Gearbox Promises More "Non-Season Pass" DLC for Borderlands 2

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
GOD DAMN IT! WOULD YOU PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN SHUT THE FUCK UP!?

They are in no way forcing you to buy the DLC. In fact, contrary to popular belief, it;s entirely *fucking* optional. It does not affect how the base game runs in any other way than adding something else that really, probably doesn't add much to start with.

The game is tits; fantastic, bouncy, happy tits. Unless Gearbox killed your puppy and ate the thing for dinner, stop making your choices on OPTIONS.

ffs, gamers piss me off.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I bought the game to support them, but was disappointed that I would have had to pre-order at a specific store to get the Mechromancer for free. That seemed unfair.

I'm perfectly fine with this. I will just wait for the Game of the Year edition to pick up all the extra content at the end of the game's lifecycle.

I for one am thrilled to hear about them supporting the game even further with new classes and vehicles.

Dear Gearbox, please let us import our characters from part 1 :)

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
wackelpudding said:
When they first introduced the concept of the "Season Pass", I was under the impression such a Pass would include all the DLC that gets released for a game for a slightly discounted price. Good to see that they can cannibalise everything.
Why are you acting like Gearbox owes you something? They don't. If you bought the season pass, you are getting 4 DLC for the price of 3. It says that in the description. Just because Gearbox wants to support the game more after that doesn't mean you somehow deserve the extra content.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Maybe the Season Pass covers all DLC released within the next year? Just saying.

Let's wait for more information before we start saying things we can't take back.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Dexter111 said:
And I promise to wait as long as necessary until they drop their shit and release the game in a finished state, likely at half price with purchasing their product, if at all.
Unfortunately, that's how many people think. I'm not blaming you, I actually agree. Announcing a large amount of upcoming DLC packs at the same time is a big, big mistake. You tire people out by merely mentioning them. The DLC will most likely enhance the game, but not in a cost effective way (that's what almost always happens), so people who were on the fence about buying the game on launch will choose not to, and to wait for a Gold edition instead with lots of cool little things that they are not willing to pay 80$ for. I really dislike this content delivery model. I really, really do.

I-Protest-I

Nov 7, 2009
wackelpudding said:
When they first introduced the concept of the "Season Pass", I was under the impression such a Pass would include all the DLC that gets released for a game for a slightly discounted price. Good to see that they can cannibalise everything.
And now with John for the weather!

Cette

Legacy
Dec 16, 2011
Country
US
If I had actually grabbed a season pass I would be extremely annoyed right now. But since I didn't guess it's time to wait a year or so and hope there's a proper bundle down the line.

Seriously though if one of the games would just release a pay this price up front and you get EVERYTHING that comes out for it I would jump right on it fora game I like this much.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
rolfwesselius said:
People this is a kotaku article, The guys who said that the mechromancer would be a disc locked pre order bonus,
Let's wait for a source that is not kotaku before we make assumptions.
A sensible point. Very rare on the internet. ;)

Related: I know I'm very far from the only person who's really looking forward to trying out the Mechromancer. My boyfriend and I may need to resort to an actual dual to decide who gets her for our second coop playthrough. (We refuse to use the same character as each other at the same time. It's boring and you can't take advantage of comboing action skills.)

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
I think we should just shut down DLC for good, as well as a load of other features, until the gaming community can learn to grow up. Gearbox offered you a season pass, which gave you 4 packs for the price of 3. THAT is good in itself, if you're planning to get them all anyway. Just because the deal doesn't cover this stuff, doesn't make it a bad deal at all.

They might as well take the season pass away, so you have no discount, because apparently if the season pass didn't exist, we wouldn't be crying like tiny baby men when the discounted price isn't discounted enough.

Its like writing a complaint to a Tesco store because theres 4 packs of sweets you want and its 3 for £1, not 4.

Its not asif its pay to win like a F2P game, you're not required to spend the extra money.

D-Soul

Sep 5, 2012
1. how much does the DLC cost by itself without a season pass because a guy at Gamestop was trying to lull me into buying it

2. who cares at least they are making the game more funner to whoever buys it

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Somehow I was suspecting that the mere mention of "DLC" would be enough to spark ill-informed raging, regardless of its actual cost effectiveness.

I was not disappointed.

OT: When it comes to DLC I'd call Borderlands a model of "how to do it well", as so far their DLC added swathes of additional gameplay on top of an already well-rounded game.

This might not be the best way of communicating it, but having the season pass cover *shock* a season of content DLC, while keeping clear of the vanity items is the way I'd really prefer it.
And in case this isn't clear yet: four content patches the size of General Knoxx' armoury for $30,- is quite good value for money.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
the incentive for me with season passes is that I get all the DLC
soooo this is not good news. unless of course the non-season pass DLC are mainly character/gun packs or something cuz honestly idc since I really wouldn't want to focus on leveling more than one character, but as far as expansion packs (environments, story campaigns, etc) then that's what I'm wanting more than a new skin

edit: I will say that getting the Saints Row The Third season pass 50% was worth it, tho without that discount it would be a bit ehh still

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
FoolKiller said:
I bought the game to support them, but was disappointed that I would have had to pre-order at a specific store to get the Mechromancer for free. That seemed unfair.
Really? I know Gamestop had a specific arena type thing, but as far as I was aware every preorder(Regardless of where from) got the Mechromancer later for free. I know a friend of mine on Steam got it.