Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
...but what if you're fine with the vast majority of horror but can't handle medical malpractice? Like, horror's basically my favorite genre of anything, but any realistic depiction of vomiting turns me right off. Doesn't even have to be horror. Letting me turn a realistic depiction of vomiting into a less realistic depiction of vomiting is a bonus in my eyes. No reason other triggers for other people wouldn't work the same way. But it's unlikely that "the box" is gonna mention that one scene where a dude semi-realistically hurls that one time, and it's probably not gonna make the reviews either.

And in any case, it's optional and opt-in. It's difficulty mode discourse with even less legitimacy somehow.
If you have such a highly specific issue you can ask online if that's present online, like for example I remember people with arachnophobia asking if fantasy games have giant spider enemies cause they freak em out. I particularly remember people asking about them in Skyrim forums.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
If you have such a highly specific issue you can ask online if that's present online, like for example I remember people with arachnophobia asking if fantasy games have giant spider enemies cause they freak em out. I particularly remember people asking about them in Skyrim forums.
But it's A Problem if the game itself goes "hey, this bit has spiders" if and only if you asked the game to tell you stuff like that? What's the functional difference between that and asking randos about where all the areas with spiders are?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Yet another live-service BR shuts down. I'm starting to see a pattern here
I posted that news yesterday. Minus the Twitter post of course. Quick question: they mean all of Apex Legends, or just mobile versions only? I thought that game was doing well on all platforms.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's just the mobile version.
Ok. Still an off decision, unless the mobile version was doing that badly. I know they wt competing against COD War Zone, because that has a mobile version as well. At least PC and consoles are still playable.

Still, these are the flaws of always online games. Welcome to the fucking future. Offline fa lyfe biatches!

Reactions: FakeSympathy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Oh neat, no QTE's in Resident Evil 4 Remake
Good. If I want QTEs, I'll go replay Space Ace.

And is Ashley going to be armed in this version? I know that giving an untrained civilian a firearm is never actually a good idea, but it would be nice if she had something to defend herself with other than "ballistics".

Oh WTF Bethesda?
I mean, what's the problem? It's not like Bethesda has a record of not being able to maintain stable servers for live-service games.

...bwaaaaahahaha. Dangit, I almost got that out with a straight face.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh neat, no QTE's in Resident Evil 4 Remake
10/10! Already better than the original now!
Good. If I want QTEs, I'll go replay Space Ace.
Shinji and company only did QTEs for the good of all GAMERS TM!

Or go play Asura's Wrath. The best game with QTEs ever!

I know that giving an untrained civilian a firearm is never actually a good idea, but it would be nice if she had something to defend herself with other than "ballistics".

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It never made sense to me that all Ashley can do is flail her limbs when she's being carried off in front of Leon but then she turns into a goddamn luchador when she's alone. Does she have some sort of "princess in peril" complex?

Why does Ashley look like a late 30's single mom?
It's a little better in motion. That picture is weird.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
It never made sense to me that all Ashley can do is flail her limbs when she's being carried off in front of Leon but then she turns into a goddamn luchador when she's alone. Does she have some sort of "princess in peril" complex?
It's almost certainly a goof. The sequence where you play Ashley has her unarmed, with your only defense against the ganados is throwing oil lamps against them. It's also telling that it's got the hardest puzzle in the game, per the nature of her sequence.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's almost certainly a goof. The sequence where you play Ashley has her unarmed, with your only defense against the ganados is throwing oil lamps against them. It's also telling that it's got the hardest puzzle in the game, per the nature of her sequence.
Just a heads up, this a glitch that can only done in GC version. It was removed on the PS2 and future releases going forward.

Reactions: Hawki