Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This is my current "please don't fuck it up dev" cause it does look pretty fun, finger cross I guess (Oh also cause I had a heavy discount for it so I already brought it, sigh weak willpower).
The more i see the less i care. It is one of those things where they keep trying to push the game and im just annoyed at this point. Like i hope it is good, dont get me wrong. But i also feel like the delays and the previous cringe dialog from bad trailers means they are trying to course correct and it is gonna be a mess.

Reactions: meiam

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The more i see the less i care. It is one of those things where they keep trying to push the game and im just annoyed at this point. Like i hope it is good, dont get me wrong. But i also feel like the delays and the previous cringe dialog from bad trailers means they are trying to course correct and it is gonna be a mess.
Sad to see you lose interest. I am sure the game will be fine, marketing slip ups aside. Like I said before, Forspoken's marketing is not even the worst, nor the cringiest.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Poorly worded headline. Needs "hope for" before the word "growth" as their financials are showing the quite opposite. 🤨

Blockchain technology is seemingly key to Square Enix's growth strategy.

The company has released its latest financials, with once again a drop in overall sales propped up by the success of MMORPG Final Fantasy 14.

Yet the prominence of blockchain technology is particularly eye-opening.

As part of the company's medium-term business strategy, it aims to take on new domains, as well as strengthen its IP ecosystem and optimise business structure for a covid world.

Those new domains focus primarily on promoting blockchain games and entertainment.

Last week, the company revealed its Symbiogenesis project featuring its first sales of NFT collectible art based on a new IP, where "the story unfolds based on players' strategic moves".

Prior to this, the company joined the Oasys blockchain and announced its plans for Final Fantasy NFTs.

Further plans include Shi-San-Sei Million Arthur 10th anniversary NFTs, and investments in FinTech platform Zebedee built on Bitcoin, medieval online strategy game Blocklords, NFT trading card game Cross The Ages, blockchain game developer Animoca Brands, and decentralised metaverse The Sandbox.

That's on top of cloud gaming services Blacknut and Ubitus. The latter worked with Capcom on the cloud version of Resident Evil Village for Switch.

This focus on blockchain and cloud technology follows comments from Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda at the start of the year, where he stated these would become a "major trend" in gaming.

There is no mention of Final Fantasy 16 in its medium-term business strategy (its release is set for summer 2023, which will be in the next fiscal year).

For the first half of the current fiscal year, net sales for Square Enix have dropped by 3.3 percent, while operating income dropped by 10.7 percent year on year.

Sales of its games have decreased, despite the release of a number of new titles like Live A Live, PowerWash Simulator, Valkyrie Elysium, and Star Ocean: The Divine Force.

Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 Reunion and Forspoken are still set for release this fiscal year.

Net sales of MMO games has once again increased, with rising paying subscriber numbers for Final Fantasy 14. It means almost a quarter of net sales from digital entertainment now comes from MMO games.

The report does mention that no expansion packs for Final Fantasy 14 or Dragon Quest 10 will be released in the remainder of this fiscal year.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Need to get back into this game. They've updated it loads since. (And it's the only rogue-lite I've completed)

Dead Cells, the acclaimed rogue-like action-platformer from developers Motion Twin and subsidiary Evil Empire, has thrown open its doors to welcome another batch of familiar gaming faces - from indie favourites including Hotline Miami, Shovel Knight, Terraria, and Slay the Spire - in its new Everyone is Here Vol. 2 update on PC.

A follow-up to last year's first Everyone is Here update - which featured crossovers with Hollow Knight, Hyper Light Drifter, Blasphemous, Guacamelee, Curse of the Dead Gods, and Skul: The Hero Slayer - Vol. 2 features guest appearances from another six titles.

Up first is Yacht Club Games' beloved retro platformer Shovel Knight - no stranger to crossovers and cameos - whose Dead Cells appearance takes the form of a new outfit and an accompanying Brutality weapon known as the King Scepter. THis lets players mimic King Knight, dashing around and bouncing on enemies' heads.

Dead Cells: Everyone is Here Vol. 2 - Gameplay Trailer.

Dennaton Games' Hotline Miami, meanwhile, is represented by the Modernized Bomber outfit (complete with three different masks) and a new Baseball Bat, classed as a Brutality/Survival weapon, that can smash through door and deal extremely bloody critical damage to stunned or rooted enemies.

Askiisoft's neon-hued Katana Zero takes its place in the line-up with the Zero outfit and an accompanying Tactical/Surival weapon known simply as Throwable Objects. With this equipped, players can pick objects off the ground and lob them at opponents to stun them - but they'll need to kill the enemy in order to retrieve their three throwable charges.

Re-Logic's Terraria makes the cut with the Familiar outfit and gloriously pink Starfury weapon - a Brutality/Tactical armament capable of summoning a star that targets a nearby enemy with each melee strike. As for Hopoo Games' Risk of Rain 2, it brings the Commando outfit and Laser Glaive. The latter, a seeking Brutality/Tactical weapon, can bounce up to a certain amount of times for a certain amount of damage, with damage increasing each bounce.

And finally, Slay the Spire strides in with the Ironclad outfit and a new colourless power known as the Diverse Deck, comprised of four different cards - each with a Draw, Passive, and Discard effect. "The current card has its Passive in effect permanently," explains Evil Empire. "Press the power button again to Discard it and Draw the next one, triggering the corresponding effects." It's a bit complicated, but there's a more involved explanation on Steam.

Everyone is Here Vol. 2 also features six new lore rooms, inspired by familiar locations from all the above games, plus six new Mysterious Book entries, which unlock the outfits. It also comes with a host of bug fixes and balance changes, as detailed in Evil Empire's latest patch notes.

It's available on PC now with a console release to follow.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why the fuck they acting like they've never heard of a timed exclusive before? I swear it is like nobody at IGN knows what a video game even is anymore.
I think you meant Polygon this time, but the same could be said for most gaming review sites.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
The point I wanted to make is, 6 months seems really short compared to other timed exclusives. One year is the shortest I've seen

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The point I wanted to make is, 6 months seems really short compared to other timed exclusives. One year is the shortest I've seen
Yeah but it can be extended like ff7remake's was. The 6 month thing is likely to last through 2023 which puts release in like june

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I think it'll come out. I just have no idea if it'll be any good. Bioware needs to fix their shit and fast to have any hope of not getting a one way trip behind the EA murder shed.
They're gonna need a bunch of extra beer coasters. Or maybe they'll go with toilet paper like they did with Anthem, only this time it'll be unused!