GDC 2011: First Look at Jurassic Park Gameplay

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
First Look at Jurassic Park Gameplay

Lisa Foiles talks to the producer of Telltale Games' Jurassic Park and gets a first look at the console-based gameplay.

Watch Video

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
No such thing as too much Jurassic Park...

OT: I think it looks quite good for what it is. Jurassic Park isn't the easiest IP to translate into games but Telltale did a damn good job for Back to the Future.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
This game looks like its made for playstation 2 or something..
Looks very bad, graphics, facial animation and everything..

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
TheElectricImp said:
It looks awful. The facial animations, writing, voice acting, action, controls, and grapics all look horrendous.
I was fully prepared to say "oh it doesn't look that bad" but then I saw the video.... it really does look awful.... so much disapointment

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Well... Aside from it suffering from a case of uglies, it looks interesting enough.

Then again I'm a fan of JP, so I'd buy it regardless.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
It looks horrid in my opinion. Not much interest here, sadly.
Except for Lisa Foiles! *nomnom*

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Everybody's pointing out that it looks awful (and it does), but that wouldn't matter so much if the gameplay looked more interesting than QTEs, or the writing/voice acting was any good. Also, and this is personal taste, the subtitles in neon pink/green were hideous.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
MasterSplinter said:
So... a quick time events filled cgi movie?
Well, isn't that similar to Heavy Rain? That turned out pretty well.

The sound quality for this seemed really off. Not so much the voice acting but rather the actually recording quality. Perhaps they are just place holder voices or somesuch.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Huh. So... This seems to get a lot of coverage, while Back to the future barely got mentioned when it was launched.

How do these decisions get made exactly? XD

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
wasted license, im still waiting for a stalkeresque survival simulation in this setting (kinda like a non crappy Trespasser)

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Nod without any relation to whatever he said much Lisa?

Game looks really unatrracticve, nothing special about it.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
jonyboy13 said:
Nod without any relation to whatever he said much Lisa?

Game looks really unatrracticve, nothing special about it.
The nodding is an interview technique. It shows the person you're interviewing you are paying attention and encourages them to keep talking. Though in Lisa's case its more exaggerated than most interviewers.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Oh, this doesn't look very appealing. I'd assume they were going to give it a major visual improvement, but if its coming out in April...
Anyone know what format this game will be in? Will it be a cheap dlc, or a full priced disc?

epikAXE

Save the planet: It has beer!
Oct 26, 2009
it looks like Heavy Rain controls but with dinosaurs (good) but it looks like arse (bad)