Gears of War Movie Looking "Incredibly Good"

jp11

Oct 24, 2008
I'll likely go see it, but past performance of game-based movies has certainly taught me not to expect much

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
"It's looking incredibly good," he told MTV.

Apparently he's being very unfaithful to the game.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Wait how will they put a love story in this Dom's wife is dead and marcus has been in prison far a long ti... ohhhhhh.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Helming the director duties on the project is Len Wiseman, who handled the Underworld movies and Live Free Or Die Hard. Wiseman previously stated that he wanted the movie(s) to be like a "harder-edged" Lord of the Rings.
Well that's it right there, it'll be crap. Well, that and the fact that it's a video game movie, not been a good one yet.....

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
It won't be good, but there's a chance it will be a success at the box office. Considering the source material that's about as good as it can get.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
APPCRASH said:
RebelRising said:
The way I see it, this movie could one of two ways:

1. The first great videogame movie (relatively speaking, of course).

2. Big pile of cinematic poo.
History proves the later.
Not necessarily. No number of sightings of white swans will prove all swans are white. It only takes the sighting of one black swan to prove not all swans are white.

If you get my drift...

Plus, Uwe Boll isn't involved which improves its chances of being a hit exponentially :D

Ninja-Claws-Benji

Sep 15, 2008
To be honest I think that there shouldn't be a Gears of War film:

1. The game already plays a lot like a film.

2. The whole film will consist of men shouting and firing guns, cussing a lot.

3. Almost every game to film adaptation sucks balls.

sharks9

Mar 28, 2009
bad rider said:
Wait how will they put a love story in this Dom's wife is dead and marcus has been in prison far a long ti... ohhhhhh.
hahahahahahaha!
very nice post!

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
You know the only game that has a fighting chance at actually being a good movie is Uncharted: Drakes Fortune because it played like a freakin' movie.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Utarefson said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
[...] Uncharted: Drakes Fortune because it played like a freakin' movie.
So did gears.
Well I own Gears 1 and to me it didn't play like a movie to the extent of Uncharted. Maybe Gears 2 is different but Gears 1 didn't sell me enough to get the second.

thousandfaces

Mar 4, 2009
An action game going fo an action film... I hope to God they don't screw upe simple plot that GOW has. BTW im i the only the that consider Hitman not great but not bad enough to be crucify and pay for his game movie brothers. Also, for Marcus, I prefer Mickey Rourke over Vin Diesel.

RomanLegacy

May 6, 2009
I suppose this being a band of brothers-esqe documentry thing, about cog soldiers fighting the locus would be far to much to hope for. We'll probably just get marcus, and cole's oneliners about trains.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
I'm fairly certain this movie will suck. They will do to it what they did to the Doom movie. With that movie, all we wanted was to watch the Rock shoot demons for 90 minutes. Ok, it would have been a crap movie, but it would have been Doom. Likewise with this; people don't play Gears for the plot, they play it to blow stuff up. They will want to see the movie so they can watch stuff blow up. What will happen, however, is that, like Doom, the writers will feel compelled to crowbar in a really bad, unnecessary story, and the whole thing will come tumbling down as a result.