General Gaming News.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK

Obviously this doesn't erase past sins, but in an age where the only news coming out of most publishers is some kind of report on how many people that company has abused over the past few years, something positive is, well, positive.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This look bad ass. Looks like a Strider/Shinobi 3 style game done by SNK on the classic Neo-Geo.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Yep. Saw it too. Definitely belongs in "Kinda interested, wait until mega sale" category for me.
For me, Dying Light is just one of those perfect games. It combined a lot of elements together that I just really didn't know I loved together, and I found myself playing that game multiple times through. Hell even my wife fell in love with it, and she's not a heavy gamer. So that's one I will almost certainly buy at full price. Though I will likely wait a week or two to make sure it doesn't pull a CP2077 and run like a piece of shit.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

For me, Dying Light is just one of those perfect games. It combined a lot of elements together that I just really didn't know I loved together, and I found myself playing that game multiple times through. Hell even my wife fell in love with it, and she's not a heavy gamer. So that's one I will almost certainly buy at full price. Though I will likely wait a week or two to make sure it doesn't pull a CP2077 and run like a piece of shit.
Yep, that buying plan sounds reasonable. I personally thought the story of the first game was kinda on a boring side, and didn't really find reasons to continue after completing it. Seems to me that second problem happens with every open world game I play, unless there's new game + or the game has branching paths and huge options for the builds

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Yep, that buying plan sounds reasonable. I personally thought the story of the first game was kinda on a boring side, and didn't really find reasons to continue after completing it. Seems to me that second problem happens with every open world game I play, unless there's new game + or the game has branching paths and huge options for the builds
Well DL 1 does have NG+, and Legendary ranks for your skills to make you become absolutely OP with your stats and weapons. The story wasn't anything new, I'll grant you, but it's about as typical of a zombie story as well....any zombie story really. The thing I liked was how the day/night cycle genuinely made night scary and tense, but also made you want to risk it for the double rewards. How the air drops would make you maybe risk turning back from the safe house, and making that run to try and get the supplies...and maaaybe get back before sunset, or just give it up and let the enemy faction take it. I loved it.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Well DL 1 does have NG+, and Legendary ranks for your skills to make you become absolutely OP with your stats and weapons. The story wasn't anything new, I'll grant you, but it's about as typical of a zombie story as well....any zombie story really. The thing I liked was how the day/night cycle genuinely made night scary and tense, but also made you want to risk it for the double rewards. How the air drops would make you maybe risk turning back from the safe house, and making that run to try and get the supplies...and maaaybe get back before sunset, or just give it up and let the enemy faction take it. I loved it.
Huh... I wonder why I never noticed NG+? I agree the zombie types were nice, and loved how you had to change your combat apporach when dealing with zombies vs bandits/soldiers. Old Town was such a fun place to parkour through. IIRC, the only way to go back and forht between slum and the old town was to fast travel, and I really hope DL2 will truly let you go anywhere by any means

Reactions: happyninja42

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Obviously this doesn't erase past sins, but in an age where the only news coming out of most publishers is some kind of report on how many people that company has abused over the past few years, something positive is, well, positive.
Isn't it sad that praise has to be given to company that don't fuck up because that's the highest standard we have

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Still keep an eye out for any of their dickery.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America