BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sakurai on Retro Game Master.

Not much other news, than Calisto Protocol being on sale for $15.99-$18.99 at most retails now.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Additionally, we are kicking off Now On Epic: a new back catalog incentive program for developers and publishers to bring their previously released products to the Epic Games Store. Now On Epic gives participants the opportunity to boost their net revenue from user spending on eligible products from 88% to 100% in their first six months on the store on all payments processed by Epic Games. After this initial six-month run, participating titles will continue to benefit from Epic's industry-leading 88%/12% revenue split.

The Epic Games Store is home to a global audience with over 230 million players and 68 million monthly active users. Releasing back-catalog content on the Epic Games Store helps reach new, incremental audiences and ensures that the content that our players are looking for can be consistently discovered. Participants can leverage publisher and franchise sale opportunities to maximize this unique opportunity during their participating titles' first six months on the Epic Games Store.

Participating in this program requires a commitment to release a minimum of three products that have been released prior to October 31, 2023 and are currently live on another third-party PC storefront (or are included in a third-party subscription service). Participants that do not have three products currently live that meet the above criteria must bring over all products that are live. All participating products must launch by June 30, 2025, though they do not need to launch on the Epic Games Store at the same time.
Last week: we're burning through money faster than we can make it and are kind of in financial trouble

Today: lulz, release your old games on our shitty platform and we won't take a cut for half a year, lmao

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
A NOTE ON PERFORMANCE AND OUR COMMITMENT TO PLAYERS

On another note, we've noticed the concerns raised about Cities: Skylines II performance, especially after our previous statement with raised minimum and recommended specs. As we've always believed in transparency, we'd like to further shed some light on the current state of the build.

Cities: Skylines II is a next-gen title, and naturally, it demands certain hardware requirements. With that said, while our team has worked tirelessly to deliver the best experience possible, we have not achieved the benchmark we targeted.

In light of this, we still think for the long-term of the project, releasing now is the best way forward. We are proud of the unique gameplay and features in Cities: Skylines II, and we genuinely believe that it offers a great experience that you will enjoy.

We will continually improve the game over the coming months, but we also want to manage expectations on performance for the coming release. Our ambition is for Cities: Skylines II to be enjoyed by as many players as possible, and we're committed to ensuring it reaches its full potential.

Thanks for your understanding and continuous support. We're lucky to have a community as passionate and dedicated as you.
Nice of them to warn us they'll be releasing an paid unfinished beta. You 50 will got to further development which may or may not solve anything. No promises

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Nice of them to warn us they'll be releasing an paid unfinished beta. You 50 will got to further development which may or may not solve anything. No promises
No thanks.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

Do these people... like... WANT people to destroy the environment? Because I feel like if they keep doing shit like this, people will torch trees just to spite them.
The best part about this is that someone talked about "gamers co-operating to win" in the context of a Tekken tournament.

Bro, the game is 1v1, nobody's co-operating, each is in it for themselves and everyone else is an asshole you have to kick the ass of. And now you made yourself the central asshole of a group of asshole-ass-kickers.

This is the level of intelligent strategy I have come to expect from climate activists. They literally don't know anything about anything. The first and last time anyone from this group will co-operate will be in being mad at them lol.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

(Almost certainly this.)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

(Almost certainly this.)
There goes my interests, but I am not shocked at the same time.

Sega, we know you can do more than just Yakuza/Like A Dragon and Sonic. You have so many other games and IPs.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
There goes my interests, but I am not shocked at the same time.

Sega, we know you can do more than just Yakuza/Like A Dragon and Sonic. You have so many other games and IPs.
Sega technically is also putting up persona 3 R and Metaphor, since they own Atlus as of a while back. Though I do wish they used some of their own old IPs more. Maybe its time to bring back Panzer Dragon or something.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Maybe its time to bring back Panzer Dragon or something.
They already released a remake of the first game back in 2020. Zwei is supposed to get a remake too. The House of the Dead 1 got a remake treatment as well.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
They already released a remake of the first game back in 2020. Zwei is supposed to get a remake too. The House of the Dead 1 got a remake treatment as well.
I kinda wish they modernize it, cause while the og was fun at the time, it's kinda too plain. I think taking it in the Drakengard direction would be awesome for example.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I kinda wish they modernize it, cause while the og was fun at the time, it's kinda too plain.
The PD Remake played it safe, other than great visuals, but has a bunch of cool unlocks, cheats, and gameplay modifiers you can play with when beating the game the first time.
I think taking it in the Drakengard direction would be awesome for example.
That's basically what PD Saga was. It's still the most ambitious game in the franchise that's a rail shooter and RPG.

Me personally, I don't mind a different change of pace, or a better version of Saga, but I don't need Panzer Dragoon to turn into Drakengard from a gameplay perspective. It wouldn't be Panzer Dragoon.

I consider Zwei the best in the franchise, because of the multiple stage routes, and your dragon having different evolutions and final evolutions based on the paths you choose. This gives the game so much replay value, and the reason why the franchise works best as a rail shooter. A rail shooter that trumps all of Star Fox.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Do these people... like... WANT people to destroy the environment? Because I feel like if they keep doing shit like this, people will torch trees just to spite them.
They're just doing the PETA thing, do outrageous things for some generally good cause to gain as much visibility as possible so some people donate money that they can keep. Best thing to do is ignore.

Reactions: BrawlMan

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
There's an irony to allegedly taking a fancy anti-corporation stance, byy disrupting a more or less unrelated event. And then promoting it on a platform directly owned by the 2nd (or is it 3rd or 4th now) richest guy on the world, who indoubtedly has more money tied up in the stuff you're fighting then everyone at that tournment combined

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Haven’t looked into anything here, but wtf does a gaming convention have to do with the OIL INDUSTRY? Is it funded/sponsored by oil barons as a side gig or something?

Reactions: BrawlMan