Gearbox Announces New Publishing Label Whose First Title is Bulletstorm Remaster

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Gearbox Announces New Publishing Label Whose First Title is Bulletstorm Remaster

The Bulletstorm remaster is real, and Gearbox is going to publish it.

At The Game Awards last night, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford took to the stage to make a couple of announcements. The first was the news that Gearbox is creating a publishing arm that will be known as Gearbox Publishing (creative name, that). But that's not the news that most people will care about. No, that's the second bit - that part where Pitchford announced the first game Gearbox will publish:

The Bulletstorm remaster.

Titled Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition the remaster first came to light the Brazilian ratings board [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167720-Xbox-E3-Assets-Reveal-Bulletstorm-Remaster], you knew it was only a matter of time before it came to light.

The remaster is scheduled to launch on April 7, 2017 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. It's already available for pre-order [http://bulletstorm.com/#buy] now, and if you pre-order, you'll get 15% off the $49.99 retail price (bringing it to $42.49). You'll also get the Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour add-on for free.

You can find all the info about the game over at the official site [http://bulletstorm.com/].

[gallery=6651]

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Bulletstorm was a lot of fun. Glad to see it returning to PC (tried downloading it earlier this year but the fucker wouldn't load)

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
So when Gearbox isn't ruining Duke in his own game, they're trotting him out as a pre-order bonus in another game. Can't say I'm too surprised. At the very least this version of the game won't be locked behind GFWL.

On a side note, I find it pretty amusing that they announced the preorder bonuses just as the remaster itself was announced but before it was actually shown. Doubly amusing about the reveal was that in the trailer Duke was dropping curses that were bleeped out yet it was immediately followed by a live musical performance which was incredibly more fowl.

Full Clip

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Buizel91 said:
Bulletstorm was a lot of fun. Glad to see it returning to PC (tried downloading it earlier this year but the fucker wouldn't load)
Game For Windows Live.

So awful that almost three years after it was officially abandoned it's still ruining player's experience.

Hopefully the re-master will be released on GOG and Steam and not the Windows Store so people can actually play it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
008Zulu said:
They really are committed to ramming Duke in to everything they can, aren't they?
Apart from Forever and this, where've they shoved Duke into?

(Shoved into...god, that generated an unpleasant image.)

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Hawki said:

He is being ram-rodded in to Gears of War now.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
008Zulu said:
Hawki said:

He is being ram-rodded in to Gears of War now.
Source? Because if you're referring to Randy's tweet, I think it was a reference to Bulletstorm.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The only reason I want this is because my Steam copy of Bulletstorm has been rendered unusable by GFWL.

And I fucking refuse to reward them for fucking my game with their DRM by giving them more money.

Oh, and they're trying to stick goddamn Duke Nukem in there. That's just sad.

Bloody Gearbox man. Failure after failure. I wonder if they can keep themselves afloat with mediocre RNG dispenser Borderlands sequels. Because that seems to be the only string left on their bow.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Hawki said:
Source? Because if you're referring to Randy's tweet, I think it was a reference to Bulletstorm.
Probably was about Bulletstorm. Rumour mill did grab the ball and run right to Gears of War.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Zhukov said:
The only reason I want this is because my Steam copy of Bulletstorm has been rendered unusable by GFWL.

And I fucking refuse to reward them for fucking my game with their DRM by giving them more money.

Oh, and they're trying to stick goddamn Duke Nukem in there. That's just sad.

Bloody Gearbox man. Failure after failure. I wonder if they can keep themselves afloat with mediocre RNG dispenser Borderlands sequels. Because that seems to be the only string left on their bow.
Just because they want to "stick" Duke in the game, doesn't mean it will be unpleasant....
And what is up with the hate or the extra DRM these days....I costantly use Uplay, Origin, etc to play others games.
But I digress. I don't know anything about GFWL, so maybe I am wrong.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
SweetShark said:
Just because they want to "stick" Duke in the game, doesn't mean it will be unpleasant....
Didn't say unpleasant. I said it's sad. As in pathetic.

And what is up with the hate or the extra DRM these days....I costantly use Uplay, Origin, etc to play others games.
I think you misunderstand. I'm not raging against the presence of DRM or refusing to buy something because of it.

I'm saying my game no longer functions because of the DRM. I cannot play Bulletstorm because it requires an authentication that no longer exists.

The systems that are supposed to stop people from pirating the game so that they buy the game have caused me, a person who bought the game, to be unable to play the fucking game.

That is a stupid state of affairs.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Zhukov said:
SweetShark said:
Didn't say unpleasant. I said it's sad. As in pathetic.

I think you misunderstand. I'm not raging against the presence of DRM or refusing to buy something because of it.

I'm saying my game no longer functions because of the DRM. I cannot play Bulletstorm because it requires an authentication that no longer exists.

The systems that are supposed to stop people from pirating the game so that they buy the game have caused me, a person who bought the game, to be unable to play the fucking game.

That is a stupid state of affairs.
Fair enough. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Now that you said that, indeed it sucks....
But still, even if the cameo of Duke is indeed "forced", let's just give him a chance. The DLC of DNF is actually good.
....which is very sad saying the main game is worst than the DLC...

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Bob_McMillan said:
Never quite saw what was so interesting about Bulletstorm.
Dito. As far as I remember, it was a just-above-average shooter (that forgot that "jumping" in shooters had been invented somewhere in the past 30 years). And adding an extremely overrated character that was just cringeworthy back when he was supposedly relevant is not really improving this game, either.
Oh, and they want to charge fullprice (50?) for it.

Apr 5, 2008
The remasters will never stop. Sony/MS to blame for cutting off backwards compatibility. Taking consumers money by reselling the same shit twice.