Gears of War Ultimate Could Debut Kinect Functionality

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Well I'd definitely give it a shot. I got a Kinect for Christmas (That I didn't ask for) so anything slightly more core than Kinectimals is great in my eyes.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Microsoft confirmed to IGN that the listing is legitimate, saying: "We can confirm a forthcoming bundle SKU involving the Gears franchise, though this may not be the final SKU name. There are no specifics available at this time, except to say it will not involve Bulletstorm: Epic Edition [http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-3-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0H79C/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1293901480&sr=1-1].
Problem is, I still have to take IGN's word for it that MS actually said that, and that's not something I'm willing to do considering how often IGN takes liberties with their news. Basically I need Microsoft to confirm that they confirmed this to IGN, and then I don't need IGN in the first place if it's coming right from Microsoft.

Anyway, Gears collection, Gears Kinect... All a bunch of rumors that I don't care about anyway. Give me Gears 3 please.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Sarah Kerrigan said:
Legion said:
Tom Goldman said:
At this time, the Gears of War 3 beta can apparently only be entered by purchasing a copy of Epic and People Can Fly's Bulletstorm: Epic Edition.
Can someone please source where this has actually been confirmed?
both Cliff, Epic, and microsoft has confirmed this, and i preordered the epic edition, the the store said i would get the key when i pick up the game
Note, on the official forums it's mentioned as EARLY access. I am sure Epic would be kind enough to allow later entry, seeing as die-hard gears aren't just getting Bulletstorm to obtain the Beta since they have no interest into it.

Epic would shoot itself in the foot if they didn't find a way getting their hardcore demographic into the Beta without paying full buck for a game you don't want.
well, me, I'm buying BulletStorm because it looks amazing and it looks different then other shooters. I didn't even know the beta was in it until the guy at Gamestop told me right before I preordered it.

I think it's a good ad on though.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
On a side note, these accidental listings are announcing more games than developers and publishers combined these days.

OT; Give it a chance. It could be good.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Why?

There is no possible reason to add it into apart from Microsoft can sell more gimmicky bullshit.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Numachuka said:
Why?

There is no possible reason to add it into apart from Microsoft can sell more gimmicky bullshit.
I would laugh if this turned out to be a good game, just so i can tell people who hate Kinect, i told you so.

OT: I have seen Kinect in action and it's really good, gimmicky so far, but so was the Wii...

I really hope Epic can pull it off, so far the only developers i can see doing this sort of thing is Valve, Bioware and Epic. Possibly Bungie.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Please just be a rumor. Please just be a rumor.

I really don't want this to be true. Mainly do to my hatred for the Kinect, but also because I really don't like the idea of a Cover-based TPS being made for a bodily controlled system.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Heard about it. Epic can do it but I rather wish they would spend more resources towards making GoW3 a masterpiece.

I already read on the Topic several neat ideas but these were discarded due financial issues, so I'd consider a Kinect functionality the final insult towards the community as a whole.
My sentiments exactly. Rather than wasting efforts in an attempt to make Kinect more relevant to people who don't enjoy virtual petting zoos and water rafting, the priority should be to focus on making Gears of War 3 the best that it can be and a truly memorable title ([sub]And a reason for me to use my Xbox 360 again, thanks[/sub]).

Without proper confirmation of as to what features will be included in what game(s), I cannot say that any of this leaves me brimming with confidence. A couple things that I'm thinking...

1) Gears of War 3 - I would imagine limited Wii-mote-esque actions that are not the drive behind the entire game due to the complex responses required for Gears.

2) Gears of War Ultimate - possibly a compilation with the extra Gears 1 features, DLC, ect., and if anything Kinect, similar features as the firs. Then again, it's half the price of a normal game so who can really say?

3) GoW Ultimate is really a whole new Kinect game and I feel especially justified in griping to my heart's content over any irksome flaw in GoW 3 because they had this Kinect-vitalization side project to distract them.

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
There's no real evidence suggesting that it will be kinect-compatible at all, that's just speculation at this point. I think it's more likely to be just a compilation package, or maybe even just something like a collection of all the gears 1&2 multiplayer maps for Gears 3 multiplayer, like the disc that was bundled in with Gears 2 GotY was to Gear 1.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I'd buy this and a Kinect device solely for the ability to control how you move your chainsaw through your enemy with your hands.
Am I sick?
Probably, but that would be so much fun.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Mornelithe said:
I can't see how holding a controller, while physically ducking to gain cover, or taking your hand off the controller to gesture to a weapon you want to use, is going to make the gameplay better. Ya know?
Yeah, seems to me that most people would end up dropping the controller and then nerdraging as someone kills them.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Perhaps crouching down could be cover and putting your hands together as if you were holding a gun and pulling the 'trigger' could help this release?

Looks interesting, shame on Gamestop 'accidentally' revealing it though.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Yeah, wasn't Microsoft on about making the Kinect a 'family' friendly console?
lol So, I see that violence and gore is much more family friendly then I thought.

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
Guys, just to remind you this doesn't mean there will be a Kinect Gears game at all. The fact there is Gears ultimate, and the fact that Epic said they'd like to do a Kinect game are probably totally different things. I can remember when everyone said they'd love to do a wii version of things, these never happened or sucked.