Gears of War Movie Looking "Incredibly Good"

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
If you make the storyline progression a little more epic, with the style of violence in the game, the movie could very well be successful. There's plenty of action movies, but not very many to the level that a Gears of War movie would need.

githnaur

Sep 7, 2008
The guy who wroted the script thinks the film (and by default his script) is lookin' good?

Go phigure.

/commence vomitfest

Straitjacketeering

Jan 3, 2009
obisean said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
I'm really hoping this will work because cinematically it could be brilliant; and with the Bioshock movie being shelved for the time being, at least a movie of one of my fav games is still on the horizon.
Vin Diesel as Marcus Fenix could work, given enough makeup. His voice has that gravel-like quality too. Get Lester Speight (a.k.a Terrible Terry Tate, a.k.a Augustus Cole) to play.. well Cole and Ryan Renolds to play the sarcastic Baird and it's already starting to shape up.
I had no idea that Lester Speight was the voice of Cole. After seeing the Terry Tate commercials a couple years back, he definitely has the flare for it. I will agree that is by far the best choice because he is not only the voice of Cole, but apparently he is the model for the toon.

Ryan Reynolds, I will agree with. Good choice.

The real question is, who plays Dom? He never left Marcus' side, so he would be very important in the question of casting.
MARIO LOPEZ