Eagleland
Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Go fuck yourself~
He's basically admitting "the first hit's free, kid" like some comic-book drug dealer. And if almost nobody is spending money on the game, then he's admitting that company made $24 million in two weeks by exploiting whales.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
"According to the report, there was such a dislike for the tweet among EA employees in part because EA's main social media account is reportedly not managed by the company's social or communication teams. Rather, the Twitter account is said to be managed by people outside of the game industry."

Wait, WTF? You can't have someone on your PR team do this? Really? Nobody in PR knows how to use Twitter? It's been proven that a fucking carrot can use twitter, so I don't know what's going on at EA.
Maybe it's a result of some good old fashioned nepotism?

Like some EA exec parked a relative's (or their own) kid there to shut up the whining about getting them a job. Kid's useless for anything except snorting blow, but they're always faffing about on tik tok and such on their phone, so let's just put them in charge of the Twitter account. What could go wrong? Or, you know, something like that.

Anyone reading, you are now pondering the chances I'm right. And possibly sighing.

Go fuck yourself~
As CEO, Mike Ibarra has to defend it. He can't ever publicly admit to any kind of wrongdoing or mistake, cuz that could make stonks go down. And when stonks go down, Actiblizz' real customers go complaining to Ibarra's boss. You know, the ones who get to vote whether or not Ibarra and his boss get more bonuses.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Anyone reading, you are now pondering the chances I'm right. And possibly sighing.
As CEO, Mike Ibarra has to defend it. He can't ever publicly admit to any kind of wrongdoing or mistake, cuz that could make stonks go down. And when stonks go down, Actiblizz' real customers go complaining to Ibarra's boss. You know, the ones who get to vote whether or not Ibarra and his boss get more bonuses.
I mean I feel like the least they could do is try to sound like they're making the game better. IDK, something along the lines of "We appreciate many love and support for the game! Here's what's new in upcoming update!" Because that would make it sound like they care for the game without really acknowledging the flaws.

But hey, who am I to question the 200 IQ move from the CEO himself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I mean I feel like the least they could do is try to sound like they're making the game better. IDK, something along the lines of "We appreciate many love and support for the game! Here's what's new in upcoming update!" Because that would make it sound like they care for the game without really acknowledging the flaws.

But hey, who am I to question the 200 IQ move from the CEO himself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Because that's going to get him the same level of mockery and disdain from the same audience, except this time for insincerity or being a bullshit artist. May as well just tell a truth and own it if he's going to get pilloried either way.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
This looks different, but if it's another Souls-like, I am not buying.

I'm a fan of Soulslikes and I've only played a handful of them. I enjoy them but they tend to be a lot.This I've never heard of.

I am kinda interested in Steel Rising and Lies of P for now, but we'll see how those end up actually being. Steel Rising already looks pretty Janky in the trailers and it is Spiders, so Eurojank is probably assured. If they're great, I'll grab them. If they suck, well that's two less games for the backlog.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
That's just the official announcement, it dies years ago.

If anybody really like destiny like game, you can sign up for the beta of this one.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

Kojima either not a fan of being called a far leftist, or accused of high-profile cultist murder. 🤔

Kojima Productions has threatened legal action over social media posts identifying Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima as the man who assassinated ex-Japanese prime ministor Shinzo Abe.

Abe, the highly-respected former leader of Japan, died last week in a shooting that shocked Japan and prompted international outcry. A 41-year-old suspect was arrested at the scene.

Over the weekend, internet users began to circulate an old photograph of Kojima online, identifying the image as that of the suspect.

In particular, Kotaku reported, the image was spread further by a Greek news channel and far-right French politican Damien Rieu, alongside the comment "The extreme left kills". (The suggestion is that these sources were unaware it was Kojima in the picture.)

While not referencing the image circulating on social media directly, Kojima Productions issued the following statement via Twitter on Saturday:

"Kojima Productions strongly condemns the spread of fake news and rumors that convey false information. We do not tolerate such libel and will consider taking legal action in some cases."

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Kojima either not a fan of being called a far leftist, or accused of high-profile cultist murder. 🤔
Kojima will be more insulted by accusation of assassination. We all know he had next to nothing to do with whatever happened. Just jackass politicians trying to distract and serve their own agendas. I find it very disgusting and nauseating. As far as his is political views go, he's liberal by American standards. I'm only going by what I've seen so far.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Kojima will be more insulted by accusation of assassination. We all know he had next to nothing to do with whatever happened. Just jackass politicians trying to distract and serve their own agendas. I find it very disgusting and nauseating. As far as his is political views go, he's liberal by American standards. I'm only going by what I've seen so far.
Yeah, that was just my attempt at being jokey, as Kojima has made his anti-war stances pretty clear throughout his career 😉

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

I am torn on this game. Being of a Korean-origin, I always love the country getting attention in various media, and I loved the show on Netflix.

On the other side, this is a licensed game. It could try to sell on the name alone and only offer generic gameplay. And given how NF is inexperienced with gaming, and their notorious treatment of their shows, I have my doubts on the success of this game.

Still, it's not another zombie shooter. Damn it, idk if I will like this game

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I am torn on this game. Being of a Korean-origin, I always love the country getting attention in various media, and I loved the show on Netflix.

On the other side, this is a licensed game. It could try to sell on the name alone and only offer generic gameplay. And given how NF is inexperienced with gaming, and their notorious treatment of their shows, I have my doubts on the success of this game.

Still, it's not another zombie shooter. Damn it, idk if I will like this game
Your best bet is just to wait to see how things turn out. It'll either be good, average, or crap. Until then, just focus on something else while the game is being developed. It does look badass, but looks can only get so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FUCK. UBISOFT.
And that is why it's always good to have a physical version of something. Every person that keeps saying they don't need a physical version, or either in denial, or lying to themselves most of the time. Corporations aren't doing you a favor, they're doing themselves a favor. I keep telling people this. Some will listen, while others won't get it until it's too late.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I mean of course the people making the game are going to say that.

This is the 3rd release of the same game, except this time it's ported assets from the sequel and shipping with less features than the game originally launched with. And instead of charging 30-40 bucks for an uprez project so people who might have missed it can play it with some extra shinyness, they are charging full price and expecting people not to call it a "cash grab" hahahaha fuck you Naughty Dog.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is the 3rd release of the same game, except this time it's ported assets from the sequel and shipping with less features than the game originally launched with. And instead of charging 30-40 bucks for an uprez project so people who might have missed it can play it with some extra shinyness, they are charging full price and expecting people not to call it a "cash grab" hahahaha fuck you Naughty Dog.
Agreed. Another scam. Not buying. No, thank you. Fuck off, ND! Both NDs!