little else to do in Eden of merit, I decided to investigate the rumors about the Queens. Riviera is a bit reclusive, so meeting with her outside official channels is rather difficult. Rozalin on the other hand is much more social, and so here I am. Partaking in these human distractions, to find out if the she and her sister are 'the next great evil' or just the next victims of Michle's propaganda" He said with a chuckle and a shrug.

"What of you Brother? What have you been up to all these century's?"

Meanwhile inside the game room.

Rozalin looked toward Juliet, her question getting her attention. "Because Andy thinks he's got game with Riptor" She snarked, Andy, replying with a single finger salute, after he got Counter Broken, Rozalin chuckled before welcoming the group proper. "Since you all, seem to be staying for a bit, make your selves at home." She then pointed out where the food and drink are, which should have been obvious, where the bath room is in case that's needed.

After that, she pointed to the two on the couch. "That's Charles and Andrew on the couch." at that point Leeroy walked and grabbed a beer. "You've already been antiquated with Roy here, and last but not least." pointing to Sheila. "Sheila." who got up to greet the group her self, offering a hand shake. "So Rozy, who are they?"

"Their from Gato, ya know that school that has humans and non humans mingling. Well, except that one." Rozalin pointing at Sierra. "She works for my sister."

"Ah, that school you used when you put down father for the final time? Neat. I guess." Sheila said, in such a manner as to suggest that she really did not care at all about Lucifer. Rozalin got this look of 'why would you just blurt that out, the hell is wrong with you?!'

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"What of you Brother? What have you been up to all these centuries?"

"Well, if you want my opinion, the Queens seem to be of a decent enough sort; though I've only had a limited degree of contact with either of them, so take what I say with a pinch or two of salt," Daniel remarked as he rested against the wall, idly twirling a playing card in his left hand.

"As for what I've been up to? You forget Phanuel, I've been exiled to Earth for the last two decades, on charges of meddling in the affairs of Humanity according to Michael. All that I was trying to do, was help Humanity become better, to ensure they didn't stumble or fall too far down.

Though I suppose being stuck on Earth hasn't been all that bad; it has granted me the opportunity to get a different perspective on things. But that aside, I've been keeping myself busy. Ever since my arrival, I have aided Caliburn in their efforts to protect humanity; at least those that were apart of the old British Empire. Been deployed to Japan for the last few months to act as an attache of sorts to a multi-species educational institution, Gato Community College.

With what has been going on, it has actually been fun in a weird sort of way. Even had a brief encounter with a revived Lucifer, though you can ask the Queens for a more in-depth report. By the way, the folks at Gato, they know I'm an Angel, but they don't know my true name, I've been calling myself Daniel." Spoke Daniel as he stood up from the wall, tossing the card he hand from one hand to the other before putting it back in his pocket.

"Speaking of Michael, how has the rest of the family been?" He asked with a roguish smile on his lips.